UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you had permission from the owner of the bay. IF and thats a very very big IF the PPC has a contract with the owner re parking you can not be bound to it due to privity. stop writing to them.

Thanks for your replies guys. Just one point to make. Basically the place i parked in is a residential estate which is managed by property management. It basically an old hospital which has been turned into houses and apartments. I think the contract is between the property management and UKPC. The owner of the house that gave me permission to park in his place needs to have a permit in his parking place otherwise he gets fined (and he has once before but paid it after appeal lol).

So basically, he owns the place as well as the parking bay but has to adhere to the property management rules, otherwise BANG the UKPC arseholes pop a ticket on his window....in on this occaision, mine.

I spoke to the property management people that run the area to ask them to revoke it but they basically said tough!! - what a bunch of (you know what)...

I read the UKPC website "advertising statement" lol.... read this bit from the ukparkingcontrol.com website FAQ's...

So how do you earn your money?We do charge clients for some of our car park management services, like providing pay and display facilities and carrying out health and safety checks. In addition we generate income from parking charges notices (PCNs) paid. In some cases we can even offer you commission on this revenue.

Just shows you they are a bunch of T****

"So basically, he owns the place as well as the parking bay but has to adhere to the property management rules" what ? ? how did that come about ? or has he just been convinced that this is the case ? If he owns the bay he has the right to peaceful enjoyment.

Its basically just the rules he has to adhere to by living in that area. Actually the time he got his ticket was when we had all that snow, and basically he couldnt get into his parking area because of it....something you would have thought the property management of the area should have sorted, as i think he pays so much a year for the up keeping of the grounds etc.... its just one of those private new housing estates they are building at the moment.

Either way, with what i have put above in earlier posts, shall i still ignore? im really worried about finding out i have a CCJ for something a lot higher. I watch the BBC "Balifs" programme now and have seen people ending up having to pay over £500 in balif fees etc from a £50 parking ticket......:confused:

Hi Gareth

You have to remember this is a [problem].

These parasites just issue unenforceable invoices (not tickets, not penalties, not fines - just invoices), pay £2.50 to the DVLA to get an address and then bombard them with threatening, and usually unlawful letters.

Then they sit back and wait for the cheques to roll in. Luckily most people Google straight away and see they're running a [problem] nowadays.

The threatening letters concentrate on various aspects:

• that the charge is enforceable, due to agreed terms and conditions

• that non-payment will result in court action

• that somehow they have the power to obtain a CCJ as if it was like popping to the shops for a Sunday newspaper

• that CCJs are a fate worse than death

All rubbish. Chances of court are miniscule. And if such a company was so stupid, they're pretty much guaranteed to lose. This is a mail [problem] - you don't make money taking people to court, you make money by sending out letters.

Continue to ignore. I'm sorry your friend fell for the [problem]. He could actually sue the management company if he wanted to get the money back, but I doubt he'd want to bother. I'd just deduct £25 from the service charge myself.

By the way, all the bailiff programmes you've seen refer to council penalty notices - legitimate parking tickets, not [problem] invoices from private companies.

"Its basically just the rules " what rules ? ? ? how are they imposed ? how were they agreed ?? he owns the space so absent an lawful restraint (such as a restrictive covenant) he can do what he likes and let anyone he likes park there.

Hi

Can someone please help me.

I am minicab driver and I was allocated to pick up a disabled passenger.

UKPC have provided a photographs showing me entering the vehicle and the passenger going in the vehicle.

The contravention they claimed to have occurred was for “Vehicle parked on yellow lines/hatched area. The Place was definitely not hatched area. As Mini cabdriver we are even permitted to stop on the red route to alight and board passenger.

The photograph they have provided does not show any dates or time. Can some please help what I need to do.

I have checked their website and it states the following; http://ukpcappeals.co.uk/legal

Do we really take people to court and win?

Amateur lawyers posting on internet forums often advise people to ignore PCNs, claiming that they’re not enforceable by law. This is bad advice.

In fact we take people to court every month and in most cases the judge finds in our favour, on the basis that:

• the PCN was issued correctly
  • our signage was clear and properly displayed
  • and the charge made was fair.

In this case you would be issued with a county court judgement (CCJ) detailing the amount you need to pay us. Taking into account the original charge plus interest, legal expenses and costs, this usually works out in excess of £300.

A CCJ could have a negative effect on your credit rating. Unless you pay it within one month and then pay an additional fee for the details to be removed from your records, the CCJ will remain on your credit file for six years.

Each month 10-20 people receive CCJs from the civil courts after trying to avoid paying one of our parking charges. Here are a few recent examples:

NameAmountReferenceConnell£314.599MA07347Koloko£307.249MA07109McDonald£293.669MA06846Mohanad£303.559MA07114Morgan£303.839MA07345Patel£308.889MA07329Pledge£303.959MA07107Tomlinson£303.709MA06847Zarafat£293.869MA07110Bailey-Edwards£304.769MA08392

Common defences and why they don't work

The charge is unfair

When we take them to court, people often claim that they decided not to pay the parking charge as they felt it was unfair. However, we have never had a case where the judge has accepted this argument.

By parking at the site you indicated that you agreed to our terms, including the charges we’re entitled to make if you park in breach of the rules.

I wasn’t driving the car

This is a very common defence but a risky one. In many cases we’ll have photographic evidence to prove that you were the person who parked the car on-site.

If you state in court that you weren’t driving the car but are found to be lying, this could be considered as perjury. This is defined as the deliberate, willful giving of false, misleading, or incomplete testimony under oath, and is a serious criminal offence.

have a read of the many posts regarding these clowns , its a [problem], you will then understand how it works

it is not a parking fine and you owe them NOTHING

all you have to do is ignore anything else they send

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

What bullpoo. first off it's not a PCN, it's an invoice just like you get from the milkman except the milkmans is legit.

They only win in court if it is 'not' defended.

If nothing else will convince you, then have a look at what a lawyer had to say:

Only 10-20 per month when they send out thousands.

having looked at the notice to owner they have sent they have put my surname first and my first name is second.. can i appeal on teh ses issue

(instead of johns smith they have put smith johns)

having looked at the notice to owner they have sent they have put my surname first and my first name is second.. can i appeal on teh ses issue

There is no appeal.

See my post 3 places above.

Spend some time looking through the site at the many other private parking company threads.

Just ignore.

The bullsh*t on UKPC's site is laughable. They're running a mail [problem] - do you think they'd tell anything other than lies on their site?

On what grounds do you think you owe them money? Because they say so?

You just have an unenforceable invoice.

Absolutely nothing needsw to be done, Ignore it.

They're clever in attempting to debunk forum advice to ignore, their letter is a total famrication in that it only tells what they want you to know. For example;

the pcnlink3.gif was issued correctly

our signage was clear and properly displayed

and the charge made was fair.

This isn't a PCN - it is an Invoice. A PCN is issued by Councils. They cannot issue a PCN, and have no authority to do so.

Their signage has no more legal significance than an advert. They are attempting to rely on contract law in that by reading the sign and entering their ground you have agreed to it, however - you cannot be taken to have agreed if you didn;t read the sign, or if having read it, felt it did not apply to you. (As a cab driver, you were only picking up or droppiong off).

As for the charge being made was 'fair'....? I think not. This has no relevance in a contract dispute of this type.

It really is a great [problem]. After 6-10 letters, that;s an end to the matter. As it COSTS them to take you to court, and they have no guarantee of winning. Secondly, you cannot get a CCJ if, (in the unlikely event of losing) you pay within 28 days, you DO NOT GET A JUDGEMENT against you.

They always forget to point this out. But it weakens their argument.

Absolutely, but to see their much expanded information letter on why you should not ignore their demands, does strike a note of desperation that forums (such as these) are making a considerable difference to their bottom line of profitability.

And if you had said that you had to pull off the road as your passenger had just had an heart attack and you were waiting for the ambulance, you would have had the same letter.

There is 'no' appeal. It's not a regulated body, just a bunch of cowboys who have thought up a way to make easy money.

Also, it is 'not' a PCN. Only councils and police issue PCN. It is just an invoice with an 'invitation' to pay.

I'd send a copy to your MP. They are misrepresenting their Invoice as a PCN in the hope you'll pay. If I recall correctly, I inderstood a judge has said this was fraudulent. Since they even have a 'PCN Department' It should be easy to cause them much embarassment.

Yes but this is about a different company, although yes i bet it applies to all. However, they know i was parked there and know that it was me driving because i replied to the appeal... so with them knowing it was me driving the car, becuase i have admitted it, are they now able to screw me?

You are giving them far too much credit, they don't have that much sense. BTW you have left the invoice number on display.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks