Evidence to council tax department when claiming CTB - they want business statements???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am in the process of claiming CTB.

They are driving me mad just wondered lol they asked me for audited accounts I wish we qualified for !

However my husbands accountant is completing last years accounts in August in line with VAT bill.

They can see we are in receipt of benefit and need payslips no problem - however they have asked for business statements too ?  Why would I need to produce these ? can I redact any of it (not that I can think of a reason why to redact) ?

Hate having to talk to the local authority as they make me feel like I have done something wrong.

Like I provided all info first requested then the tell me that I have not sent it even though it was sent early .. apparently I sent it too the council tax department (this is council tax) they told me I should have sent it to housing benefit ... really could they not have passed it to a colleague in house what has happened to administration ?

• dx100uk changed the title to Evidence to council tax department when claiming CTB - they want business statements???

This is all standard stuff for CTB.

Either provide what they are asking for or withdraw the claim.

The councils are required to check all financial records to ensure that people qualify.

Don't redact anything.  

All council and benefit offices are quite used to seeing embarrassing purchase items. ( not suggesting that you have anything to hide). The Council want to see all account entries.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread