Carers allowance pip claim

peakson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can I apply for careers allowance for my daughter who claims middle rate dla,

I claim esa and pip, I am worried this will effect my claim if I claim as a carer.

Thank you.

AFAIK....yes.

CONTACT.ORG.UK

Almost 100 parent carers took part in our recent Facebook Q&A about Carer’s Allowance, making it one of our most popular sessions yet! ...

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sometimes, if someone on PIP lodges a claim for Carer’s Allowance, this may prompt the PIP Unit to want to review the carer’s own PIP award to make sure that the 35 hours of care they are providing is not an indication that their own health problems have improved. 

Its only to check that you are capable of providing care considering you already get PIP yourself but as you already get ESA also I would assume you are capable....It may prompt a review...may...its your choice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

16 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Its only to check that you are capable of providing care considering you already get PIP yourself but as you already get ESA also I would assume you are capable....It may prompt a review...may...its your choice.

I'm already going through a review at the moment, I have psyical and mental difficulties, I couldnt say I'm capable full time on my own my partner did alot, at the moment my mum is with me and the children everyday, she cannot get carers allowance because she's on new style pension 

Carers Allowance would be taken into account when ESA was calculated. The basic allowance under each of these would be overlapping.  

Get advice before claiming CA

And if you do claim CA, you need to inform ESA.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

@unclebulgaria67 who would be the best advice CAB? 

I claimed ESA before my daughter was born and started to claim DLA,, So I don't know if that was correct, I don't no how mine has been calculated I receive £289 every two weeks, before this i claimed single and had SDP And recieved £375, I am in the support group not the work group one 

Carers Allowances does affect ESA, so you will not be better off by claiming Carers Allowance.

"If you get any of the following benefits, the DWP will take the amount you get off your ESA:

contribution-based ESA – this means you’re only paid once if you get both types of ESA

contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Working Tax Credits

Carer’s Allowance

Maternity Allowance

Widow’s Pension

They won’t take any money from your ESA for:  Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Disability Living Allowance (DLA) Attendance Allowance Housing Benefit or Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) Child Tax Credits or Child Benefit"

WWW.CITIZENSADVICE.ORG.UK

How much ESA you could get - whether you're about to start a claim or are currently being assessed for ESA.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread