Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's more. I wonder if the answers in the Commons today about lobbying by Michelle Mone and the possibility of a long wait for details has persuaded investigative journos to publish more and keep searching.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Revelation that LFI Diagnostics was entity of office that manages wealth of Douglas Barrowman deepens controversy over Tory peer

Illegitimi non carborundum

So it’s all good in France then🤣

The sceptics, and there are many in France, believe that the government is purposely making a noise about Covid to distract from the other crises afflicting the country: the rocketing food and fuel prices and the increasing likelihood that there will be prolonged blackouts from January onwards.  

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/unlike-britain-france-is-far-from-finished-with-covid/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Pharmacists are reporting UK-wide shortages of the antibiotics used to treat strep A, despite Steve Barclay, the health secretary,  lying insisting that the government is “not aware” of a problem. At PMQs Rishi Sunak also claimed antibiotics were available.

He told MPs:

Strep A can be treated appropriately with antibiotics. There are no current shortages of drugs available to treat it.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Not certain but I think its the liquid penicillin for children which are being reported as shortages by pharmacists

Seems that theres plenty showing in 'stock' but those allegedly available stocks dont seem to be going anywhere when ordered ..

Back to covid

The COVID-19 infection rate increased in England (1.60%), while the trend was uncertain in Northern Ireland (1.57%) and Scotland (1.73%) in the latest week (ending 21 November 2022). The COVID-19 infection rate continued to decrease in Wales (1.30%) in the week ending 22 November 2022.

Since the end of June 2022, most COVID-19 infections in the UK have been the Omicron variant BA.5 or it’s sub-lineages. One of these BA.5 sub-lineages, BQ.1, has been increasing considerably in recent weeks. In the week ending 13 November 2022, the Omicron BQ.1 variant accounted for 43.9% of all sequenced infections (the sample of positive cases that undergoes additional analysis to identify the variant), which is an increase from 37.5% in the previous week. Other BA.5 variants (and sub-lineages, excluding BQ.1) made up 34.6% of all sequenced infections. We have also observed a small recent increase in the percentage of infections with BA.2 sub-lineages. BA.2.75 and its sub-lineages accounted for 17.0% of sequenced infections in the week ending 13 November 2022.

- ONS

• Thanks 1

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

33 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

So it’s all good in France then🤣

The sceptics, and there are many in France, believe that the government is purposely making a noise about Covid to distract from the other crises afflicting the country: the rocketing food and fuel prices and the increasing likelihood that there will be prolonged blackouts from January onwards.  

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/unlike-britain-france-is-far-from-finished-with-covid/

What's funny, TOR?

Having read that article, one has to wonder if France is the best place for Gavin Mortimer to live.

It isn't how it feels where I am, away from Paris. There's the odd public service advert about wearing a mask in certain circumstances but no more than that. The two newspapers I read didn't have anything on Covid today.

It's an interesting perspective in the article but it sounds more like an excuse to bash the foreigners.

• Thanks 1

Doctors’ urgent warnings ignored as monstrous MHRA authorises unnecessary Covid vaccine for infants

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/doctors-urgent-warnings-ignored-as-unnecessary-covid-vaccine-is-authorised-for-infants/

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

What doctors would they be? Wheres the peer reviewed studies?

Don't watch that, watch this REAL news:

"The UK has gone “backwards” on its Covid vaccine capability and preparedness for a fresh pandemic, experts have warned.

Dame Kate Bingham, the former head of the UK vaccines taskforce, said the country had “lost its leadership”, developed in the early months of the pandemic, by weakening its ability to access jabs that could tackle new Covid variants.

And leading virologist Professor John Bell said there had been an “absolutely dramatic reversion” in the success the UK had made not only on vaccines but also testing and antivirals.

INEWS.CO.UK

Dame Kate Bingham, the former head of the UK vaccines taskforce, said the country had 'lost its leadership' of Covid-19 preparedness

British State Deployed Counter-Terrorism Unit to Crush Social Media and Scientific Dissent on Vaccines and Lockdowns

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-truth-about-matt-hancock/

2 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

I've summarised your posts TOR

Just what are your beliefs re MMR and Flu vaccinations TOR?

"By adding on additional explanations as conflicting information arises (in a post-hoc fashion), Icke is able to “adapt” to challenges. He and his supporters can then scour the globe to find happenings that “prove” them correct (much like the justification of predictions from Nostradamus). The latter is a strong example of confirmation bias."

Edited by tobyjugg2

There you go wittering on about Icke again 
no significance or connection to any post whatsoever.You are obviously a fan🤣

Now just to remind you above you quote Leading Virologist Sir John Bell who also stated (source Daily Mail)to MPs

“Britain 'didn't need boosters', says top Covid tsar Sir John Bell as he claims top-up doses only prevent infections for up to 70 days”

So by my reckoning your 67% protection from your covid booster expires tomorrow 
so who exactly has that benefited other than the profits of Big Pharma?

14 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

Now just to remind you above you quote Leading Virologist Sir John Bell who also stated (source Daily Mail)to MPs

“Britain 'didn't need boosters', says top Covid tsar Sir John Bell as he claims top-up doses only prevent infections for up to 70 days”

67% protection from your covid booster

1 Vaccination boost the natural immune system for far far longer than 70 days - simple fact.

Rather than the minimum amount found, for many a boosted immune response lasts longer than the specific Covid variants 'reign', and boosting infection resistance even with new variants (Hence continuing to reduce the impact of the disease)

2. I was pointing out (again) that the people your right wing press and nutter sites allegedly/selectively mis-quote have actually been quoted saying something very different in more reputable sources

- I could quote you -  @theoldrouge assures us that boosters reduce the risk of covid by 2/3rds- which it seems even you accept.

3. Still waiting for your clarification of your view on the MMR and Flu vaccines ...

NRAS.ORG.UK

All vaccines go through a robust clinical trial process and are only given to patients once they have met the strict safety, effectiveness and quality...

While we continue to await @theoldrougeclarification of his view on the MMR and Flu vaccines ...

Strep A: Ministers are planning to impose extraordinary measures to increase supply of antibiotics to treat children with Strep A, including importing unlicensed medicines from abroad. High rates of Strep A infection and Scarlet fever have led to a surge in demand for penicillin and other antibiotics, with shortages reported by many pharmacies across the country - including one family who reportedly had to travel 20 miles with a prescription.

An i exclusive reveals how pharmacists were told to give penicillin tablets instead of liquid medicine to children due to shortages. 

On 07/12/2022 at 18:42, honeybee13 said:

Which antibiotic is needed for Strep A?

fortunately: “lots of choices”

It hasn’t become resistant to penicillin despite 70+ years of penicillin usage.

My understanding is that it can sometimes have resistance to some of the tablet alternatives used for people who are penicillin allergic, though there are ‘drip’ antibiotics for severe Group A Strep infections where resistance isn’t seen (& that includes non-penicillin based ‘drip’ alternatives, too), so there are reliable options for severe Group A Strep disease even for those allergic to penicillin.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Thanks 2

just a little update on events in my personal zone

- which unlike the anti-vaxxers - I'm not to ashamed or afraid to declare (let alone that they are anti-vaxxers)

A number of people in my close acquaintances have over the last 10 days or so tested positive for covid (lfts - good to know they are still catching infections) (5  so far confirmed)

All seem to have experienced a few days (2-3) of quickly developing unpleasant flu like symptoms before the symptoms as quickly faded - apart from leaving some significant breathlessness which appear to be more slowly easing.

The lfts show a slowly fading infection line over 5-7 days from positive test until they show clear.

All are fully jabbed as advised, and cover a range of ages from 20s-60s and at least 2 to my knowledge have been infected before (one in her 20s)

These are all aside from minor colds.

All are utterly certain that the situation would have been far far worse without their vaccinations.

There are some we haven't heard from in the last week but that may be due to the colder weather - these are all part of an outdoor meeting circle.

I remain clear having tested myself 4 times over the last 10 days

https://twitter.com/jamesfwells/status/1602768194308956160

BREAKING NEWS: A prominent leader of the British Heart Foundation has conspired to cover-up research linking mNRA jabs with heart inflammation, says British MP

Bridgen seems to have a history of putting out Covid misinformation.

FULLFACT.ORG

Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen made a series of claims about the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, which use mRNA technology, during Prime...

'China's puppet' the World Health Organization names Sir Jeremy Farrar - the influential scientist who helped to crush Covid lab leak theory as 'conspiracy' - as its new chief scientist

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11532603/The-World-Health-Organization-names-Sir-Jeremy-Farrar-new-chief-scientist.html

17 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Bridgen seems to have a history of putting out Covid misinformation.

FULLFACT.ORG

Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen made a series of claims about the Pfizer and Moderna...

Well of course you are quoting a anti Brexit group so hardly surprising that they would say that

Heres what Mr Bridgen actually said as reported by Hansard
well worth a read imo

Three months ago, one of the most eminent and trusted cardiologists, a man with an international reputation, Dr. Aseem Malhotra, published peer-reviewed research that concluded that there should be a complete cessation of the administration of the Covid mRNA vaccines for everyone because of clear and robust data of significant harms and little ongoing benefit. He described the roll-out of the BioNTech-Pfizer vaccine as “perhaps the greatest miscarriage of medical science, attack on democracy, damage to population health, and erosion of trust in medicine that we will witness in our lifetime”.

Interestingly, there has so far not been a single rebuttal of Dr. Malhotra’s findings in the scientific literature, despite their widespread circulation and the fact that they made international news.

Before I state the key evidence-based facts that make a clear case for complete suspension of these emergency use authorisation vaccines, it is important to appreciate the key psychological barrier that has prevented these facts from being acknowledged by policymakers and taken up by the U.K. mainstream media. That psychological phenomenon is wilful blindness. It is when human beings – including, in this case, institutions – turn a blind eye to the truth in order to feel safe, reduce anxiety, avoid conflict and protect their prestige and reputations. There are numerous examples of that in recent history, such as the BBC and Jimmy Savile, the Department of Health and Mid Staffs, Hollywood and Harvey Weinstein, and the medical establishment and the OxyContin scandal, which was portrayed in the mini-series “Dopesick”. It is crucial to understand that the longer wilful blindless to the truth continues, the more unnecessary harm it creates.

Here are the cold, hard facts about the mRNA vaccines and an explanation of the structural drivers that continue to be barriers to doctors and the public receiving independent information to make informed decisions about them. Since the rollout in the U.K. of the BioNTech-Pfizer mRNA vaccine, we have had almost half a million Yellow Card reports of adverse effects from the public. That is unprecedented. It is more than all the yellow card reports of the past 40 years combined. An extraordinary rate of side effects that are beyond mild have been reported in many countries across the world that have used the Pfizer vaccine, including, of course, the United States.

Those who feel that they have been damaged by the vaccine should of course have the full support of their elected Members of Parliament and the NHS. Only a couple of weeks ago, I was interviewed by a journalist from a major news outlet who said that he was being bombarded by calls from people who said that they were vaccine-harmed but unable to get the support they wanted from the NHS. He also said that he thought this would be the biggest scandal in medical history in this country. 

3 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

Well of course you are quoting a anti Brexit group so hardly surprising that they would say that

Heres what Mr Bridgen actually said as reported by Hansard

Three months ago, one of the most eminent and trusted cardiologists, a man with an international reputation, Dr. Aseem Malhotra, published peer-reviewed research that concluded that there should be a complete cessation of the administration of the Covid mRNA vaccines for everyone because of clear and robust data of significant harms and little ongoing benefit.

So where is this claimed peer reviewed research - I see no links let alone any quality evidence?

Just posting more of your anti-vaxxer lies misinformation it would seem.

Especially when compared to the thousands and thousands of both industry, independent and government peer reviewed and approved research PROVING that vaccines are beneficial.

- vast reams of which have been properly linked here, including RCN, WHO, UN, CDC, in fact EVERY major health and medical organisation in the world.

Simple facts

Vaccines save lives and protect people

Brexit and its lying liars are bad for business and bad for Britain

Anti-vaxxers and their lying lies are bad for everyone - even themselves

On 11/12/2022 at 15:22, tobyjugg2 said:

While we continue to await @theoldrougeclarification of his view on the MMR and Flu vaccines ...

Arguments about vaccines could go on and on and on...................

It will take years for the full facts to be known.  Those on either side of the argument will point to their sources of information.

Up to each individual to make a choice based on available information. Personally, if a vaccine stops me from becoming seriously unwell with Covid, then I will take the risk, that I might have some side effects.  I have has 4 Covid jabs and apart from a sore arm for about a day, have not to my knowledge experienced any other issues.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks