UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is SO funny. You didn;t acknowledge the 'service' provided on their invoice, and they gave up and sold it on. This new firm are prepared to offer you a 'deal' and discount the debt and cut you some slack. They clearly have had a logic bypass.

Of course the debt hasn't been 'sold' = no reputable firm worth its salt would buy such a speculative debt. As others have said, ignore - you;re on the home straight!

As usual they don't explain the basis for the debt.

The numpties would probably have a better success rate if they didn't make their letters so obviously templated.

Who'd use such a lame company?

Hi All,

This site is superb and I'm sure the advice given here provides many with the encouragement and strength to fight these jokers. I am at the 'debt recovery stage' ( 1st letter from 'Debt Recovery Plus' [bless their little cotton socks] stating all the usual rubbish). Thus far I have not acknowledged any letters/demands made of me either by UKPC or Debt Recovery Plus and am aware that, following advice on this forum, this seems to be the best course of action. I'm just curious to know if anybody has stuck to this and not entered into any correspondence whatsoever with these people and whether they did eventually go away?

Yes - after 6 letters (in my case) they stopped. Nothing more after this - and it has been 2 years now. Interestingly, you can tell when the last letter is, which offers you a discount if you pay them 'within 14 days'. :)

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering if anyone saw watchdog on thursday night. top lawyer on who deals in traffic. when ann robinson asked him what he would do if he got a charge. his reply was throw in bin and ignore. so to any one who doubts the advice given on here DONT its all perfectly true.

Wish I'd seen it! Did they name any specific companies?

I have now received my latest threatening letter from Debt Recovery Plus.

They've 'given up' and are passing the case back to UKPC.

But before they do they have a last bash at intimidation by trying to scare you by totting up all the fees and charges and fines you'll get IF they get a CCJ against you.

Comes to about £350.

Next they try to make you think they can get a CCJ in absentia, no acknowledgement of the fact that you'd be at the court explaining what a bunch of lying, conning lowlife this lot are.

When you read the letter carefully all they keep banging on about is recommending 'this' and notice of INTENDED legal proceedings 'that' etc etc. Empty words.

Tragic that they choose to ignore what the Law actually says about who they pursue for their money. Let's hope something comes of the Watchdog coverage....

I'll let you know when letter 4 arrives :D

his reply was throw in bin and ignore. so to any one who doubts the advice given on here DONT its all perfectly true.

How reckless was that? (As far as TV advice goes).

WE may be aware of the subtle differences between PPCs and Council (Criminal and Non-Criminalised) tickets. Since you 'expert' can afford to represent himself in any court action, of course he'll bin them.

For the rest of us (who are not) will have to take each case on its merits.

How reckless was that? (As far as TV advice goes).

WE ay be aware of the subtle differences between PPCs and Council (Criminal and Non-Criminalised) tickets. Since you 'expert' can afford to represent himself, of course he'll bin them.

For the rest of us (who are not) will have to take each case on its merits.

I didn't see the programme but one can only presume that the discussion dealt specifically with the non-criminal charges cowboys like UKPC try to enforce. I can't imagine a lawyer would be so daft as to make that type of statement as far as Road Traffic Act parking contraventions are concerned. Or am I being naive? :rolleyes:

it was only regarding PPC tickets , check it out on BBC iplayer

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

The trouble with the populous is, unless the difference is explained clearly and highlighted they'll only remember the bit about 'parking demand letters' are uncollecatble. Just wait - it has happened before.

Wow, good to see watchdog getting involved, these rip off merchant private parking companies are being shown in a really bad light recently.

I still haven't received my original letter through the post either for a charge from last year haha guess they're getting sloppy!

I received a letter today :- Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above date of the contravention our records confirm that you are the registered keeper/owner. It is not our intention to cause upset,( ah ain't that sweet.) If as per your letter you believe the vehicle has been used or the number plates have been cloned please provide us with a crime reference number so that we may look into the matter. They have kindly put the PCN on hold for 14 days too. Can't make out the signature as its just a very childish scribble, any ideas what needs to be done next or should i follow watchdogs advise and see how far it can fly when its made into an aeroplane.

I received a letter today :- Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above date of the contravention(:eek: our records confirm that you are the registered keeper/owner.

Surely they mean DVLA's records and they only give the registered keepers details, so how do they know if you are the owner?

It is not our intention to cause upset,( ah ain't that sweet.)

:lol::lol::lol:

If as per your letter you believe the vehicle has been used or the number plates have been cloned please provide us with a crime reference number so that we may look into the matter.

Just remind me this is a private company here? How are they going to 'look into the matter', they have no powers and the police would tell them to foxtrot oscar.

They have kindly put the PCN on hold for 14 days too. Can't make out the signature as its just a very childish scribble, any ideas what needs to be done next or should i follow watchdogs advise and see how far it can fly when its made into an aeroplane.

Correct, follow watchdog advice.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

im not corresponding with anyone anymore,

3rd ukpc letter of this times 'fine' just went way of the bin.

i have to laugh at the lack of the word 'offence' in any letters from them,as someone on here kindly pointed out.

todays letter was a bit snotty which cheered me up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have read a lot of posts over the last couple of days but unfortunately for me i did not see the many sites telling me not to reply, and subsequently did not ignored UKPC. Instead i have sent them a couple of emails which are outlined below. I agree i should have ignored them and to just rise above it, but i havent and was just wondering that since i have done what i have if it may exclude me me from others that jus ignore it and get away with it.

Basically i was parked in my friends bay (for two hours) whilst they were on holiday and got a PCN. They claim i should have had a parking permit given to me from my friend. The owner of they bay wrote them a letter stating that i had prior permission etc etc so in some respects i have already admitted to being the person parked there... have a look at the emails/letters below and advise whether i have put myself in trouble now for admitting or sending.

All viewers/responders are very much appreciated.

My appeal was sent through email on 17/5/2010 and stated:

Hi,

Please find supporting documentation with reference to my appeal. At the time of this ticket being issued, I was currently dropping something around to the owners premsis on their behalf and was not there for any great deal of time at all. The owner of the premises had given me prior consent to use his parking pay, as proven by his letter attached.

I was not going to be there for any extended period of time, and caused no obstruction to anyone whatsoever. My reasoning for using his bay was also acting in the interests of others who were wishing to visit people and use the subsequent visitors parking bay for longer than i needed, (Which i have not been able to identify where the visitors bay is anyhow).

As you can see from the penalty notice the car was registered as being first seen at 16:45 and the ticket was issued at 16:45, so it was not like I was given any chance to have moved the car, let alone drop off what i needed to and leave after a few minutes of being there.

I therefore believe given the reasoning for me being parked there, with also evidence that i was in fact allowed to park there in the first place by the owner provides no substantiation for this ticket being upheld.

As you will be aware there is huge public opinion about how people are treated by private parking enforcement agencies and I hope UKPC issues parking tickets for the correct reasons in which they operate and not as a source for just making revenue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also attached to this was a letter from my friend basically saying that he gave me full permission to park there etc etc. But had his address and my address on the letter which was sent to them.

In addition to this, the following emails have been sent/recieved.

Email sent to them....

For your information……

My Details....

I am the registered keeper of the vehicle and was parked in the bay at the time of the PCN being issued. However, I had full permission of the owner (as evidence provided)

Do not send any further correspondence to ****, ***, ***, ***, ***, ***. This is his parking bay and is the person that gave me permission to park in his bay.

Your dealings are with me NOT him!!

--------------------------------------------------------

From them

A letter was sent to you on 21st May 2010, this will be resent today.

----------------

From Me

Evening,

I write further with reference to PCN:0235611404866. I still have not had a response from my emails, that now go back almost two weeks. I have followed the procedure for appeal and have had nothing back from yourselves. I am not going to spend any more of my personal time chasing you on this. Your website states that you will reply to any appeal within 5 days. You have now failed to do so, despite me calling your office. I therefore class this matter as closed and will make no payment to you.

--------------------------

From Me

Good afternoon,

In addition to the email below, this email is to confirm that I today contacted ‘customer services’ on 0870 174 0074 and spoke to someone claiming to be Jackie Smith, (I question the validity of this), who checked to see whether the email dated 17th May 2010 was received, in addition to my email below. I was advised that no email had been received, dated 17/5/2010. Therefore, I am sending this email once again, with original email and attachments as proof of sending. I would appreciate if someone could contact me ***** to advise receipt.

Attachments includes a letter from the owner of the parking bay providing evidence of my eligibility to park there, original parking PCN notice (copy) and my statement of why I was parked there. These can be found in the attached original email >

As advised by the person on the phone, my email dated 17/5/2010 (attached) is sufficient and no further correspondence is required by myself.

For your information…

PCN Details

PCN: 0235611404866 – 14/5/2010 @ 16:45

Vehicle : ***

My Details

My Details Were Disclosed....

------------

From Me

Good afternoon,

With reference to the attached email, I have not yet received a response in relation to my appeal. However, this email is to advise that after having read the printed appeal form from the http://www.ukpcappeals.com website, my previous appeal via email is valid, (blank form attached providing this information). I am now so advised of no requirement to therefore send such documentation registered post, as I have already submitted this in my previous email dated 17th May 2010, (attached).

I trust my previous email included sufficient reasoning and evidence for which my appeal to be successful. If I do not hear any further communication from you, I will presume my appeal successful and will take no further action.

Edited by Garethuk1981

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks