A Couple Of Queries ***WON!!!!!!***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As MB and stevo said, the £1 charges certainly cannot be claimed back. You are simply paying a pre-advertised price for a service the bank is providing - its perfectly legitimate. The unlawful charges are those imposed punitively for breaching the terms of your contract, ie, going over your O/D limit.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Sons partner rang the bank they said "We never refund charges the £100 charge stands" she said that my son was in dispute with the bank and she ridiculed that anyone can do this!!! anyway the £100 charge came out today along with £7 service charge for the account he as

Hi Laura, im sorry to hear they took the money, despite the phone call, a small point here, the money they took, is it benefit money, DLA money or anything like that?? If so, im not sure if you have seen this before but there is a letter you can send them which is designed to stop them helping themselves to peoples benefit money, if your interested click below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/42170-letter-appropriation-when-bank.html?highlight=right+of+appropriation

Hope it helps!!

S

Sons partner rang the bank they said "We never refund charges the £100 charge stands" she said that my son was in dispute with the bank and she ridiculed that anyone can do this!!! anyway the £100 charge came out today along with £7 service charge for the account he as

Oh, thats funny - last time I checked the survey, Lloyds alone had repayed over £1/4 million's worth of charges, and that was weeks ago!:lol:

Take no notice Laura, you'll get your revenge - and your refund! - in good time.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Steven-Gary thanks for replies customer services put my sons partner through to local branch she didn`t know that that were going to do that, they said "Where did you get this number from you shouldn`t be ringing here" she told them she had not rung them customer services had put her through, and yes Steven son had £210 DLA go in bank they have took it out of that!!!!

Two points:

1. Letter of Appropriation has to be sent about 7 days before payment hits your a/c and will only apply to that payment, it's not 'on-going'.

2. The £7 a/c fee is presumably for an a/c with so called enhancements. does he actually get any benefit from them for £84 a year. If not cancel it and insist they put him back to a plain vanilla a/c.

Two points:

2. The £7 a/c fee is presumably for an a/c with so called enhancements. does he actually get any benefit from them for £84 a year. If not cancel it and insist they put him back to a plain vanilla a/c.

Good point. They try and upgrade you at every opportunity, but if you're not using the 'benefits' theres absolutely no point paying the extra. I think the main feature of the select account is the car breakdown cover, so if he uses that it may be worth it, if not, you might be better of getting put back to a classic account.

FAO Gary and Michael

Thanks from another member for pointing me to where to post been looking all day. Wanting to help son who as learning/physical disabilities he as an account with Lloyds Tsb for last couple of years hese had an account he pays £7 a month for he gets free breakdown for his scooter and insurance for his mobile etc.

The above is from the first paragraph of Lauras first post.

As for the Letter of appropriation, there is no harm in filling it out and handing it in to the branch once a month, should keep the wolves from the door!

Michael it`s too late to apply for bank to leave his benefits in it was in on the 31st october and payment for the charges was took today. The £7 I think is a select account you qualify for mobile phone insurance a FREE £50 overdraft, free breakdown on your vehicle, and something to do with no foreign currency charge & something else but I forget

Anyone any idea who CA PLC are as I have been having £4 deducted by this company on a monthly basis for years how can I find out who they are I have their account number etc from the standing order set up at the bank need to find out what I owe them and who they are I`ve a feeling they could be a catalogue? any advice asap would be much appreciated

Hi Laura, could it be Consumers Association aka WHICH magazine?

Elsinore

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

• 3 weeks later...

Statements came today well I would hardly call them that can`t make head or tale of them but looks like all in all son as only got £350 charges they say they have no details from 16/1/02 right up to 1/2/05 which seems very odd as I remember him having charges non stop for Sky television and insurance direct debits being returned he had 2 accounts and the information and the 19 pages relate to both accounts:???:

Did your son have the same account from 16/1/02 right up to 1/2/05??

If so they have not complied with the D.P.A.

I believe you should send the following non-compliance letter, edit it to suit.

TEMPLATE 2 - Send if the 40 days has expired.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

Steven they have stuck a note to the paperwork stating "No charges after 16/1/02 yes he had the firstsave account from 22/10/96 till 1/2/05 the first entry showing on the statements for the firstsave account is 3/4/00. The bank state 16/1/02 to 1/2/05 no charges on 19/2/05 they upgraded his account to a select cheque account charging him £5 a month for this and now I believe £7 a month as paperwork states £5 & £7 account charges they upgraded him as they said at 21 years of age he should not still be on a first save account, how can bank be holding back any details for 3 years on firstsave account and why would they do this? I also noticed none of the £1 charges for usuing his debit card abroad show on any paperwork should it?

I am not familiar with a 'first save' account, is this a dedicated savings account?? if so, and there were no transactions during the specified period, he should at least have a monthly statement detailing the account details and any balance. Unless anyone could advise differently, i would suggest going ahead and send then the non compliance letter.

The £1 charges are not charges as such, as they are charged by the ATM owner and not ltsb, and therefore not reclaimable from them.

Hope this helps Laura, my brains not working tonight, still recovering from beating Man U last night :lol:

Steven the first account is just that your childrens first account he should have automatically gone onto something different when he became an adult remember in 1996 my son was only 13 when I opened this account, they couldn`t ebleive he was still on it. Think he got upgraded when they realised he was to have Disability payments go into an account, becuase he was then to have regular income going in they offered him a overdraft and the select account which they charge him £7 a month for he gets free phone insurance breakdown on his scooter, free ordering foreign currency. Like yourself surely they should be showing something on this select account for 2002-2005 not sure what to do probably have to do what you suggest as not had any more advice, appreciate you advising. Sister taking her son Sunday to see Man Utd-Chelsea he will be 12 on Friday he knows nothing about it so what a suprise!!!

Trying to find this non compliance template to send to bank as they say no charges on sons account from 16-1-02 to 1-2-05 we feel this isn`t correct as son remembers defaulting on his Sky TV payments and scooter insurance stevokenevo kindly drafted something up but a bit confused he as put Template 2 and letter before action is that what I put on letter I send them tried searching for these things but nothing coming up, when oh when does it get easier finding things on here, it`s like looking for a needle in a haystack

Didn`t send the sars till 27-10-06 so are you saying I have to wait till the 40 days is up before I can send a non compliance letter? as your letter above that i have copied out states the compliance as expired but ist hasn`t yet has it? I am unsure about this letter I have drafted up it could be full of errors as unsure what is supposed to actually go on it