UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fredjeff has a cast iron defence if they ever tried court, especially when he turns up with his DVLA confirmation letter to show the judge. :D

Exactly, would be worth it just to wipe the smug look off of UKPC's faces :D Not that I'm expecting it to go that far after people's comments in here.

Many thanks for all the replies everybody, in the bin the letters will go :cool:

PS - I have given people reputation for the help.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

just recieved a parking ticket from UKPC I was in the car all time ( about 15min) waiting for an elderly parent and surprise I got this tiket for £45 if paid within 28 days....

After reading all of that I have two questions please:

1-Howcome our private details are passed just like this by the DVLA????

2-The action is to ignore like every body or send them reccorded a letter and ignore?

Many thanks and like the french say...BRAVO for this site.

1) Because ANYONE who has 'reasonable cause' to wish the RK details can pay the fee and obtain them. This has always been the case, and even you can do it if you wish.

2) Absolutely, unless it is a Council-run car park as they have greater powers. If a PPC (private parking company) then it is only an Invoice, pay it if you wish, ignore it if you do not.

The fact the DVLA will sell on the details on request allowed a number of firms to set up in business solely to exploit this information. If the DVLA stopped supplying the data, the business model would fail and they'd cease trading and disappear!

Hi All,

I just thought I would update my dealings with the UKPC people, many months ago I received the usual 'penalty notice' from UKPC....I am the RK but was not the driver, however I noticed that the invoice they sent me had a picture of my vehicle parked in a parking bay but they stated on this invoice that the alleged contravention was that the 'owner had left site' so I thought that’s a bit strange how can you prove that anyone left the site with from this photograph, whether the driver left the site or not was immaterial I thought, the photograph on the invoice was no proof of that fact.

Just to be sure I googled UKPC and came up on this site which I must say reassured me that I was in the right….however before I looked on this site I had already sent an appeal letter which as predicted was rejected. However on this rejection letter they stated that I needed to provide some sort of receipt to prove that the owner had used the facilities onsite and this was good because I used this against them later, as I will explain.

I then quickly sent of a letter to UKPC asking them to provide me with any necessary evidence to support their claim that ‘the owner had left site’ as the photo they had provided was not enough evidence to support such a claim…I gave them 10 days to provide this and I stated I would ignore all other correspondence asking for payment until I had seen the necessary evidence and then I would consider taking the matter up with the driver of the vehicle and act as a go between. I got another letter from UKPC stating they were referring it to a debt recovery company.

I then ignored them until I got a few letters (approx 3 or 4) from the debt recovery agency. Informing me of all the usual nonsense, that I will get CCJs, my credit rating would be affected, bailiffs would be sent in etc etc…but all the time ramping up the charges until it reached approx £250 but they stated that I could make it all go away if I paid £100 now….as I was failing to deal with it in a responsible manner and I was ignoring them…and the courts they stated would take a dim view of this.

I then noticed a posting on this site from someone in a similar situation to mine that had taken a slightly different tack, he had actually taken on the debt recovery company and had sent letters saying that he done nothing wrong and had accused them of heavy handed tactics, he had also sent copies of his letters to his MP, the Police, the BPA, Trading Standards, the local paper, and also to the directors of all the companies who rely on the parking spaces in question for their customers.

Using this tactic he had actually got the invoice quashed and a letter from UKPC stating that fact. I thought that I would take a similar tack as I thought I would meet this head on and try to use a bit of common sense and maybe and ounce or two of intelligence.

I then sent a letter to the debt recovery company stating that the matter should be referred back to UKPC as it is in dispute and on the contrary I had not been avoiding the issue, I had in fact been in contact with their client to try to resolve the matter by asking them to provide the necessary evidence to support their claim as a picture of a vehicle properly parked in a parking bay was not enough evidence to support such a claim…that the ‘owner had left the site’…and further more I stated that I believed it was them and their client who were trying to avoid bring this matter to an early conclusion by ramping up the charges with every threatening letter they have sent me while all I was asking for was a simple provision of the necessary evidence to support their client’s claim….if such evidence in fact even existed….I also stated that I had in fact given their client 10 days in which to provide such evidence and to date that 10 days had passed and no evidence had been forthcoming from their client.

I then stated that if the evidence exists them please send it to me for my consideration and I am sure this matter will be brought to a swift conclusion, on the other hand I stated that if it does not exist then please stop writing to me with your threatening letters as I consider them nothing short of harassment.

I then phoned them to ask if they got this letter which they stated they had not, so I asked them for their email address and then I sent a copy of this letter to them by email but also copied it to all the people that the other poster had, my MP, the local paper, the BPA, the Police, Trading Standards, and also copied it to all the MDs of all the companies that rely on the parking spaces to provide customers to these companies..

Here is a copy of the covering email I sent with the emailed letter…

As requested I am re-sending by email, the letter I sent to you dated ….. please find it attached in word format, as I was informed by the person I spoke to on the phone yesterday that you have not received any correspondence from me.

I also stated that this matter is in dispute with your client UK Parking Control, as I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the 'alleged contravention' and I have therefore committed no 'offence'. I have also stated in my previous correspondence with your client that the driver was visiting the onsite establishments and as such has not breached any of your client's the onsite parking rules.

In order to validate my claim that the driver was using the onsite facilities, your client has implied that a purchase is necessary and therefore a receipt for said purchase would exist, while I agree if an onsite purchase was made a receipt would be in existence however, I wasn't aware this was a necessary criteria to fulfil in order to avoid a parking violation. It seems that your client is implying that those who visit or view the onsite establishments for example to pick up a menu at Pizza Hut, check out the future programmes at the cinema or enquire about fitness or future membership at the health club etc, who may not be able to provide such evidence have breached your client's onsite parking regulations and in accordance with those rules and regulations has committed a parking contravention by default.

I believe the onus is on your client to provide the necessary evidence to support their claim that an alleged contravention has take place, as a picture of a vehicle properly parked in a parking bay is not enough evidence to support such a claim that The Owner Left Site. I would hope the various onsite vendors are aware of the potential loss of future custom as a direct result of your client, UK Parking Control's 'aggressive' ticketing policies and I am sure that in this present climate, where any custom is more difficult to come by, those 'aggressive' ticketing policies are not helping matters.

As stated above, your client's original notice shows a vehicle properly parked in a parking bay, and as this site is free parking to users of the onsite facilities, the picture provided is not enough evidence to warrant a breach of contravention of the onsite parking rules. I therefore ask you to pass on my repeated request to your client, to send me the necessary evidence supporting their claim, that 'The Owner Left Site', in order for this matter to be brought to a swift and satisfactory conclusion. While I believe this is not an unreasonable request, I believe that your continuation of ramping up the charges with every threatening letter you send me is not only unreasonable but is nothing short of harassment.

After I sent this email I quite quickly got a reply to say that they would discuss this with their client and get back to me within 7 days. Four months later, I still had not heard from them and so I sent another email asking for a decision on the parking situation…they sent me a reply to say that they had not heard back from their client on the matter, I then sent a reply saying that I would give them 10 days to reply and then I would consider the matter closed….I got a read receipt from them that they read my latest email and not heard from them since…which was over a month ago now…

Sorry - didnt know how to start a new thread! New to this!

There was no part of my car on the oavement itself - the boarded up access area is about 20ft wide

It's the START NEW THREAD button on the forum index page.

The access area you mention is still part of the access road. The fact it is boarded up is immaterial to the regulations.

I've dealt with UKPC earlier this year. I sent a total of 3 emails, once to outline my rather aggressive position, once to escalate my threats in respond to their rejection of my (non-existant) appeal, and finally to say that the deadline for responding to my requests had passed, and that they should write to confirm their intentions otherwise it would be considered passive harassment.

Unfortunately I never got my written confirmation letter, and I've not heard anything since, so technically I should now follow up on my threats and threaten legal action, bailiffs, and and so on, until they provide me with written confirmation, but for now I'm happy to forget about it. :)

Well I have an interesting dilemma... I won't bore you with the back story but I've been following up a 'PCN' (wtf... as an Infrastructure Engineer I seriously question whether that is fraud in itself) issued for parking without a ticket. However UKPC won't accept payment!

Basically I have taken the morale high ground and actually got UKPC to provide their photographic evidence... and now they've done that I am actually ok about paying. However the great irony is they don't want to accept payment at the rate that they have specified on their website. To reference their letter dated 18th November:

"You will be aware from the Parking Charge Notice that we offer a discount for parking charges paid within 14 days. As you lodged an appeal, we are prepared to extend this period for a further 14 days from the date of this letter."

Which I am sure you would agree means that I owe them £45... but no... they want £90 now and their debt agency has decided to chase me for £147 at the same time lol!

Ah well, hope you find that amusing... I've simply replied to them quoting the letter and telling them that I will be happy to pay £45 which I am.

They are idiots it has to be said!

stuff

you're opening yourself up to be shot at by CAGers with that post - the advice on here is to ignore it, ignore it, ignore it, and eventually they go away, because it IS illegal, for various reasons.

the alternative, if you're up for a laugh, is to go on the attack and tell them you'll defend it in court and be quite forceful in your requirements so that you can mount a legal challenge - assuming you've not already admitted you're the driver. They usually stop bothering after that as they know they can't pursue it any further without breaking even more laws.

Thanks for the quick and candid response!

I realise that, but I'm just one of those people who genuinely doesn't like receiving threat-mail and as I share a house with family I don't really want them getting jittery about such letters. To me the bother is worth more than £45 sadly, but not so much as £90.

And no I wasn't the driver anyway which is why I appealed. Yeah I realise that there is no contract with me, but same goes as above.

Hmmm, well now I have a solid ground to work off I'll see what they do next.

I realise that, but I'm just one of those people who genuinely doesn't like receiving threat-mail and as I share a house with family I don't really want them getting jittery about such letters. To me the bother is worth more than £45 sadly, but not so much as £90.

And no I wasn't the driver anyway which is why I appealed. Yeah I realise that there is no contract with me, but same goes as above.

Is there not a charity more worthy of your money.

Or if you cave in so easy to threatening letters, please PM me your address I will send you one a week, some even in scary red ink.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I live with a family who don't like threatening letters either, which is why I nipped it in the bud quickly by sending them (legally) threatening letters back :)

It would be far better if you explained how these PPC's operated to your family members and friends so, should they receive such threatning letters they won't be jittery, know where they stand legally and can safely ignore them.

:confused: :confused:

Tell you what - let them know I was driving, that will stop the letters to you and send me the £45 you have burning a hole in your wallet.

I'll have a few beers with my mates on you - thanks very much ;)

Blagton.

Take a look at this. I posted it yesterday. I'd be interested to know if it is helpful.

Hi there,

I'm a first time poster but I'm finding all these notes very helpful.

Today i was issued with a Notice of Unauthorised Parking (because I left the site) this is Catford retail park (Lidl, JD Sports etc) I was sooooo angry! Anyway, I realise the officer issued this ticket ten minutes after I left the car and I made sure to come back within the 2 hr time limit. I want to know if it was likely that this officer would have taken a picture of me leaving the park (buggy and toddler in tow) and therefore able to prove that I left the park? I saw him posting on other cars but it didn't occur to me that I must ONLY shop inside the retail park. How did he know that I wasn't going to do shopping in the retail park-which I subsequently did. (I have kept proof of purchase in Lidl). There is no bank in the retail park and these people act like you have no right to leave the park and shop elsewhere. Or are you supposed to leave your shopping bags on display to prove you are indeed a customer of that retail park (albeit as well as surrounding stores external of the park).

I would appreciate any assitance anyone can offer as I am expecting this ticket anytime soon.

I should further mention that the vehicle I was driving is owned by my husband, no doubt the ticket will come in his name and I don't want it dragged through the mud. :mad:

Many thanks in advance.

And your good name is NOT affected either. Expect some gegging letters and then they'll move on to some other mug. Pictures only prove the car was at the car park, NOT that you left the site (not that it's relevant at all).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks