Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SUPPORT.GOOGLE.COM

Vaccine Misinformation Policy: YouTube Community Guidelines YouTube doesn’t allow content that poses a serious risk of egregious...

Doesn't this site have a vaccine disinformation policy?

We know twitter dropped its own after musk took over - and is now on the brink of collapse

From youtubes'

What this policy means for you

If you're posting content

Don’t post content on YouTube if it includes harmful misinformation about currently approved and administered vaccines on any of the following:

• Vaccine safety: content alleging that vaccines cause chronic side effects, outside of rare side effects that are recognized by health authorities

• Efficacy of vaccines: content claiming that vaccines do not reduce transmission or contraction of disease 

• Ingredients in vaccines: content misrepresenting the substances contained in vaccines

This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Keep in mind that this isn't a complete list. Please note these policies also apply to external links in your content. This can include clickable URLs, verbally directing users to other sites in video, as well as other forms. 

Examples

Here are some examples of content that’s not allowed on YouTube:

• Claims that vaccines cause chronic side effects such as:
    • Cancer
    • Diabetes
    • Other chronic side effects
  • Claims that vaccines do not reduce risk of contracting illness
  • Claims that vaccines contain substances that are not on the vaccine ingredient list, such as biological matter from fetuses (e.g. fetal tissue, fetal cell lines) or animal byproducts
  • Claims that vaccines contain substances or devices meant to track or identify those who’ve received them
  • Claims that vaccines alter a person’s genetic makeup
  • Claims that the MMR vaccine causes autism
  • Claims that vaccines are part of a depopulation agenda
  • Claims that the flu vaccine causes chronic side effects such as infertility
  • Claims that the HPV vaccine causes chronic side effects such as paralysi

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

So, taking coronavirus out of the picture,

With no slight intended to any conscientious sufferer of anything:

Does anyone think uni students with syphilis or Ebola should be allowed to freely mingle in close physical proximity with unknowing other students, or travel 'hands free' on planes with other unknowing passengers, or handle (and put back) foodstuffs in supermarkets while even possibly, let alone probably infectious?

... all aside from doing so while refusing treatment and even refusing some simple and straightforward defined personal responsibility and requirements (eg masks while in close proximity) which would protect the other students/people.

ANYONE?

and on from that, does anyone even think it reasonable for someone to sneeze into a bare hand or over the food while shopping and handling foodstuffs in a supermarket?

Edited by tobyjugg2

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

Happy New Year one and all! I'd just signed in to ask a question - however as a long-time lurker I really must say @tobyjugg2is there REALLY any need to be quite so abrasive and supercilious in your posts - you seem very angry and rude? 

Everyone else on this thread seems to enjoy debating and discussing, whereas all your replies are goading and high-handed. I've no "dog in the fight" - I'm sure IRL you are a charming fellow, however here you just seem spoiling for a fight far above your paygrade?

PS/ for the record "sic" doesn't mean what you think it does! ;)

Yes with people who post repeatedly post lies which i consider far more abrasive than a little bluntness.

So whats your answer to the simple question?

I've actually got Covid myself at the moment! Had it for about 8 days now. I've had the booster too (as I work in a healthcare setting). 
I know the plural of anecdote is not data - however for me, and all my compadrés who also have it and have had boosters (Moderna mostly) it is nothing more than an inconvenience - heavy cold vibes.

I have two friends who declined the vax (not rabid anti-vaxxers, just didn't trust the government - on the same line as that old quote from Reagan - "there's two things you never want to hear when you get a knock on your front door - 'I'm from the government; I'm here to help!' " Ha!

I respect their choices, however they are a sick as dogs right now, unable to walk from one room to t'other without breathlessness, etc.

Ideally we should live in a communal society where we look after each other, or at least not do things which deliberately harm others. But we don't. The level of selfishness where I live is unbelievable, but that's what you get when you force 100's of different cultures together in a small space with no common ground. Every "man" for himself! 

I wear a mask in enclosed public spaces now I know I'm infectious, as a simple human courtesy. However, I also think it's endemic now, so once I test negative I'll get on with it and cease.

(There ye go - hopefully a civilized answer with no need for ad hominems?) 

• Like 3

I agree with your approach as presenting as sensible, informed and considerate

But what about those who repeatedly post disproven vaccine misinformation/lies?

Do we just leave them to shout their lies from the mountaintops, or shouldn't both the message - and the messenger (as the message) be treated with the contempt they deserve ... as they present?

I think spouting lies which harm people as one of the more contemptible actions, and I'm for treating them as they treat others - but with honest contempt

Edited by tobyjugg2

So once again calling for censorship eh Mr Jugg
Of course antisocial media companies have rules in place but as demonstrated by Musk via the Twitter Files these rules are manipulated and morph into censorship 
As previously stated I do not hold any medical qualifications and clearly neither do you 
So who are you to judge whether or not a post is (the censors favourite word)”misinformation “
Do you seriously believe that a leading Cardiologist would risk his reputation if he did not think that there was a problem with mRNA technology ?

meanwhile for anyone interested this interview is pretty informative imo ( the Professor concludes that a nasal spray should replace the mRNA vaccine)

On November 25th there occurred a singularly rare event in the ongoing COVID-19 saga – truth was spoken to power. A distinguished medical doctor and infectious disease expert was given free rein to interrogate a government official, unmediated and without apparent time restraint. The doctor in question was the distinguished oncologist, professor emeritus at Kyoto university and Director and Chairman of the Translational research Information Centre (Tri) Masanori Fukushima. His rigorous and passionate berating of an official from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) on COVID-19 vaccine safety and government transparency made for gripping viewing. A recording swiftly went viral, elevating Doctor Fukushima to a new status as leading critic of the COVID-19 vaccines in Japan.”

https://dailysceptic.org/2023/01/01/unprecedented-vaccine-disaster-an-interview-with-professor-masanori-fukushima/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

53 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

So once again calling for censorship eh Mr Jugg

Its a difficult question

Which is worse

Allowing liars to spread proven lies (or misleading dishonesty at best), or censorship

perhaps consider

Is preventing the repeated spread of demonstrably proven lies 'censorship'?

An occasional mistake, which is acknowledged (eg as i did with my incorrect initial opinion that it wasn't Russian agents that enacted the poisonings) is an incorrect opinion, which then should be acknowledged as incorrect - which I did.

Constantly posting demonstrable lies ... isnt - its spreading misinformation Lies

Now some might think that spreading lies is fine, I dont and I'd happily debate that.

I think that the persistent spreading of lies by liars undermines everything, especially any pretense of some moires. If an interaction is at its basis dishonest or deceptive, then that dishonest person is owed nothing but challenge.

So, as you have claimed to be not anti-vax, just anti mRNA vax

Care to confirm you have had the Oxford vaccine which is NOT an mRNA vaccine?

or were you just being dishonest?

I understand liars like to say as little as possible honest, or properly engage in a debate as it gets them caught out

- but you're way past that IMCCO

* linked an article that actually said 'get vaccinated' rather than what the misused headline claimed

* tried to claim everyone who dies after a vaccination died because of the vaccination - even if it was after a car crash (literal example from a yellow card entry)

* Tried to claim more people died from vaccination than have been saved by it - which is beyond ridiculousness by anyone who even glances at real world data - Actual causal deaths 5 in England,  9 in the whole of the USA, and zero in Germany (where mRNA vaccines were mostly used)with millions saved.

* tries to claim only anti mRNA - oops

* Now spreads frankly david Icke level utter nonesense from Bridgen

- and  the litany of anti-vax nonsense and outright lies just goes on and on

The spreading of such dishonesty is also feeding the wider anti-vax sentiment causing all sorts of issues for lots of children by masking real issues and feeding fears

- real issues which should be intelligently and openly discussed.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Just for perspective the claims for how many were saved in either scenario vaccinated  or  unvaccinated  are they founded on any concrete facts how do they calculate the XXX saved by figures?, the lesson of Prof Ferguson's busted models is  something to consider also as was founded on guesswork and proved to be so. There has been a rise in mortality post vaccination, but much of it may be due to the NHS being converted to the National Covid Service to the exclusion of many other treatments, and undiagnosed illness developing due to lockdown and lack of access to medical care Covid being the sole consideration at that time

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

3 hours ago, brassnecked said:

Just for perspective the claims for how many were saved in either scenario vaccinated  or  unvaccinated  are they founded on any concrete facts

Yes, You do realise that if a vaccination caused a death, its required to be documented on the death certificate - at least for the last 18 months if not longer.

.. unless you are claiming that entire process across the world , not just across the UK, is conspiring or incompetent

how do they calculate the XXX saved by figures?, the lesson of Prof Ferguson's busted models is  something to consider also as was founded on guesswork and proved to be so.

Read the linked reports instead of 'guessing. Models are NOT guesswork - they are based on quite specific and stated figures. They may not end up right - but do (if properly managed) adjust as more data becomes available

The Drake equation is guesswork - modelling is not.

A bad example from the anti-vaxxers here is claiming that everyone who happened to die within xxx of having a vaccine, dies because of the vaccine

NO they didnt. It WOULD be on many death certificates if that happened - and it ISN'T. and it isnt just erroneous speculation - ask that someone who was run over by a car after vaccination for starters - oh you cant, becuase the impact killed them.

There has been a rise in mortality post vaccination

Because more people are vaccinated, and people continue to die for all sorts of reasons - WHICH ARE STATED on the death certificates

Billions of people have 'died without ever being vaccinated in the history  of our species, many millions from a Coronavirus.

and you can bet you last quid that many more will die from covid infection.

Everyones going to die whether they have a vaccine, or a tin of beans, or whether they dont

VERY very few people have died from a vaccination - and of those tiny few - most from extreme allergic reaction to a component in the vaccine - which allergic reaction can be quickly addressed in the majority of those few events.

but much of it may be due to the NHS being converted to the National Covid Service to the exclusion of many other treatments, and undiagnosed illness developing due to lockdown and lack of access to medical care Covid being the sole consideration at that time

Yes some deaths are undoubtedly attributable to those causes and many of those in the Uk quite possibly attributable to the mismanaged nightingale Hospital farce.

The nightingale concept should have been better thought through - tents are no good without medical staff and equipment - China realised this, why didn't Johnson and cronies?

- and remember, thousands are still dying every week from covid and its after effects (as detailed in the US study on deaths from long covid)

Edited by tobyjugg2

So @brassnecked

in the interests of 'debate, do you dispute any of those things i answered?

(I do have supporting links, but didnt use them as you didn't use any)

Perhaps start by linking the sources of your presented 'opinion

and @theoldrouge

Do you accept that the articles used in your link misrepresent the actual studies used (even the questionable ones) let alone using references which were withdrawn after their original misuse, let alone the garbage 'conclusion' presented?

- i did read them even though you undoubtedly didnt

or is it not reasoned debate, and just anti-vax brown nugget droppings or worse and then hiding?

For reference

https://fullfact.org/search/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=andrew bridgen&gsc.sort=

https://www.ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(22)00192-8/fulltext

Edited by tobyjugg2

From Devi Sridar who wrote a lot about Covid earlier on in the pandemic. The world should be watching and testing.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

With China’s government underplaying its domestic outbreak, it’s vital that other countries remain alert to new variants, says Devi Sridhar of Edinburgh...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Chen Erzhen, vice president at Ruijin Hospital in Shanghai and a member of the city’s Covid expert advisory panel, was quoted as saying that 70 per cent of the megacity may have been infected.

Requiring a negative test (at a cost of a couple of quid a person as long as profiteering is prevented) seems a small cost for anyone boarding a respiratory desease petri dish  errr flight or cruise.

Whats up with the populists - they still driving a cull the herd program and need the new variants and carriers to get back on track?

(now theres a conspiracy for you)

Edited by tobyjugg2

Happy to answer your question Mr Jugg
Yes did my duty to “Save Granny”
and had the first AZ Vaccine in Spring 2021
Was offered only mRNA for second and refused 
Had COVID in June 2022 tested positive for 7days but symptoms lasted only 36 hours 
Now let’s talk about the real fibbers 
Joe Biden “ if you get all the vaccines you won’t get COVID”
He had 5 jabs then caught it twice 
Now the “save Granny” lie
Pfizer admitted that their vaccine had never been tested for transmission 

Seems as if the Wall Street Journal ( that mainstream enough for you?) is starting to catch up

Public-health experts are sounding the alarm about a new Omicron variant dubbed XBB that is rapidly spreading across the Northeast U.S. Some studies suggest it is as differentfrom the original Covid strain from Wuhan as the 2003 SARS virus. Should Americans be worried? 

It isn’t clear that XBB is any more lethal than other variants, but its mutations enable it to evade antibodies from prior infection and vaccines as well as existing monoclonal antibody treatments. Growing evidence also suggests that repeated vaccinations may make people more susceptible to XBB and could be fueling the virus’s rapid evolution.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/are-vaccines-fueling-new-covid-variants-xbb-northeast-antibodies-mutation-strain-immune-imprinting-11672483618

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

So lets now correct some of that

FULLFACT.ORG

Post-trial studies showed the Covid-19 vaccine offered some protection against transmission of early variants.

and also regarding that other link of yours from Bridgen. The main referred part of the Bridgens referred study which was (linked above) in Brigens linked essay (falsely) claiming vaccination caused more harm than good in students and students shouldn't have to be vaccinated

exert from main study referred in that claim actually states:

"Our method identified 6 patients who met the confirmed or probable CDC case definition for acute myocarditis or pericarditis within 21 days of receiving the COVID-19 booster dose among 65,785 eligible members (Table 1). A total of 4 cases occurred in 27,253 men. All 6 patients received a Pfizer vaccine as their booster dose.

A total of 5 of 6 patients reported chest pain within 4 days of vaccination, although 1 patient waited until Day 8 to present for her chest pain.

Patient number 6 developed chest pain, myocarditis, and cardiogenic shock after his booster dose. Though the illness was attributed to the booster dose, his clinicians are concerned that the dose unmasked an underlying autoimmune condition. Additionally, patient number 5 presented with mild myocarditis after a heterologous series of Johnson & Johnson vaccine followed by a booster dose of Pfizer vaccine."

So, from 65,765 younger people

* 5 said they had some chest pain which required no treatment (probable myocarditis)

* 1 had some more severe which it seemed resulted in a hospital/doctor visit (1 confirmed)

* None died,

* none had a severe episode hospital stay,

* just 1 had some extended discomfort for a while.

So in their examination of 65000+ young vaccinated , no one died, and no-one ended up in ICU.

They didn't list a comparative example of 65,785 of that age range who weren't vaccinated, but models, statistics and other studies have told us that in such circumstances, a number would have died, and a larger number hospitalised in ICU - and that doesn't deal with the impact on taking the infections home to their parents and grandparents.

OURWORLDINDATA.ORG

To understand how the pandemic is evolving, it’s crucial to know how death rates from COVID-19 are affected by vaccination status.

WWW.CDC.GOV

Cases, data, and surveillance to track and analyze COVID-19.

Vaccination saves lives

THAT is the reality.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Populist Brexit UK cant even get throat sweets or basic cough and cold medicine on the shelves

- confirmed at our tesco today

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

There is a shortage of ‘the very basic’ supplies, says industry group

On 03/01/2023 at 22:39, tobyjugg2 said:

So lets now correct some of that

But of course we have to fact check the fact checkers ( what a ridiculous occupation)🤣

https://twitter.com/TexasLindsay_/status/1609663499549941763

17 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

WWW.METROWEEKLY.COM

"COVID dick" is real, and not so spectacular for those who'll suffer long-term ill-effects to their sexual health.

While we wait for some per reviewed article from covid dick  @theoldrouge rather than some tweet

(It'll be a loooong wait)

Yet another nations studies by medical professionals, following on from all the many already posted

WWW.ISRAEL21C.ORG

First study of its kind monitored physiological data of nearly 5,000 Israelis for two years, finding no unusual adverse events.

Good sense of humour these Israelis bit like the lady I saw the other day trying without success to pay at Waitrose using her watch
The expression on her face was like looking at an electric car driver who can’t find a working charger at the motorway services 🤣

The smartwatch sensors ‘felt’ that the vaccine was safe”

In proper context

Safety from 3 perspectives

The researchers were therefore able to evaluate the safety of the vaccines from three perspectives: subjectively (what the participant reports), objectively (what the watch detects) and clinically (what the physician diagnoses).

“We saw clear and significant changes after administration of the vaccine, such as an increase in heart rate compared to the pulse rate measured before vaccination,” said study supervisor Prof. Dan Yamin, head of the TAU Laboratory for Epidemic Research.

“And then we saw a return to the participant’s baseline, i.e., the pulse levels after vaccination returned to their previous levels after six days,” Yamin said.

Hence, our study confirms the safety of the vaccine.

The research also allowed us to compare  subjective and objective  indicators and medical diagnosis of the same participant who received the first booster and a few months later the second booster,” he added.

Edited by tobyjugg2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks