Request for Assistance with Universal Credit Advance Repayment Issue

fred45223
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I find myself in need of your help once again.

Currently, I'm unemployed and have no financial means to address this issue. I previously sought your advice regarding a problematic gym membership. With your guidance, we were able to successfully counteract their unethical practices, particularly their policy of demanding exorbitant fees to terminate memberships.

Today, I face a different challenge. I received an advance on my Universal Credit due to continuous errors with my claim. In response, I established a repayment plan which was meant to come into effect during my Universal Credit claiming period. However, it seems they've decided to prematurely enforce this plan, possibly out of frustration or some other reason.

I'm looking forward to your valuable assistance and advice in this matter.

Best regards.

fred pdf.pdf

If you have a Universal Credit claim still active, they will simply deduct an amount each month.  These letters DWP Debt Management issue are standard, so I would not be concerned by it.  Just advise them that they can make repayment deductions from your UC claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello HB,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll immediately edit the attachment to remove my name and reference number. My apologies for the oversight.

Regarding my old account, it was registered under the name "".

Best regards,

Hello, unclebulgaria67

Thank you for your informative response. I appreciate your reassurances about the DWP Debt Management letters being standard.

I'll make sure to notify them that they can proceed with repayment deductions from my active Universal Credit claim.

Thanks again for your guidance.

Best regards,

pdf sorted and back in post 1

do you agree you owe the money?

its unusual for them to state they'll pass it to a powerless DCA if you do really owe it, as a DCA is not a BAILIFF and cant do anything on any 'debt'. when they have the power to just take it as they state....urm...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the prompt update on the PDF, it's greatly appreciated.

Regarding your question about the debt, I still firmly maintain my position that I do not owe the money. I am fully aware of the specifics and implications of this issue, and I am adamant that there's been a misunderstanding or error in their records.

On the matter of involving a Debt Collection Agency (DCA), I completely agree with your perspective. It's indeed peculiar that they'd involve a DCA, considering its limited power in comparison to a bailiff. I'm in full understanding that a DCA does not have the same legal authority to forcibly collect the debt. Their approach doesn't quite add up, especially if they claim to have the capability to extract the supposed debt directly. It's rather perplexing, isn't it?

I appreciate your insights and look forward to resolving this issue swiftly and effectively. Let's stay in touch and continue to discuss the progression of this case.

So you took an advance but don't owe this debt?

Was the advance paid off?

It looks like your previous claim, where you took an advance has been closed, as that's the only time a new claim or budgeting advance gets passed to debt management. Normally it stays on your claim and repayments start straight away from any ongoing award.

goto the dwp website

type sar in their search

fill it out.

make them PROVE by data you owe this... when is the debt from?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All that has happened here, is that for some reason a UC claim was closed, with an advance loan amount outstanding. The advance amount is then automatically sent to DWP Debt Management and the letter received is a standard letter.

Once DWP Debt Management are made aware of new UC claim, they can start applying deduction to UC awards.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

Regarding my old account, it was registered under the name "".

The system can't find a user with that name.

HB

They should still have same National Insurance number, so DWP Debt Management  should still see new claim.

Fred will just need to confirm with Debt Management that they want deductions from the new claim.

Thanks for your insights, everyone. To clarify, the advance was paid off before the UC claim was closed. There seems to be a misunderstanding somewhere in the process. As suggested, I'll go to the DWP website, search for SAR and fill it out. I will insist they provide data proving the debt. 

As for the old account, it seems there is some confusion. I had a different username, but I can't recall the details right now. I'll try to dig up the information and get back to you.

Appreciate your help and support in this matter.

:cheer2:

and they