UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I got one of these from UKPC for allegedly parking in contravention of their regulations in Faraday retail park in SEPTEMBER 2007.

After corresponding with them and then Hunter Forrest, their henchmen, over a couple of months I eventually got the financial services ombudsman involved and all correspondence stopped.

So I was also surprised to receive a formal notice letter from CCS Enforcement Services Ltd. yesterday requesting payment by close of business on 11.02.10.

Mine however is only for £105.24!! anybody want a bargain ha ha.

Anyway I know that these companies sell each other "bad debt" for a nominal sum so I can only guess that CCS have bought the "bad debtors" from Hunter Forrest and are having a go.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they didn't buy a 'bad debt' - there is no debt. They bought a victims list.

True about the bad debt bit, but looks like the "victims" list isn't accurate coz it doesn't look like triumffan intends being a victim. :D

The usual deal is the price for the list gets less as some settle and others ignore. I gather it can start at 75p/name, and fall to be 10p/name based on the date claimed to be outstanding. The fact these 'vritual' debts can be traded in this way just shows you there is nothing people are prepared to sell/buy in order to make a living.

Hi guys,

I got one of these from UKPC for allegedly parking in contravention of their regulations in Faraday retail park in SEPTEMBER 2007.

After corresponding with them and then Hunter Forrest, their henchmen, over a couple of months I eventually got the financial services ombudsman involved and all correspondence stopped.

So I was also surprised to receive a formal notice letter from CCS Enforcement Services Ltd. yesterday requesting payment by close of business on 11.02.10.

Anyway I know that these companies sell each other "bad debt" for a nominal sum so I can only guess that CCS have bought the "bad debtors" from Hunter Forrest and are having a go.

having been directed to this site from another, i have read a lot of posts and have to say that you beat mine by 2 months

they are chasing me for "stopping" in a car park in november 2007 and i got, word for word, the same letter through the post yesterday

the ammount though is £153.50

i'm somewhat annoyed about it but, after reading a lot of the other posts on the subject, it seems that doing nothign is the best option

other than write them a letter telling them i've recieved their letter and going to do sod all about it?

or just wait for them to show up? if they do?

the basics of mine where that you have to drive across one car park in order to get to the other one, but seeing as there is only space for one car to get in and out at either end, you have to manouver about a bit in the park, which is against their rules as apprently "you must procced through the car park without stopping and that upon entering the car park you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions"

when the police/council/legal peeps looked at it they said that there were lots of thigns wrong with it:

parking is not the same as stopping

you cannot comply with the rules if you have to stop to avoid an accident with anotehr vehicle

you can't have read the rules if it's the first instance of provcceding thorugh the car park

etc

so ignoring them and telling them to jog on is the way to go yes?

ok then, i shall ignore them until another letter makes an appearance :)

but what i don't understand is who employs these charlatans in the first place

if i was genuinly illegally parked i would have payed the fine, but the system is designed to maximise the number of peole they "catch" breaking their decidedly currpt rules

surely the government can, inbetween financing themselves by way of expensies and ignoring the common joe out on the street, find some one to create new legislation to either bring these companies to book or close them down altogether

the fact that you can pay a fee to get the dvla to fess up who owns the car is nothing short of scandalous :eek:

ok then, i shall ignore them until another letter makes an appearance :)

I would suggest that you ignore that too.

if i was genuinly illegally parked i would have payed the fine,

You cannot be illegally parked on a private car park, and there is NO fine just a begging letter.

surely the government can, inbetween financing themselves by way of expensies and ignoring the common joe out on the street, find some one to create new legislation to either bring these companies to book or close them down altogether

The last thing you want is government iterference, look at the mess they make of anything they get involved with.

the fact that you can pay a fee to get the dvla to fess up who owns the car is nothing short of scandalous :eek:

The don't have the owner information only the registered keepers details which could be someone completely different.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi guys,

damn...that beat mine by a good few months!

i wonder if bankbustermum got another?

Hi guys,

GOOD NEWS....I have just received a letter from CCS this morning telling me to ignore their previous correspondence as the debt referred to has been cancelled and returned to UKPC. They also go on to apologise for any distress that may have been caused.

Thank goodness I hadn't yet sent that cheque that I wrote yesterday.... Aye right!!

I'm sure you can all expect similar.

Hi guys,

GOOD NEWS....I have just received a letter from CCS this morning telling me to ignore their previous correspondence as the debt referred to has been cancelled and returned to UKPC. They also go on to apologise for any distress that may have been caused.

Thank goodness I hadn't yet sent that cheque that I wrote yesterday.... Aye right!!

I'm sure you can all expect similar.

yes same letter today...

hope they sent loads out...

thatll be 80p for the 2 letters itll have cost them.

these firms are a joke,

UKPC is a total joke.

I don't know how anyone can ignore them AND tell them to jog on. Just ignore them. This dredging of old tickets is a sure sign that takings are down, I am almost crying for them :)

I wouldn't think they are on the bones at all though. Just 1,000 tickets nationwide being paid brings in something like £80,000 per day which over a 7 day week will bring in £29,200,000 per year. They are on a good racket and they know it even if there are some who don't pay, that will definately be in the minority and these companies in the money.

I have just received a letter from CCS this morning telling me to ignore their previous correspondence as the debt referred to has been cancelled and returned to UKPC. .

Debt, what debt?

They live in another planet.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi...i've also received a parking ticket from UKPC whilst visiting tesco. I have appealed, unsuccessfully (no surprise there)...but in appealing I fear I may have implicated myself as the driver rather than just the registered vehicle keeper. Is there any advice anyone 'in the know' can give on this...can I still maintain that I wont pay and that the 'contract is with the driver and not the registered keeper' as indicated in earlier postings?

I absolutley dont want to pay these [problematic] but dont want to jeopardise my credit rating.....help !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks