Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not Ingeus but interesing

Exclusive: A4e finds jobs for 3.5 per cent of job-seekers - Channel 4 News

http://www.channel4.com/news/exclusive-a4e-finds-jobs-for-3-5-per-cent-of-job-seekers

"abysmal" was the word used by Margaret Hodge to describe this performance! It is actually worse than the expected deadweight or "non-intervention" figure.

Perversely this poor performance seems to be being used as an argument to increase the attachment fees! Just what we all need - when something patently isn't working let's do even more of it!

I cannot imagine that other pimp's performance figures are dramatically different from a4greed's.

It's a bit quiet on the Cait Reilly case front, can't find an update anywhere.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Igneus Client OMG please do not do anything like te suggestion made on here.

Contact your local JCP office immediate and request an appointment with the Adviser Manager and Customer Service Manager. You MUST do this to explain your situation with the providers and ensure that a complaint is made. Our JCP office has a heap of complaints from both staff and customers alike. Can you request to be referred to the alternative providers operating in your area?

Personally I am so peeved with their adviser teleohoning to "just ask a quick question", well this is where I am completely polite and insist that they follow the guidance put in place I am not at liberty to discuss any JCP customer information over the telephone and if they require anything they need to put it in writing. The excuse from the one adviser who just doesn't get the guidance was "well I need to confirm that my customer has signed off and started work so I can claim the performance bonus I need to know the name of the employers etc so I can keep in contact", he was told that it would not be discussed over the phone and any request should be made in writing and guess what he phones back within 5 mins and got me on the phone again!!!!! Took his name and complained so will see what happens (not going to hold my breath).

The people that have been sanctioned (well referred for sanction) is appalling especially those that are more vunerable (health conditions but still claiming JSA and learning difficulties etc) so things are being batted about between regional office and the providers is unbelieveable. The don't actually understand the referral process and what action should be taken before putting the referral to dma.

A little off topic here...Tried to get onto the Unemployment Movement site and it's down-I think. A page shows up this..

Fatal error: Class 'Kunena' not found in /home/unemploy/public_html/plugins/system/autotweetkunena.php on line 493

Any ideas, is ok at your end?

Any ideas, is ok at your end?
I just tried the site and got the same message, this is the second site that's had strange stuff ping back, Gremlins?

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

hi has anyone seen the article from Channel 4 News website titled "exclusive A4E finds jobs for 3.5 per cent of job-seekers" it's a very eye opening article.

Quoting from the article which I found was very disgusted and humiliating for the person involved

"Karen Turner, who was also placed on an A4e scheme described the process as "humiliating". She told Channel 4 News she was told she had to take a Chlamydia test on her first day on the programme. The service was so poor she said, she eventually complained to her MP."

Why would the work programme want to know that the client has got chlamydia or not it's none of their business and it wont affect their job search if she did have it they can't really sanction if she refused any way so why do it.

That is only part of the story.... A4E have also reportedly scheduled people to attend (without prior notification) a Cargo Cult type of course entitled Neuro Linguisting Programming

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/psychobabble-a4e-and-nlp.html

The key issue to focus on is that the Orthodox Belief of Administrative Clerks within the W2W Sector is that the only reason why a candidate is unemployed is down to the candidate, and nothing else.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
grammar

"abysmal" was the word used by Margaret Hodge to describe this performance! It is actually worse than the expected deadweight or "non-intervention" figure.

Perversely this poor performance seems to be being used as an argument to increase the attachment fees! Just what we all need - when something patently isn't working let's do even more of it!

I cannot imagine that other pimp's performance figures are dramatically different from a4greed's.

It is a pity that Labour Lackie Margaret Hodge did not do anything other than support Labour 1997-2010 when they blindly introduced the profligate New Deal and Flexible New Deal, and which achieved nothing but make Welfare To Work 'Pimps" extremely rich at the expense of the taxpayer. But, at the time, most of Labour were asleep on the proverbial job.

The key issue to focus on is that the Orthodox Belief of Administrative Clerks within the W2W Sector is that the only reason why a candidate is unemployed is down to the candidate, and nothing else.
Apart from being potentially dangerous in psychological terms, this smacks of a hugely expensive money making wheeze for the NLP 'provider'.

They can brainwash as much as they like, it won't alter the amount of jobs available, pure bunkum.

A4e using NLP to try to improve on their absolutely abysmal 3.5% job placement rate?

I'm with Scientiam till mid July...What a waste of time, been without an advisor since mid May and not seen anyone since the beginning of May. A new advisor is seeing me on 9 July, for a review, ha! My review is they are as much use as a chocolate teapot! Training sub provider my bottom!

I have a mandated phone call on Monday. I also have a GP appointment to hopefully sign me of sick. One of the causes of my sickness is them and how inaccessible they're making everything for me.

Oh well, I know they've said before they want me off JSA and on to ESA.

have been trying and failing to find what w2w providers supply...I am thinking perhaps illogically how we can begin to cost them money..apart from withholding data....as in the way of new suit for interviews, money for bus/train/petrol costs.....we really need to start to hit them in the pocket if we possibly can...anyone know legally what we can get off them?....

I have been with Ingeus for a while now, and must admit they do seem a lot better in my local office than the ones that I have been reading about on here, we also have a coffee/tea machine and can help ourselves at any time whilst we are there.

But I can relate with a lot of what is being said, I have been offered new suit, shirt, and shoes to attend interviews, they also paid for a full birth certificate as I needed one for a job application, I have been refunded parking charges and fuel costs from attending interviews, and my advisor even hinted at help with Mot, Tax and even Fuel to get to my new job when I get one, so I'm sure there is a lot of things that they can give but obviously they're not letting on.

My wife has to attend A4E which is a little room behind another building with few computers and out of date newspapers, but hey, they can have a drink of water whilst their advisors help themselves to tea and coffee, not at all like their Intro brochures, and just a tad meaner than Ingeus.

I have been with Ingeus for a while now, and must admit they do seem a lot better in my local office than the ones that I have been reading about on here, we also have a coffee/tea machine and can help ourselves at any time whilst we are there.

But I can relate with a lot of what is being said, I have been offered new suit, shirt, and shoes to attend interviews, they also paid for a full birth certificate as I needed one for a job application, I have been refunded parking chargeslink3.gif and fuel costs from attending interviews, and my advisor even hinted at help with Mot, Tax and even Fuel to get to my new job when I get one, so I'm sure there is a lot of things that they can give but obviously they're not letting on.

Congratulations! You must be the lottery winner of provider customers it's the first time I have read anything positive about Ingeus.

I went to an Igneus Branch in a shack in a dodgy part of Chorley, Lancashire, after being sent there even though I'm off sick after a nervous breakdown and depression.

I also want a job, for the record.

It was supposed to be a 'one on one' meeting with an advisor allocated to me because of my circumstances. I turned up and he didn't. So I left. I then had my benefits cut.

I have since been twice more, but to the Preston Branch, and the experience has been awful both times. I can't even say how bad this company treats you.

I still have not had my benefits restored and am at the end of my tether with my phone cut off and no food being the worst thing that happened until I was forced to borrow money because of these leeches.

I wrote this on a mates PC as I can't afford to run one. I am close to ending it all, but my mate is unaware of this.

If I do, please look into what the heck is going on with these idiots on my behalf. I can't take anymore. Thanks.

Preston Branch will be the one to contact if I do - but I'm trying my best to hang on in there.

Hang in there IgneusClient , I live in Preston if you want someone to chat to...could even cook you a meal :) I am ESA as well but lucky I was put in the support group, well say lucky but I am in no way able to work at the moment :(

The Work Programme (I'm with G4S which subcontracts to a training company) is abysmal. The help they've given me?

I asked for and attended an interview training session, this was the worst thing ever, it was a complete and utter joke. The person presenting the course should never have been in the job, awful, and showed they had no intention of providing a decent service. From the silly such as spelling mistakes all over the place, to dangerous advice (if you are a shop worker it is your duty to apprehend shoplifters), to the utterly absurd - if you have a health condition offer to lift a suitable piece of office furniture at the interview to demonstrate good health (not joking).

They rejigged one of my cover letters to add some bad grammar into it and phrases such as "friends and family would say that I'm a good worker"

They tried to teach me how to use a search engine, that was before I gave them a short description of Boolean functions to show that I already knew.

I see an employment advisor every month, and to be honest I've had more useful advice from my cat. It's not fit for purpose. It may work on people who have a genuine need for very basic training, but for anybody else it's a morale sapping pos.

rom the silly such as spelling mistakes all over the place, to dangerous advice (if you are a shop worker it is your duty to apprehend shoplifters),

That really is dangerous advice. I volunteer in a charity shop. I was told under no circumstances do I apprehend a suspected shoplifter.

That really is dangerous advice. I volunteer in a charity shop. I was told under no circumstances do I apprehend a suspected shoplifter.

I challenged her there and then and she said, well if you don't feel able get somebody to go with you! I said under no circumstances should you do this, even security don't usually bother until the threshold has been crossed as it's hard to prove otherwise. I said if you suspect somebody is shoplifter go and tell security/management/supervisor I actually reported this as there were several vulnerable people in there who no doubt would have taken her advice to be correct rather than mine. The company concerned totally ignored my complaints. I then emailed G4S who said they were dealing with it, though as far as I am aware this person is still doing those workshops.

Oh and another thing that annoyed me was she kept repeating to the point of where it seemed like a power trip that admin/customer services/shop work was all low end job and would only get minimum wage and unlikely to get anything higher. Once couched in slightly less condescending tones would have been fine, she mentioned this at least 5 times though. At the 5th time I mentioned to her the last interview I had was actually £12 an hour and I had only narrowly missed out! (Advice work without an advisers qualification).

Ho Only fools

You say:

a

ll low end job and would only get minimum wage and unlikely to get anything higher. Once couched in slightly less condescending tones would have been fine, she mentioned this at least 5 times though.

Yes it's call the race to the bottom.

By and large pimps have access to predominatly min wage (or less) type jobs. Hence the repetitive mantra of "you can't expect any more than minimum wage".

Ironically the pimps' remuneration from the DWP is not linked to the wages of those who find jobs. Hence the ridiculous situation where the pimp can get more in payment from the DWP than the worker earns in wages.

The Work Programme (I'm with G4S which subcontracts to a training company) is abysmal. The help they've given me?

I asked for and attended an interview training session, this was the worst thing ever, it was a complete and utter joke. The person presenting the course should never have been in the job, awful, and showed they had no intention of providing a decent service. From the silly such as spelling mistakes all over the place, to dangerous advice (if you are a shop worker it is your duty to apprehend shoplifters), to the utterly absurd - if you have a health condition offer to lift a suitable piece of office furniture at the interview to demonstrate good health (not joking).

They rejigged one of my cover letters to add some bad grammar into it and phrases such as "friends and family would say that I'm a good worker"

They tried to teach me how to use a search engine, that was before I gave them a short description of Boolean functions to show that I already knew.

I see an employment advisor every month, and to be honest I've had more useful advice from my cat. It's not fit for purpose. It may work on people who have a genuine need for very basic training, but for anybody else it's a morale sapping pos.

The thing is, I would have thought that ploughing so much money into them the Govt would need to see evidence of the quality of the training given...maybe even some sort of certifcation of each type of module....by some recognised body perhaps...?

Seems at the moment that there is a risk that they could be giving unsafe and unsound advice, teaching poor grammar and communication skills and amending CV styles that do not need help...in short making chances of employment less not more if the person is not able to know what is right prior to the training....and act accordingly. I wonder if prospective employers have noticed a decline in the quality of letters and/or CVs? :|

And as to helping those who are unwell get back to work.....they seem to be doing the very opposite......making them worse, effecting their mental health....probably putting more burden on NHS.......if not now maybe sooner rather than later....

And lowering self-esteem should be the opposite of their aims should it not?:mad2:

Hi Raven, I also think my adviser at Ingeus is appalling.

She's from a sales background and next time I think I'll record her so that if I end up getting my support benefit cut, I can play it in court!

She told me to delete my degrees from my qualifications, asked what being a contributor to something meant, and then changed my CV adding mistakes like "there" instead of "their". She tells me that I want get a job in my field but has no understanding of what my previous work of over 20 years actually involved. Also told me that no-one is interested in my hobbies of swimming etc, and to apply to really low-paid jobs in Morrisons and nursing homes. She astounds me as I look at her and think, yes I studied for 7 years, worked for over 20, have been unemployed for a year and get this young woman completely patronising and insulting me. Next appointment, I am definitely going to report her.

Had one of their "advisors" suggest something similar to me, and then patronisingly attempt to explain how having a degree would intimidate potential employers. After my initial surprise my response was twofold:

1. What would you fill the gap with?

2. Why not approach employers who valued what I had to offer? It’s not as if there’s a shortage of them.

That more or less ended that discussion. I didn’t even get to mention how unethical and counter-productive to keeping a job lying to a potential employer is – a point just about every decent organisation is happy to reinforce when given the chance. There are better and more honest ways to address the potential of over-qualification.

She also pitched hilariously unsuitable (and always low-paid) vacancies at me, and deliberately ignored interview and application feedback I received from my own efforts. This"advisor" is the stuff of comedy legend amongst my family and friends, who metaphorically tore her to shreds to me when they were trying to counteract her negative effect on my self-esteem and confidence. No doubt she’s from a sales background too – may even be the same person. For her, it wasn’t about helping the client into sustainable employment but about maximising the potential for a quick result, presumably so she could collect an Ingeus "Star Employee of the Month" cookie.

And Ingeus rewrote my CV when I first started with them, which I then had to rewrite to correct the spelling and grammar in order to make me sound less of an illiterate moron. I later rewrote my own CV, and use that for non-Ingeus related stuff.

Sorry, upset so made error, Ingeus adviser tells me that I won't get a job in my field but ... As if she's an expert, I asked her what her qualifications are, and she just said that she had a job and I didn't.

I’m lost for words for how utterly moronic an answer that is from your "advisor". It’s very Pauline Campbell-Jones (The League of Gentlemen).