A Couple Of Queries ***WON!!!!!!***

Laura Cooke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Son has had a reply from LLoyds TSB today about his claim not seen it yet but it more or less is the usual get lost. Not been on here since November because of hubby being ill but I also find it very difficult. I suppose next stage is a N1 form? I already have one of these off line and the information but still cannot see how to fill it in, form seems to refer to a solicitor having the case notes don`t sem to guide yous tep by step so don`t know where to write anything any help much appreciated as court lady offered no help so ended up walking away so wasted journey, other option is i think companies help fill forms in but don`t know any or their charges

N1:

Claimant: Your name and address

Defendant: XXXXX Bank Plc and Registered address

Brief Details: The claimant has a bank account with the defendant. The defendant deducted from the account various amounts of money in penalty charges. The claimant contends that these charges are unlawful and the claimant is demanding the repayment of money.

Value:

Bank charges (and overdraft interest if claimed) - £XXXX

Data Protection Act Fee - £XX (if claimed)

S69 8% Interest - £XXX

Total of - £XXXX

Plus daily interest at 8% of £0.XXp from the date of issue until settlement.

Amount claimed: Charges + S69 8% Interest + Data Protection Act (if claimed)- £XXX

Court fees: £XXX

Sols costs: None

Human Rights: No

POC: See here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...hard-copy.html

• Haha 1

Sorry can`t open the link you sent I assume this will give information on what to put In the particular of claims area? The interest bit unsure what to put down there such as the S69 8% interest then another one daily interest

With court papers is a application notice does that apply to this?

Filling another N1 in for Studio cards is that similar? but interest according to paper work with court papers is 0.00022 x the amount of your claim so the 8% puzzles me

Thanks for getting to me quickly i find this daunting did expect court to help but they didn`t really scared of cocking it up and losing out no one to check I have filled it in proper as it`s all Russian to me I am really not up with all this, really want to help my son but I know this is way out my league

3rd January bank charges claimed £555.00 interest £84.77 total claim £639.77 charges from 16/1/02 to 1//1/07 however sadly my son as been informed he can expect a further £90 bank charge on 1st February, he cancelled a debit payment to a company they still claimed there £99 despite this being cancelled and left him over his overdraft limit. This company later refunded this but he will get a charge because of this the bank said my son should claim his bank charges from this company that caused this?

The next incident is unbelievable my son could not go into the bank to put £100 in as his daughter was unwell outside so he put £100 in the hole in the wall, the bank did not check the hole in the wall so this amount though he had a receipt for it did not get credited to his account, till he queried it when he went into the bank 11.30am the next day, they still had not checked deposits made in the hole in the wall the day before. They said because he had not got enough in his account that day (he thought he had paid £100 into his account but bank not credited it through not checking deposits made in the hole in the wall) he will again get a £90 charge on 1st March, if this £100 did not get credited to the account as the bank had not checked the deposit made to the hole in the wall I personally see this as negligence on the banks part and don`t believe a charge should apply

When my son does finally get his charges back will they deduct the amount from his overdraft? or can he have the cash another way?

See this link;

N1 - hard copy version - Particulars of claim

4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

To work out s69 8 % interest use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

The daily rate is just your charges x0.00022

EG £555 x 0.00022= £0.12p

Problems finding a N1 I can download got one previously but now can`t find one

This spreadsheet thing not that i can make head or tale of it do i have to take copies of that filled in to court with N1? someone kindly filled me a table in on 1st January with charges and interest on when sending in my request for payment of charges from the bank

Bank charges are £555 now I need to know what I put in as S69 8% interest

Person who did a calculation spreadsheet for me put my interest down on £555 as £84.77 is this the fuigure i should put down as this S69 8% interest as I do not understand spreadsheets

Daily interest at 8% I have wrote down (Plus daily interest at 8% of £0.12p from the date of issue until settlement) is this correct how I have set it down as no idea what i`m doing

Gresham Street (watch the spelling) is the registered office to send the N1 to.

Not sure why you cannot download the N1 and not sure about the question your are asking regarding interest, do you mean the daily rate or the interest since the penalty was applied?

To help though, if you want to PM me your email address I can send you a completed PDF N1, that should hopefully resolve both your difficulties.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Much obliged to you I really am struggling knowing what and where to put this interest down on any form I have so far put

Bank charges £555

Data Protection Act Fee £10

S69 8% Interest £?

Total

Plus Daily Interest At 8% Of £ From The Date Of Issue (Do I put 0.12p in the gap)

Yes, the sites having a few glitches at present. Its down for an hour tonight between 9 and 11 for a server upgrade, so hopefully it'll be back to normal after that.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Laura - I have just sent again, if you do not receive it by tomorrow then let me know, maybe PM me another address. Hopefully PMs will work tomorrow.

Hi Laura - Without having your computer in front of me, I do not know the problem.

There are PDF and Excel attachments definitely, do you have the software to open them (Adobe and Excel) installed on your machine?

Maybe email me your versions and I will tell you how to amend them without sending any attachments back to you - not very efficient but needs must.

Or maybe a different email address, sometimes aggressive spam filters remove attachments, do you have a hotmail address?

GuidoT can`t thank you enough for trying to help I have no fax I have had someone send me this excel before but this Adobe saw it other day come up said did I want to download it ignored it has I no ntohing about computers didn`t want to download something that may be harmful. Can`t email you without my address being public, when i firsy came on in here October I was able to send private messages now i am told I do not have permission

I had hope numerous people would come forward with help/advice but this hasn`t happened, want advice on Studio cards and Littlewoods catalogues as well in my postings but not had any responses, it`s looking like i`ll have to go to one of these companies that help for a fee whoever they are can`t see another way round it, I have 3 N1 forms and cannot take them in as apart from my name and address on them have no idea what to put on them so i`ve lost before i start. I really appreciate you trying your upmost to help

Looked in my files this adobe and excel are listed I assume that means I have them? tried to download this adobe 8 it said windows file already in operation, daughter calling today she might know whats what I`m useless as you have already discovered