Rescue Mate delivered the wrong tyre and want me to pay for it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend lent me her car, but shortly after, I got a flat tyre. Since she was on vacation, I searched on Google and found a service called Rescue Mate (https://rescuemate.co.uk/). I called them at 12:30 and provided them with the exact tire size while I sat in front of the flat tire. They quoted me a price of £220, which I found to be quite high, but I went ahead and gave them my credit card information. They informed me that a tyre fitter would arrive within 60-90 minutes.

However, even after three hours and three phone calls, the fitter still hadn't shown up. Eventually, the fitter called me, and he turned out to be a local subcontractor. He explained that Rescue Mate had scheduled me for a service between 3-4 PM. Although I was angry about the delay, I was relieved that the fitter was finally on his way to replace the tyre. After 25 minutes, he arrived but discovered that Rescue Mate had provided him with the wrong tyre size.

I immediately called Rescue Mate, and they claimed that I had given them the incorrect tyre size, stating that I would have to pay for another delivery. However, I had a passenger with me who witnessed the call and heard me provide the correct tyre size. I was surprised and frustrated by their response.

Before I could say anything, they added that they didn't currently have the correct tyre size in stock and couldn't deliver it to me that day. They offered to refund me the money, minus the fitter's journey cost. Feeling ripped off and frustrated by their refusal to take responsibility, I ended the call.

I spoke to the fitter about the situation, and he mentioned that issues like this were common with Rescue Mate. However, my main concern was getting the tyre replaced. I asked him if it was true that he couldn't bring me another tyre, and he confirmed that wasn't the case. He could provide one within 1-2 hours for £135. I agreed, and his colleague arrived and replaced the tyre five hours after my initial call.

Rescue Mate refunded me only £80 out of the £220 I had paid. I want the remaining £140 back. Now I'm wondering if I should take this matter to Small Claims court or file a Charge Back and send it to VISA. I don't appreciate them putting the blame on me and expecting me to pay for their mistake. It's unfair that I should be charged for something when they clearly failed to deliver what they promised.

• dx100uk changed the title to Rescue Mate delivered the wrong tyre and want me to pay for it

id try chargeback 1st.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello 

I've send them a mail requesting a a full refund and explaining them why I want a full refund.

They are claiming that on the phone I've told them the wrong tyre size. I'm assuming they are recording all phone calls and can I request under Right of Access that they have to send over to me that recording of my phone call?

All the best

Yes.  SAR

What about the chargeback?