UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit worried having seen the last posting re bailiff/debt collector. I have just received my third letter - this if fom Debt Recovery Plus asking for £128.75 - no explanation as to how this is made up, the last one being for £70. This one asks if I was not the driver for me to let them know who was and says that it is essential I settle this account without delay or contact their offices. If I fail to make a full payment or to make contact with them, it will be passed to their litigation team and legal recovery action may commence. A typical case will be referred to the County Courts for an application for a County Court Judgement. If we are successful with our application, enforcement options will include:

An attachment of earnings order.

County Court Bailiffs being instructed.

Your items being sold at public auction to pay the judgement.

It also says you can view a selection of CCJs we have successfully obtained against people who have ignored our correspondence on our website: www.drpl.co.uk.

Is the advice still to ignore?

It also says you can view a selection of CCJs we have successfully obtained against people who have ignored our correspondence on our website: www.drpl.co.uk.

The CCJ's listed could be for all manner of debts, council tax/ rent arrears or commercial debts. Pound to a penny, not one is for a PPC ticket.

You mean where they say;

"CCJ's Issued

Contrary to what you may have read on various web forums Debt Recovery Plus Ltd DOES apply for CCJ’s against individuals and companies who resist payment. Please don’t believe everything you read on the forums. See the below list for some of the CCJ’s we have successfully applied for in recent months."

Absolute tosh! And all part of the scare! They HAVE to take someone to court, they then HAVE to win the case. Only, and I repeat this for the avoidance of doubt, ONLY after the defender refuses to pay the amount sued for (usually after 28 days), only then can they file for a 'Judgement' (a CCJ). So, whilst it say they get CCJ's for those who resist payment, it would be more accurate to say that they apply for CCJ's for those cases that (a) come to court, and (b) they happen to win.

For those cases listed - there is no indication as to whether the actions were ever defended (id not, they win anyway) or if they ever got paid - two very important points!

Hi there all.

Just a quick line to say thanks for such a sterling forum thread. I'm afraid that I've only been able to read the first 7 pages or so (there's so much!) but what I have read has helped me no end.

As you'd expect, like everyone else here UKPC have hit me with an unreasonable 'parking charge notice'. This one's for parking for too long in the car park at a McDonald's on the outskirts of Hull, East Yorkshire.

Apparently, the two of us took too long eating our lunch that day (shouldn't have stayed for those chocolate muffins) which meant that UKPC want £100 for the privilidge! We both arrived in different cars and arrived and left at exactly the same time. I have received my demand, my friend is yet to receive his.

Anyway, to my point: With everyone's great input here I've got a polite, stern and factually correct letter written up to send back to UKPC regarding the extortionate parking demand. Let's hope they don't turn nasty like they have to some of you lot. Kudos to Notpayinapenny, natmax and bankbustermum for the majority of my input!

If people want a copy of the letter, PM me and I'll send a copy to you. I don't want to put it up here in the public forum in case those thugs at UKPC end up reading it here.

Thanks again for everyone's help, good luck to all those who are still in battle!

FrenchieDuNord

never, never bother to reply to them, dont waste a stamp

and it costs them every time they write their phoney letters , from the office cleaner, the tea boy and the filling clerk claiming titles such as pre-action dept , their solicitors, the person who is coming to kill your dog and steal your kids , they live in a fantasy land called "Planet Perky"

and if you want a laugh just search for Perky on the forum

asa for the thugs, please dont assume they can actually read, most failed their job application for McDee's on the first question 1) your name

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

If people want a copy of the letter, PM me and I'll send a copy to you. I don't want to put it up here in the public forum in case those thugs at UKPC end up reading it here.

Agree with Kip, don't bother with any letter, it will be ignored. So return the favour and ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Here's the latest progress on mine...

Debt Recovery Plus have now mailed trying to collect and the price has gone up from £90 to over £140. Still ignoring them. Am curious to see how long it goes on for. It sounds, from the other posts, it'll take another month or so for the next two letters to come and then they'll give up.

Kinda tempted to start a sweepstake on when the final letter will come!

Thanks to all of you for the advice and for the forums in general...

I heard on the 'Today' programme this morning that the Disability Alliance group are taking UKPC etc to task for limiting parking times for disabled motorists then charging them when if they exceed the times. They also put the blame firmly on the supermarkets and other companies for using these [problematic] in the first place. :)

Here's the info from the BBC news site:

UK's big supermarkets are breaking disability laws by having strict time limits in about two-thirds of their car parks, charities have told the BBC.

Private firms run some of the parking areas for Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons and customers face penalty charges for overstaying.

But under the Disability Discrimination Act, businesses need to make extra allowances for disabled people. The supermarkets say they will review their policies on disabled parking. Supermarkets are increasingly using private parking firms and automatic number plate recognition systems to limit customer parking, often to two hours. The restrictions are to discourage drivers from abusing the free parking spaces. A survey for BBC Breakfast - which contacted 200 different large supermarkets from the four main chains, and spoke to 124 - suggests about two-thirds of the car parks that impose time limits do not give disabled people any extra time to shop, which is a breach of the law.

Neil Coyle, from the charity Disability Alliance, said: "Supermarkets need to acknowledge there is a problem, and secondly, very quickly they need to ensure their car parking procedures conform with the law. "You or I can stamp our feet and say how outrageous it is but at the end of the day there is a law that protects disabled people from this happening." He said the supermarkets needed to end the "unfair charges" or "they can wait until someone takes a legal case and potentially face a considerable compensation case".

Motorist campaigner Neil Herron said supermarkets should get rid of the "draconian" and "legally questionable" private enforcement process and handle car parking in house. "If someone is abusing the system, clamp them, charge them a £2.50 clamp release fee, handled by their own staff. Britain's motorists are being stealth taxed by another dubious practice," he said.

Edited by Stargazing

Ultimately the supermarket is to blame. I can't see the parking companies decided on the 2 hour rule.

The way around it would be a mass shop with maybe 2 trollies full of stuff, lots of it frozen, and when you get to the checkout, say sorry, haven't got time to unload and pay for this, I have to remove my car from the carpark and leave them with it.

50/60 trollies a day for a few weeks would have them changing their minds about the silly parking control or at least give a generous time.

Hi there.

I received a ticket from UKCPS this afternoon. We were parked on double yellow lines for about 20 minutes with our blue badge on display. My disabled mother is the driver, and is fairly confident that she's allowed to park there as long as the badge is on display. I don't drive, I know nothing of the laws in place. We both find ourselves in unfamiliar territory.

I thought the best bet would be to do a bit of digging online and I found myself here. My original plan was to write a letter to the company, arguing our case but now I'm not so sure. I've read a couple of letters that people in similar situations have sent.

I'm upto page 10 of this thread, and plan on reading a lot more to see how certain cases ended up.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

If your 'ticket' was from UKCPS. then we have to assume you were on private property, and any 'waiver' for a blue badge is invalid. But so also is any legal requirement for you to pay it , unless you expressly agreed to the terms and conditions imposed on you when you entered the car park.*

In a few weeks time you;ll receive the first of several misleading letters urging you to pay before you are given a CCJ for non payment. Ignore these too, as they are similarly misleading, and designed to bully you into paying.

Ignore everything, except a Court-issued notice requiring your attendance. You can THEN show your badge and explain the circumstances if required. Until then, just get on with your daily life, and don't give these cretin's a moments notice.

*Assuming you read, understood, and agreed to abide by them. It is not enough for them to assume implied consent because you drove in.

Edited by buzby

is UKCPS another private [EDIT] then?

Of course they are. This is their website

When I first Googled the name I came up with the "UK Coloured Pencil Society". Perhaps the people who run the parking company are only allowed to use coloured pencils. They might stab themselves with a sharp pen.

Appeal

UKCPS Ltd have an established appeal system which we believe protects our clients and your interests.

The process is as follow:- Appeals should be in writing and sent to:

UKCPS Ltd

PO BOX 1355

Huddersfield

HD1 9ZN

Please enclose your name and address so the appeals department can reply to your letter. Enclosing payment and your parking charge notice will ensure that excess charges will not be added during the appeals procedure. If your appeal is successful a full refund will be given.

Pay us and refund!!!!!!!!!! I bet they dont!!!! what ****

Please enclose your name and address so the appeals department can reply to your letter. Enclosing payment and your parking charge notice will ensure that excess charges will not be added during the appeals procedure. If your appeal is successful a full refund will be given.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks