Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi neilmol2009.

I would be careful here unless you are in a position where a sanction won't hurt too much.

I think in your position I would duplicate the JSA job log but only put down 2 jobs perhaps adding a note "sample of jobs applied for full record available from Job Centre Plus" and also "Please note that I have not waived my rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. Contacting any of the above will result in a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner and could result in criminal prosecution".

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, thanks for your reply I think I will put down what you say that way they can't do anything about it. Also does anyone know what happens when you go on CV activity class and they get you to write CV's. I have a CV and shown them it but with all my details redacted can I redact the one I am writing in the class because I have a sneaky feeling this might be the way the get hold of your CV. I have a CV and I apply for many jobs but they don't believe me. Thank you

Hi, thanks for your reply I think I will put down what you say that way they can't do anything about it. Also does anyone know what happens when you go on CV activity class and they get you to write CV's. I have a CV and shown them it but with all my details redacted can I redact the one I am writing in the class because I have a sneaky feeling this might be the way the get hold of your CV. I have a CV and I apply for many jobs but they don't believe me. Thank you

I haven't yet had the pleasure of a CV writing class but I expect they are as varied as the people giving them.

I would redact any personal info from any CV produced (phone nos e-mail

etc).

I would not allow them to keep any hard copy produced though would allow them to see it.

I definitely would not allow them to keep a soft copy - make sure you delete any saved copies if working on a pc to be absolutely sure may even clear the history from the PC. If you want to keep a copy of the CV you could always A) copy it to a memory stick. or B) Email it to yourself - can e-mail to and from same address.

If by any chance they have some good ideas then I would use them.

Oh and you could always incoporate the copyright wording/data protection wording mentioned above.

Hi, just a quick one about the application tracker for a list of jobs I have applied, do you think I should ask them for a letter stating that it's mandatory for me to fill this in and what the consequences will be if I don't? I can then go to the DWP and get clarification off them if this is legal. Thanks all

the only applications you are mandated to apply for is the one in your jobseekers agreement...providing you havent signed anything with wp....providing you are abiding by the jobseekers agreement there is s*d all they can say or do....you havent signed one of their stupid action plans?

Thanks for the reply, I haven't signed anything since I've been there or confirmed my details this is what's making them mad with their threats. I haven't had an action plan only this application tracker. I have been sticking to my jobseekers agreement applying for jobs but they said it wasn't enough proof but it's good enough for the jobcentre. Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I haven't signed anything since I've been there or confirmed my details this is what's making them mad with their threats. I haven't had an action plan only this application tracker. I have been sticking to my jobseekers agreement applying for jobs but they said it wasn't enough proof but it's good enough for the jobcentre. Thanks

Tell them if it's good enough for the Job Centre then it's good enough for them.

nystagmite it's because they have to notify the JCP office of the reason why you didn't attend and you will be required to complete further paperwork at your next JCP attendance to declare that you were unwell.

You can have the 2 allowable periods of sickness in a curret job seeking period and if it is a 3rd or more period of ilness you will find your claim is closed.

Unfortunateky we receive a lot of WP07b forms to declare Mr X couldn't attend due to a sickness bug and they keep a track to ensure there isn't a recurring problem where you may be best suited to claiming an altertnative benefit such as ESA :o

Hi Raven, I also think my adviser at Ingeus is appalling.

She's from a sales background and next time I think I'll record her so that if I end up getting my support benefit cut, I can play it in court!

She told me to delete my degrees from my qualifications, asked what being a contributor to something meant, and then changed my CV adding mistakes like "there" instead of "their". She tells me that I want get a job in my field but has no understanding of what my previous work of over 20 years actually involved. Also told me that no-one is interested in my hobbies of swimming etc, and to apply to really low-paid jobs in Morrisons and nursing homes. She astounds me as I look at her and think, yes I studied for 7 years, worked for over 20, have been unemployed for a year and get this young woman completely patronising and insulting me. Next appointment, I am definitely going to report her.

Sorry, upset so made error, Ingeus adviser tells me that I won't get a job in my field but ... As if she's an expert, I asked her what her qualifications are, and she just said that she had a job and I didn't.

is she asking or telling you to actually lie on your cv?....please do not allow them to ave any input into YOUR cv it is yours not theirs they have no right to a copy and certainly no right to alter or change it.....remove any rights you may have signed away...first with the jobcentre then with them....if you need any templates i do have copies of them...also make a complaint about the way you have and are being treated.....

Cheers Flumps. I think that has just given them more ammo to try to chuck me off JSA and go on to ESA. But I was told yesterday that if JCP are happy with me being on JSA, (no-one has said otherwise. They've been aware from day one about my disabilities) then I can't be chucked off like that.

Lying on CV's? well I had an interesting set of replies to a post I made over on the pimps site whereby it was suggested that lying, altering the truth, or getting someone to fabricate a reference for you, could well be regarded as fraud if it came to light by the employer at a later date, at any rate it's definitely grounds for instant dismissal. A good excuse not to comply then in my book.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Thank you for above as I will say that to her and am going to print out her altered version of my CV. I graduated in the 90s so she said that my qualifications are out of date. Funny that as a university professor at a careers convention told me that my science degree will always be recognised. Am definitely going to record her. Will take them to court for distress and fraud and bullying if possible. Also, the lack of privacy during appointments with Ingeus advisor is appalling. I found this on another website, I like the comparison that prisoners in the UK are not legally forced to work for private profit-making companies.

Tobanem

Compulsory voluntary work is an expression which doesn’t even sound right.

It is a contradiction in terms if ever there was one – nor is there any such thing as a mandatory volunteer.

Forced or compulsory labour is so unjust that it must be legally challenged.

An interesting definition of “forced or compulsory labour” is given by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) in its Convention 29, Article 2, as follows:

“ALL WORK OR SERVICE WHICH IS EXACTED FROM ANY PERSON UNDER THE MENACE OF ANY PENALTY AND FOR WHICH THE SAID PERSON HAS NOT OFFERED HIMSELF VOLUNTARILY”.

Thankfully, recent legislation now exists in the UK – in addition to and in harmony with the European Convention on Human Rights.

In England, Section 71 of the Coroners and Justice Act 2009, and its conterpart in Scots Law, Section 47 of the Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2010, both outlaw forced or compulsory labour.

Under these Acts, “Person A” commits an offence if Person A requires another person to perform forced or compulsory labour – and if the various Workfare schemes such as “Work Experience”, “Mandatory Work Activity Scheme”, and the latest one called the “Community Action Programme”, are not forced or compulsory labour under the menace of a penalty, what are they then?

Moreover, according to the International Labour Organisation’s Convention 29, Article2, (2), ©, even convicted criminals should only be doing forced or compulsory labour “Provided that the said work or service is carried out under the supervision of a PUBLIC authority and that the said person [criminal] is not hired to or placed at the disposal of PRIVATE individuals, companies or associations”.

Not only is the forthcoming Community Action Programme going to be longer in duration than the average sentence handed out to convicted criminals, but criminals are not supposed to be exploited by private enterprise – unlike the unemployed who are being “mandated” to work with wealthy private companies without wages under the menace of savage benefit sanctions if they dare show any dissent.

Hi Raven, I also think my adviser at Ingeus is appalling.

She's from a sales background and next time I think I'll record her so that if I end up getting my support benefit cut, I can play it in court!

She told me to delete my degrees from my qualifications, asked what being a contributor to something meant, and then changed my CV adding mistakes like "there" instead of "their". She tells me that I want get a job in my field but has no understanding of what my previous work of over 20 years actually involved. Also told me that no-one is interested in my hobbies of swimming etc, and to apply to really low-paid jobs in Morrisons and nursing homes. She astounds me as I look at her and think, yes I studied for 7 years, worked for over 20, have been unemployed for a year and get this young woman completely patronising and insulting me. Next appointment, I am definitely going to report her.

HI daisy, and welcome to the surreal world of the WP. Where illiterate "advisors" think that being employed is a qualification and tell people to "lose" their qualifications.

You have a lot to learn (and quickly) about this new world!

Get over to the unemployment movement site http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/welfare-to-work/756-six-tips-on-work-program-survival

and read the six tips on WP survival.

Check your rights at consent.me

http://www.consent.me.uk/

to begin with:

If you have signed the data waiver withdraw consent.

Get back your CV and don't let them have it again.

Don't sign "Action Plans"

and, on a positive note, keep contributing.

It's incredible what muppets without a clue that these companies are employing.

What the hell does an ex travel agent, or call centre cold caller know about professional CV writing...

In the past when living in Doncaster, I used a couple of voluntary organisations funded by Doncaster Council - the staff were all older, and very experienced, having worked long and full careers in a variety of roles, the people who assisted with CV writing actually knew what the hell they were doing, the courses they ran were actually useful - its why I have a CIEH Level 2 Health & Safety Cert, and a CIEH Level 2 Food Hygiene Cert - I was offered the course and did it, as even though I have always worked in Admin, I would have considered work in a food factory say, plus, if there were Admin roles going in some sort of food production environment, having that Cert would still put me ahead of other admin candidates. It's basically just to do with health and safety in a food environment.

So a year or two ago, now back in Wales, I get sent to Working Links.

Show the Muppet my Certificates and other Qualifications, and he immediately tries to put me in a mandatory work "trial"

As a Chef.

Err..... Why? asks I, I have no skills or experience in such a role....

"But you have a Food Hygiene Cert" Muppet says???? Thats how skilled and knowledgeable they are, they don't even know what basic qualifications mean. It would be like assuming that a level 1 NVQ in Health and Safety would qualify you to be the Chief Technical Officer, of the Health and Safety Executive :D

Complete and utter idiots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never thought I would say this as I despise employment agencies almost as much as the pimps, but at least a good number of agency staff had experience with compiling CV's, your average pimp advisor is akin to an illiterate used car salesman.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I never thought I would say this as I despise employment agencies almost as much as the pimps, but at least a good number of agency staff had experience with compiling CV's, your average pimp advisor is akin to an illiterate used car salesman.

Always wondered why actual, experienced recruitment agencies never went for these contracts, or if they did, why they were ignored, and the contracts given to new companies with no experience, purely set up to steal this new taxpayers money.

If the Pimp's only got cash for results, no cash handed over when you go on their books, no training allowance for the Pimps to keep instead of training you, you would soon see a dramatic improvement in their behaviour I suspect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did sign something during my 1st appointment but no idea what it was as had no real time to read it. Oh dear, will have to ask for a copy and then seek legal advice. Really informative thread, thanks.

You've to work as a chef and I'm being told that admin is out of my range. Then a few weeks later, same advisor is saying how employable I am. Don't want to go in to my quals and work experience but it was well above admin level. I have a driving licence so perhaps they'll buy me a car and I can be a taxi driver. If the government is paying them £14,000 if I find and keep a job, why not just give me £14,000 to retrain, or establish a business. Absolutely incredible that this government is wasting taxpayers money on such nonsense as private agencies such as Ingeus. Need journalists to expose links between the contracts awarded to these private companies and MPs or government departments, smells to high heaven.

I did sign something during my 1st appointment but no idea what it was as had no real time to read it. Oh dear, will have to ask for a copy and then seek legal advice. Really informative thread, thanks.

Have no fear, just give them the Withdrawal of waiver letter to be safe ;)

Sample letter to withdraw existing consent:

http://www.consent.me.uk/workfareconsent/

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have no fear, just give them the Withdrawal of waiver letter to be safe ;)

Sample letter to withdraw existing consent:

http://www.consent.me.uk/workfareconsent/

Or use this version from http://thiefofbaghdad.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/68/

and take the poverty pimp poll whilst there:

Re: Data waiver agreement under the Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Pimpo,

As you are aware I have signed the data waiver/consent form thus authorising PIMPO to share my data with other bodies including potential and actual employers. You should also be aware that I have the right to withdraw this consent at any time without giving reasons or explanations.

I understand that such withdrawal does not effect my placement on the Work Programme or any employment or offer of employment made.

Please take this letter as notification of the withdrawal of my consent with immediate effect and alter your records to show that my data sharing consent has been withdrawn. Please sign and date the copy of this letter to acknowledge that it has been received by PIMPO and my instructions will be acted upon.

Yours sincerely,

• Haha 1