UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

another victim here.

Offence: Vehicel owner left site.

The vehicle owner was my fiancee, I was the driver. I was in PC World for about an hour and a half as I opened up a business account in PC World at around 11am and the parking ticket was issued at 10:26am.

Should I just ignore the notice? Or write back telling where I was (it should be on PC World's records that when I opened the business account) and that the person the ticket was issued to was not the driver?

Thanks

- Nick

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

another victim here.

Offence: Vehicel owner left site.

The vehicle owner was my fiancee, I was the driver. I was in PC World for about an hour and a half as I opened up a business account in PC World at around 11am and the parking ticket was issued at 10:26am.

Should I just ignore the notice? Or write back telling where I was (it should be on PC World's records that when I opened the business account) and that the person the ticket was issued to was not the driver?

Thanks

- Nick

Hi Nick,

Don't waste your time engaging these clowns, they are not a lawful authority they are just [problematic].

Let them waste THEIR time and money whilst you sit back and laugh at them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

My son borrowed my car last night and parked on what he described as an "unraised pavement" at the Merry Hill Centre having driven around for half an hour trying to find a space. UKPC left a Notification of Unauthorised Parking on the windscreen saying the vehicle was causing obstruction. He said that he wasn't obstructing anyone. I don't know what their "charge" will be but is the advice still to ignore them as he was parked where he shouldn't have been?

Only if he had previously read and agreed to the property's terms of parking would mean he wasn't where he 'should' have been.

UKPC only get paid by charging motorists who don't park in the designater areas - so their pursuit is driven by their need to justify their existence.

Ignore.

You'll be getting letters from them when the DVLA provide your details, but don;t be tempted to enter into any correspondence.

NOTHING to be scared of, I assure you. Your son was only issued with an Invoice, which he can pay or ignore as required. They usually give up after a series of letters that come from (a) themselves, (b) a debt collector © as soilicitor acting for the parking firm - in essense, they're all from the same outfit. You are NOT REQUIRED to tell them who the driver was.

Even better, as you were not the driver - you've no responsibility for it anyway and can safely ignore their correspondence. The debt is not yours, has still to be proven anyway, and when you don't pay up - they offer you a discount to 'settle' at a reduced rate. Their final desperate effort to get something out of you.

Don't be tempted. ANY contact from you just restarts the begging letters! :)

Edited by buzby

Don't forget as buzby says, that it is you who is the RK of the vehicle and therefore is the only one that UKPC can get the details from DVLA for. As you did not drive the car or park it in the location on the invoice then they have no grounds for pursuing you and clearly can't win a court claim on that basis. :)

Have faith Kep! the letters do sound scary with mention of courts and balliffs etc but a private ompany, whether it be and engineering company and printing company or a PARKING company cannot FINE an individual only issue a bill or invoice. Just like if I sent you a BILL for £100 because I dont like the colour of your shoes! It is as worthless as that.

I am on letter 3 & 3 to go or more if they are keen but now I fine them hilarious instead of intimidating!

The best plan of action you can do in your defence is tell people about this site!!!!!

Hi, i've been a victim of UKPC parking [problem]. However, my problem is such that I drive a Ford Transit Medium Wheel Base Van - Which is too long and too wide for spaces. They slapped a ticket on my screen because I was slightly over the white line.

Tesco's get a life and when will you appreciate that not all your customers drive match boxes !!!!

I followed all the advice on this forum website about parking tickets, did all the unnecessary letter writing etc etc etc and low and behold after saying they are going to take me to court, i've heard nothing for 2 months!!!

The ticket fluctuated from £40 to £80 then to £60 oh and then a whopping £375 plus court costs! Follow the advice and they'll soon get fed up and stop hassling..... They can't legally do anything. Best to complain also the the Store Manager and tell him you'll tell every member of family, your friends, colleauges not to shop at his store - My advice, it works so well! Be polite, don't raise voice too loud but be in a public place - enterance doors is a great place, then start complaining to the manager! If he/she is anything like my one (young, inexperienced and get flustered and can't argue their way out of a paper bag you may be lucky and the store manager will get he ticket quashed!

I never take bad service lying down nor do I back down when I know I'm right. How could tesco aruge that I was breaking the rules when their parking spaces are too small for my vehicle and any intelligent person on this planet could see it, apart from the parking attendant!!!!

Good luck to you all who are making a stand against [problematic] like UKPC!

Hi all

Ive just drafted a letter to these gits, but am unsure of the address to send it to.

Do I send it to the payments address, or is there another one that will be better.

I know people say ignore the threats, but I just want to send a letter.

Don't send a letter to them. If you do it will probably mean even more stupid letters from them than if you had just ignored them

Do NOT send a letter. It is a false economy.

You are probably a decent person and simply want to 'set the record straight'. This is no doubt brought on to be respectful to authority and/or to ensure you issues are addressed.

WRONG - On both counts.

These firms work for free - they use the DVLA to provide addresses of mugs like you to intimidate,and if you do not respond after a few letters, they move on to easier prey. If you DO respond, it provides the following;

1) Confirmation the address is valid and someone has read it.

2) They will reject your representation and continue the [problem] with legalese to intimidate you to settling at a discoun'.

3) Provide them with the will to continue the correspondence to weaken your resolve and make you pay up, just for a quiet life.

If you want to send a letter, sent it to your MP - that these firms can get your details for a few quid, for a misdemeanour of their own making, and act as judge and jury.

DON'T be a victim.

Thanks for your replies.

As long as I wont get a CCJ against me, then I can ignore the letters with ease, possibley even humour.

I will dig in !

Of course you won't get a CCJ. For that to happen it has to go to court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely), and you then refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. None of this chain of events can happen without being informed at all stages of the proceedings. That is the law.

But none of this will happen, so relax and enjoy your Christmas.

• Haha 1

I wanted to send a letter tellig them where to stick it but the best advice seems to be ignore as it annoys them more!!!!!!!!

i KNOW HOW YOU FEEL THOUGH so i HAVE PRINTED OUT A FEW SHEETS TO HAND TO CUSTOMERS(sorry about caps lock)! I am a cab driver so can hand out lots to people pointing to this forum and offering advice on the matter. Got a few that were amazed about it today! enlightened them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks