UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi....I've been issued with a UKPC parking ticket whilst shopping at Tescos, i've appealed unsuccessfully of course (!) However , in appealing I may have implicated myself as the driver. Is the advice still to not pay the fine and send back all correspondence from UKPC and any debt collecting agencies with words along the lines of ' the contract is with the driver and not the registered keeper'. Can I, should I still do this ? I really dont want to pay these [problematic] but I also dont want to jeopardise my credit rating...help please !!

Don't waste your money on postage. This is addressed Junk Mail in it's purest form, and by continuing to correspond (by returning their communications) they know you are concerned and may single you out of a sustained attack, knowing you will break eventually.

Secondly, your credit rating has NOTHING to do with this. Firms can ONLY modify your CR providing they had your PERMISSION to do so. Have you provided this? If not, UKPC cannot enter any information about you to any DCA - which is a major flaw in their argument.

The ONLY situation where this can occur, is after an unlikely court case, you lose and 28 days don't pay what the court says is due. Then you get a CCJ which will go on your file. Even If you went to court, even if you lost - if you paid the fee within 28 days, no CCJ can be issued against you.

(But they'd be silly to tell you this, as it makes their correspondence less menacing!).

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately I have had no direct issues with this company, but have recently had need to write to them on behalf of a neighbour. I have copied my letter below just for the fun of it - I hope it will prove to be of use to someone.

Dear Sirs,

Re: PCN ****************

I freely admit that I considered ignoring your ‘Parking Charge Notice’ in its entirety (naughty, it is not a PCN, it is just an unsubstantiated invoice), but, as I have nothing better to do at present and felt the overwhelming desire to receive some comedy input from your firm, I have now decided to make a response.

Firstly, as you are probably aware, the registered keeper of the vehicle has no liability to make payment. The only person you may be able to pursue for this matter is the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence. The registered keeper has no legal obligation to provide details of the driver to you or your company. Please feel free to provide photographic evidence of the driver and their name and address at this point.

Secondly, driving onto and making use of parking facilities on private land does not automatically infer that a contract has been entered into. Please feel free to provide documentary evidence that a contract exists and has been agreed by all parties.

Thirdly, although the vehicle in question does have a blue badge, you have failed to provide photographic evidence of a failure to display it in a car park on private land where the blue badge scheme is not enforceable. Please feel free to forward the required photographic evidence.

Having done some research on UKPC, I fully appreciate that you will totally ignore this letter and continue to write to me advising me of the doom and gloom that you foresee in my future. It is my assumption that, at some point, you will refer this to your own debt collection agency (do you still use your subsidiary company Hunter Forrest & Co?) with threats of legal action and additional costs. Please, do not feel obligated to pursue your normal course of correspondence just to satisfy my need to have some laughter. You could instead skip straight to the legal proceedings, as I have no intention of paying this ‘charge’.

As I seriously doubt anyone has read this far, it may seem pointless that I continue writing, but I will point out some other matters for your consideration nevertheless;

Your ‘charge certificate’ whilst using words such as ‘enforcement’, ‘contravention’ and ‘unauthorised’ would imply that you are suggesting that this is an official penalty charge notice issued under the Road Traffic Act 1991. This, of course, is not the case.

For your information, I will include an excerpt from the Administration of Justice Act 1970:

Section 40 of the act provides that a person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under contract, he or she:

(a) harasses the other with demands for payment which by their frequency, or the manner or occasion of their making, or any accompanying threat or publicity are calculated to subject him or his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b) falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

© falsely represent themselves to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment;

(d) utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

Paragraph (a) above does not apply to anything done by a person which is reasonable (and otherwise legal) for the purpose of:

(1) of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

(2) of the enforcement of any liability by legal process.

It is also provided that a person may be guilty of an offence under paragraph (a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

Having already stated that, as the registered keeper, I have no liability to make payment, it could be construed that any further correspondence would constitute harassment. Damn, I was so looking forward to more of your companies humour! I can however cross my fingers in the hope that you have no interest in the law and will continue to write regardless. Please ensure that if you do write further, to make your correspondence on softer paper as the harder paper tends to inflame my haemorrhoids.

I suppose that at some point UKPC will try to imply that a contract has been entered into, this was briefly mentioned earlier. Again, for your information, I have included a section of the Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999).

5. - (1) A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer.

(2) A term shall always be regarded as not having been individually negotiated where it has been drafted in advance and the consumer has therefore not been able to influence the substance of the term.

(3) Notwithstanding that a specific term or certain aspects of it in a contract has been individually negotiated, these Regulations shall apply to the rest of a contract if an overall assessment of it indicates that it is a pre-formulated standard contract.

(4) It shall be for any seller or supplier who claims that a term was individually negotiated to show that it was.

All future correspondence from UKPC will result in a copy of this letter being sent again. As I have gone to the expense of placing a stamp on this letter, I will not be doing so in future as I see no point in incurring additional expense in re-iterating my position in disputing your claims for this invoice.

Yours Faithfully

Edited by PeacoTard
All the tags came up.

(1) of securing the discharge of an obligation due, or believed by him to be due, to himself or to persons for whom he acts, or protecting himself or them from future loss; or

Well that negates all the rest of the letter as they 'do' believe it is due.

No way they cam believe it is due from the RK.

No, that bits a trick, but they believe all the rest just like Brown believes he saved the world from financial crisis.

Then again, they come up with some real stupid stuff so maybe they believe that as well.

I received my first invoice back in August 09 from UKPC and received various threating bits and pieces up until the middle of September, ignoring them all as advised here on the forum. I thought they had gone away and given up, then this morning (5 month later) I received a letter out of the blue from 'Parking Services Limited' informing me they had purchased the debt and that they plan to collect the debt through to a legal conclusion if necessary.

Anyone heard of this new lot and do they carry out their threats ??????????

there is another thread on the forum regarding these new load of [problematic] 'Parking Services Limited' and the same goes as before IGNORE

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I have been following this thread since November when I received first "invoice" from UKPC and I have had all the usual begging letters but today I have received a new one for my collection it is from Parking Collection Services Ltd. Stating that it has purchased the "debt" from UKPC and will take the usual reduced fee if paid within 7 days. Or we are going to court again!!!!!! Anybody else had this one yet.

If a debt really existed, can any learned person tell me if it can be "purchased"?

I thought that the collection of a debt, could only be undertaken by the person to whom it was originally owed.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Yes. In this commercial age - everything has a value and can be turned into a business. If I am owed £1 by 100 people, and a firm offers to pay me to write off the debt by passing it to them, they give me £50 (say) and I move on.

Meanwhile this firm will use this £50 paid to me as their speculative punt to start chasing those customers, for the £100 owed, THEN add spurious charges with threats of court and home visits to bump up the amount due and it all improves their profitability.

I have been following this thread since November when I received first "invoice" from UKPC and I have had all the usual begging letters but today I have received a new one for my collection it is from Parking Collection Services Ltd. Stating that it has purchased the "debt" from UKPC and will take the usual reduced fee if paid within 7 days. Or we are going to court again!!!!!! Anybody else had this one yet.

Parking non Collection Services have not got a chance in hell of collecting anything on the bought alleged debt, they havn't even established who the debtor is yet, they are assuming it is the RK.

Very, very safe to ignore these clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 3 weeks later...
any body had any more dealings with ukpc, all seems to have gone quite lately

Hi there.

I'm still battling with mine! As it turns out the staff at UKPC cannot read. Either that or they haven't figured out how to open envelopes yet.

Their standard template letter they sent me in reply to my original (and actually quite stern yet polite) letter didn't address ANY of the concerns that I had written in my previous mail to them, so I sent them a 'Hello, can you READ it next time?' letter.

A month or so later I received another templated demand, this time with an inflated price tag on it of £140.

Naturally, the next letter I am writing to them will pretty much quote their 'We aim to write back to you within 3 working days but certainly no more than 7 days after your representation is received' schpiel as they have not written anything, merely waited for an automated machine to print snotty inflated invoices out.

If you're interested, I'll keep you posted!

stop contacting them they wont reply they ignore anything other than payment

YOU DONT OWE THEM A SINGLE 1p

so you do the same

1) IGNORE

2) IGNORE SOME MORE

3) GOTO 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

You are completely wasting your time writing to these clowns, as you have already found out they ignore you anyway. Why continue to waste YOUR time and money?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks