Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bloody hell - turned up to a "job smart" thing this morning and was given something in the wrong format for me. It turns out the man wasn't told - I was told last week he'd be told. I was also told that the appointment started at 10.30 - it started at 10am.

Looks like a complaint then.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I applied for a job yesterday through the job centre website. I didn’t realise it was through a recruitment agency

until I turned up for the interview this morning.

The Interview was held at Marriot Hotel based in Preston, but when I asked more about the job the interview

Lady politely said “I can’t tell you where the job is based”.

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t tell me more about the job? So, what am I

supposed to do? If she offers me the job and I say yes…

But then realise it’s not the right place for me! I’ve never had a job through a Recruitment

agency before, and to give Ingeus some credit at least they tell you where the job is etc.

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t tell me more about the job? So, what am I

supposed to do? If she offers me the job and I say yes…

But then realise it’s not the right place for me! I’ve never had a job through a Recruitment

agency before, and to give Ingeus some credit at least they tell you where the job is etc.

I deal with Recruitment Agencies on a regular basis, some good some downright rubbish. Whenever

I have been invited for interview they would reveal the company recruiting, however the Agency would give the region

in which the job is placed as norm ! May I ask the name of the Agency and I could delve a little bit for you.

Hey,

http://www.uplandsrecruitment.co.uk/

I don’t know too much about them to be honest. Tina (Managing Director) who interviewed me seemed nice, but she promised

to call me at 1:30pm today and failed to contact me.

I won’t be applying for another agency job if this is how they treat me! I hate it when someone promises

to contact you by phone and doesn’t.

To be honest all this job searching is making me feel depressed. I’m applying for over 50 jobs

a week and rarely hearing back from any.

Job searching is a “full time job” and the moment that the “Employed” people realise this the better!

Has anyone had an "Application Tracking Sheet" for the "Personal Routeways"?

6b470fbe.jpg

So, if i fill this in, do I still have to also do a that booklet thing (ES4JP)?

Will Ingues call up the people to check I employed? It's fine if they do, I suppose...

I am coming up to the 13 or 14th week mark with Ingeus. They are now talking about VR - Vocational Routing. Is this where they force me to work in Tesco? I'm not thrilled about it but fine, if they want this as proof I'm not moonlighting,fine. It's not like it's forever

I saw the news yesterday about sanctions being drooped, but then I released its not for the Work Programme.

I am still annoyed about this as its disrupting my job searches.

Here is the letter I got:

dfd8a11e.jpg

Now, do I have to see them three times a week? What if I'm only available twice a week, because I'm volunteering?

Has anyone had an "Application Tracking Sheet" for the "Personal Routeways"?

6b470fbe.jpg

So, if i fill this in, do I still have to also do a that booklet thing (ES4JP)?

Will Ingues call up the people to check I employed? It's fine if they do, I suppose...

Well someone at Ignorus Doolittle needs a bit of basic literacy training - What is "oppourtunity"?

This looks very like a paper version of the form that they used to (may still do) ask people to complete on their intranet. Personally I would refuse on the grounds that you are already recordng this information on the ES4JP and that there is absolutley no point in duplicatiing that.

The rest of the text looks like the usual WP hooey.

Yes they will call up any future employer (they want to get paid and have to check). Don't give them consent (if you have then withdraw it - see. consent.me site) to avoid this.

Yes they will call up any future employer (they want to get paid and have to check). Don't give them consent (if you have then withdraw it - see. consent.me site) to avoid this.

I’ve signed the waiver form so Ingeus can/could contact a potential employer. What would happen if

I found myself a job and my new employer refused to give information about me?...

Does this then mean that Ingeus would struggle to claim from myself getting a job? I’ve heard people say that Ingeus need to find out the employers full name?

My point being…

Would this Waiver form be “void” if a new employer didn’t give any information?

Short answer is I don't know! My guess is that they would still try to claim. How can you be sure that new employer won't speak to Ingeus? Remember they are sneaky and may even pretend to be the DWP or "acting on behalf of DWP"

Best not to get into this situation and withdraw consent. Remember that you are perfectly within your rights to do so.

Thanks!

I was just curious to be honest…

What an employer says to Ingeus is out of my hands! I’m trying to find out the ins and outs of how these Private sector companies work.

I’m in £3000 worth of debt from a failed self-employed venture over a year ago. I can only just about afford the min payments, so when

I get a job it will take me a year to pay off my debts.

Ingeus would come out better off than me! Lol…

@Masso I will do my best to delve into the company.

I've been referred to the next phase WP it's with Scientiam at Preston. Seeing them on Monday for a two hour induction...Groan....

If I have to fill out these job sheets so be it, however any good full time jobs back in the industry I have come from will not be put down, all other part time roles will be checkable and I will sign off without giving details.....;o)

@ HELLY13

I don’t know anything about Scientiam to be honest...

All my appointments seem to be with Ingeus at the moment, but I’ve heard that some Ingeus clients get referred to other Private companies. The sooner I get a job the better! Being unemployed is making me feel so depressed at times.

I attend the Preston Ingeus branch most days to do my job search. I do like the facilities they provide to be honest, I take full advantage of the printer/Franking Machine.

I think these Private sector companies such as Ingeus/A4e would have a better reputation if they concentrated on finding you the “right job”. With the Government throwing money away to these companies, it would be better if they put this money into Education and Training. Like the old YTS schemes, but for Adults!

Thanks!

I was just curious to be honest…

What an employer says to Ingeus is out of my hands! I’m trying to find out the ins and outs of how these Private sector companies work.

I’m in £3000 worth of debt from a failed self-employed venture over a year ago. I can only just about afford the min payments, so when

I get a job it will take me a year to pay off my debts.

Ingeus would come out better off than me! Lol…

Well with the few jobs available being predominately part time and low paid it is not unusual for the pimp's payoff over two years to be more than the wages of the worker. Strange world.

@Masso, I agree with Bakatcha. Given the choice of not receiving their bonus or been sly and misrepresenting who they are or what their 'authority' is... they'd choose the later. If my advisor was happy enough to lie to me telling me I was legally obliged to surrender my phone number and email address then I presume too they'd be happy enough to lie to my future employer and possibly bully them into giving data.

I've been trying to sort 'Letter-Gate' out here but it's hard work. Emails from my 'advisor' bare no correct dates in regards to the problem and it seems to be impossible for them to understand that my grievance is their seeming incapability to use the term 'notify' correctly.

Hi ****, given that we're addressing an issue of inaccuracy I think everyone would be better served if the correct dates were presented.

The date on the letter is in no way an indication of what day the letter was printed out and irrespective of this I still fail to understand why printing a letter out is classified as notifying an Ingeus client. The notification can only occur once the client has received the letter. It is impossible for the client to be notified before the letter has been posted as you've told the DWP.

Just to make this extra clear for you: you have told the DWP I was notified on the 2/2/12

This is 7 days before I was actually notified and one day after the appointment for which I was supposedly been 'notified'

A further inquiry I have: why do you my name entered with my email as 'them'? I'm not sure I like been referred to in the collective and I dont think it creates an exceptionally great image for Ingeus that my 'advisor' has an 'us and them' philosophy.

YORKYLAD (THEM)

I can't wait for the response about the 'them' issue. I think this inquiry might be 'overlooked' :sad:

Well have to say I had a job interview for them the other day and do really feel sorry for anyone who has to be on the WP with this lot

had read this forum before during my research and thought that maybe it was just some disgruntled clients possibly ?

But no you are right they really are not nice people and to be even more frank if I am offered a job no amount of money would

make me want to work for this lot as I actually have a moral compass of what is right and wrong

Bloody hell - turned up to a "job smart" thing this morning and was given something in the wrong format for me. It turns out the man wasn't told - I was told last week he'd be told. I was also told that the appointment started at 10.30 - it started at 10am.

Looks like a complaint then.

Oh for christs sake - went there yesterday and nothing had been sorted. Won't go in tomorrow then and there will be a complaint coming their way. They've done this before and I am fed up of it.

@Nystagmite.

Who is your provider -Ingeus still or one of their sub providers? What on earth is Job Smart? Perhaps they need to go on a course called 'Work Smart'!

What galls me is they can make as many cock ups with your tiem and appointments and have to suck it up.. Yet when you make one slip up its sanction time!

No respect for anyone these organisations.

My new sub provider with Ingues is Scientiam, go knows who they are........

As usual it's all smoke and mirrors with the w2w pimps, the longer this recession goes on the more untenable their position will be, there aren't the jobs out there to apply for, they know that and so does everyone else, so it's keep filling out the paperwork because they are hoping that they will rinse the last few pounds out of the system before it goes completely pear shaped.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I had an Interview today and got the job. As the old saying go’s it’s not

what you know, it’s who you know!

It’s a Bar job (24 Hours Min) so better than what the dole pays. I need a Personal

License though which I assumed Ingeus would pay for…

I then proceeded to tell Ingeus the good news to which I was told

we can’t fund nearly £200! I explained that it’s a guaranteed job but i cant start it without a Personal License and....

I don’t have £200 spare!!!

I asked my Job Centre for help to which they also said no! Back to Ingeus I

went to be told they could fund £100 towards it if I provide evidence (Written/Signed)

The thing that bugs me is I’ve never claimed for a Suit/Shoes. People I know have been

claiming £60 suits for interviews, yet all I want is a Personal License for a guaranteed job outcome.

Edited by Masso

Well someone at Ignorus Doolittle needs a bit of basic literacy training - What is "oppourtunity"?

This looks very like a paper version of the form that they used to (may still do) ask people to complete on their intranet. Personally I would refuse on the grounds that you are already recordng this information on the ES4JP and that there is absolutley no point in duplicatiing that.

The rest of the text looks like the usual WP hooey.

Cheers for the advice

I want to tell them there's no point duplicating it, BUT I don't want to sound arsey. Theyve told me to apply for something like 90 jobs a week; I'm to record each one. I suppose I might as well cram it into the little booklet thing (ES4JP)

• Confused 1

Cheers for the advice

I want to tell them there's no point duplicating it, BUT I don't want to sound arsey. Theyve told me to apply for something like 90 jobs a week; I'm to record each one. I suppose I might as well cram it into the little booklet thing (ES4JP)

90 jobs a week! WHAT PLANET ARE THEY ON?!

I'd tell them that they can aspire for you to apply for 90 jobs a week but that you will stick to the minimum requirements as evidenced by your job seeker's agreement.

If, in any one week you see 1000 suitable job vacancies then you will make 1000 applications. If you see only 1 then you can make only 1. Do not accept their imposition of a ridiculous target - you do not control the number of suitable vacancies therfore you cannot agree to a specific target of applications. End of discussion.

Cheers for the advice

Put down all your job applications but on the copy your giving to Ingeus, blank out the company name. AFAIK that cannot get you sanctioned - it could only cause you potential hassle if you blanked out the copy you show when you sign on with the actual, real DWP :)

Tell Ingeus, that as Ingeus is a private commercial entity, you are unwilling to provide them with what are effectively lists, tips, and contacts they can use to try and source new clients for the Work Programmes - and unless they wish to pay you a finding fee for providing them with valuable operational data, ie an employers name, and the fact they are recruiting, then you will not be doing so. You could also make up an interest Data Protection argument ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

According to my adviser, she did tell the first person that I would need stuff in alternative format. She didn't think to tell the second person. I had to tell the second person and he still did nothing. I have told my adviser that until something is in place, I will not be attending these courses.