A Couple Of Queries ***WON!!!!!!***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael

No paper clip looked you all must be fed up with me I`m becoming a real pain but I seem to persist in hope someone will help me a fantastic lady on here Anita as helped me considerably but she as family illness at moment

Michael

I received the link other day off you I have copied the N1 information out onto my claim word for word but have no idea as I have outlined somewhere above what amounts of interest to put in the gaps. I have it ready to go off but if i have no idea how much interest to claim then I cannot go any further, to be able to fill in this spreadsheet which I understand you have to do first you have to know what to put on it and how much of whch is my problem I haven`t the faintest what to put in these columns and can`t make out what or how the daily rate is reached at I have been told the daily rate is 12p? then again i have seen it 26p etc thats why i am saying unless you have the expertise to fill in these court things you can`t do it on your own

under value I have

Penalty Charges

S69 8% interest ?

Total £?

Plus Daily Interest At 8% Of £? From The Date Of Issue Until Settlement

I have no idea what to put in these ?

The daily rate is just your charges x 0.00022

Which in your case is £555?? x 0.00022= £0.12p

As for working out the 8% interest, if you can't open a s/s go here for an online calculator (there's one on this site, but it's pants):

Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

You have to fill in the amount of each charge separately, then the date of the charge. Press 'calculate' and then 'add to charges list'

When you've finished press print (you can't save it).

In the first column then write the type of charge for each entry.

Then make several photocopies.

This will work out the 8% to todays date, so ideally you would need to do this close to the day you actually file at court, but even if you did it a week before, you would only be losing out on 12p per day or 84p

• Haha 1

Will try and sort this tomorrow failing that daughter is going to find someone who can do it I don`t mind paying a company afterall better to get it right than take claim in and I`ve messed up, can`t believe what hard work it is makes you wonder if it`s worth it but now I have told son I will do it for him don`t want to let him down. Thanks for the continued advice much appreciated if wasted on someone like me

Did the 8% calculation it is nothing like the figures I sent to Lloyds TSB on my £555 owed interest is £84.77 with this calculator interest is £38.54 think we claimed 18.7% interest in our calculations to the bank so how can we now only claim 8% on the court forms figures will be totally different to what we have claimed in our requests?

Yes you can. Although not having taken that approach myself I'm not sure of the approach for providing schedules of charges etc.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GUIDO

Do I sent this schedule and letter to bank? I have already gone pass this stage I`m at the N1 stage, or do i have to start by sending things to bank again as things have been amended another query son has another £90 bank charge due on the 1st February we can`t add that on?

Sorry Laura, as you emailed me the preliminary letter to look at, I presumed it had not been sent.

Have you sent the Letter Before Action?

Yes we can add that charge on, but we should wait until the 1 February 2007 before issuing the N1.

In any event I will complete a N1 for you later.

We will get there in the end.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks GuidoT yes letter before action sent and he received a letter this weekend from them saying more or less "You know we don`t agree with the argument over our charges so end of story" yes can we wait and add this charge on 1st February even though it hasn`t been mentioned in any letters to bank so to speak claim will be more than the £555 we have been requesting as this charge due on 1st February is £90. Thanks for everything this help as boosted me especially as been nursing hubbie who had a heart attack in November and today we are learnt my Dad may have Alzheimers I have to take him for tests tomorrow god it never rains till it pours

Okay Laura - I will add the £90, recalculate the interest and complete the N1 and then email over to you. I will presume that the £90 relates to the account number that starts with 174. Happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Guido T they sent me a cheque for £54 but is hould have been £83.77 with the contractural interest i was claiming of 39.8% the amount they charged me. They sent me a letter which I have set out in my thread on Studio Cards that they say the couts only allow 8% interest and this is what they have given me and that they can do nothing further

Given the sum involved to my mind, it is not worth the hassle, in particular if you are claiming contractual interest at 39.8%. That basis for claiming such interest remains untested in the courts.

It is your choice, but I would just bank the cheque and forget about it.

Some people say it is the principle, but I do not, it is all about the money. Not that I do not have principles, of course, but as I say, it costs your time and often money to have principles.

It can get very expensive to have principles, in particular if you loose.

You just have to weigh up, if it worth investing the time and money to go after a sum of money, notwithstanding the principle.

I suppose a simple yes or no would have done to answer your post, without explaining the inner workings of my mind and going on....

• Haha 1