Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

flumps1976

What happens then if a claimant genuinely does not own a phone? I know at least one person who cannot afford a land line, and gets totally confused using a mobile so won't own one.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to rock the boat just saying from what I see at work iygwim?

If you fail to declare a telehone number to the JCP or WP they could refer you for a sanction to DMA as you are potentially restricting your availability as how can people get hold of you to invite you for interviews etc?

I now forsee an argument :( which is not what I want but simply wanted to pose this as an option that could be argued by WP in the referral to DMA

you do not have to supply a phone number flumps in fact on the pittance paid you could argue that you cannot even afford to have a phone...they can contact you by letter....you cannot be sanctioned for not supplying a number....

Well the pimps have my tel number, given by the DWP but never had a call unless

they call from an 0845 number as I don't answer those,Debt collectors 99% of the time.

Anyone know how much you can earn in a part time job while on JSA?

I foresee a nice part time job coming up around my appointment times and if you can work

and earn a certain amount before it effects JSA all the beter, or I could just be doing the job

for free.

George

to keep

yeah but be careful...there are plenty of stories of people being sanctioned for missing appointments..even when they have been going to a job interview....I believe the amount is 20 quid but i would google it if i were you to make absolutely sure....if you do not turn up expect to be sanctioned by the pimps....

To Bakstcha sorry to bother you again but you know your stuff, should I take the complaint up would i the complaInt be supported with evidence of my advisor saying to me by e-mail that she filled in the application form for me? I still have the e-mail, thanks

Th e-mail would be useful - don't delete it!. I don't think it is a "killer" though since the advisor could argue that she filled it in but you signed it - after all "filled in" doesn't necessarily mean signed.

have been trying and failing to find what w2w providers supply...I am thinking perhaps illogically how we can begin to cost them money..apart from withholding data....as in the way of new suit for interviews, money for bus/train/petrol costs.....we really need to start to hit them in the pocket if we possibly can...anyone know legally what we can get off them?....

have been trying and failing to find what w2w providers supply...I am thinking perhaps illogically how we can begin to cost them money..apart from withholding data....as in the way of new suit for interviews, money for bus/train/petrol costs.....we really need to start to hit them in the pocket if we possibly can...anyone know legally what we can get off them?....

So far as I know, the new clothes allowances for interviews or work boots etc. are 'discretionary'

which basically means 'feck off, you ain't getting it' .

fares are a no win though, as you have to pay them out to claim them back. I would make the most of withholding data as I don't think this loophole will remain open much longer.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Yes, the phones were to accommodate me. I had to fight for it thought - been with them on and off since September and was fine until I had my ears syringed. They then decided that because it had only just happened, I was lying.

So far as I know, the new clothes allowances for interviews or work boots etc. are 'discretionary'

fares are a no win though, as you have to pay them out to claim them back. I would make the most of withholding data as I don't think this loophole will remain open much longer.

so no way to cost em money....the pimps are simply there then to make money out of you....is gonna be difficult but not impossible for them to alter the data protection act.....it does make you wonder what the hell they do or are supposed to do...apart from naff peoples life up.....ah the future looks bleaker by the day.....god help my grandkids when they leave school..no jobs, no hope, no money..

The pimps are pushing part time work, 'part time is the new full time'.

I don't think its closeable without serious legislating in multiple areas tbh - whilst they might be able to fudge a way to stop us having to sign a data waiver, it would I suspect, require a lot more legislation changing to still stop us prohibiting our new employer from communicating with a third party - especially since, once we are with said employer, we are out of the benefit system, the JSA one, anyway. I doubt they can easily impose a contractual term on someone when their "contract" is to all intents and purposes ended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well they get paid the same no matter if P/T or F/T (subject to a min no o0f weekly hours).

Part time work will not remove a lot of people from benefits.

So we have the ridiculous situation where pimps are being paid possibly more than those who find work and people are still on benefits!

they shouldn't be paid unless they get a person completly off benefits, part time or MW jobs would not fit this criteria. Any job requiring HB, TC, etc would not count the only exeptions would be child and disability benefits.

they shouldn't be paid unless they get a person completly off benefits, part time or MW jobs would not fit this criteria. Any job requiring HB, TC, etc would not count the only exeptions would be child and disability benefits.

Yep that's about right

The pimps are also coercing candidates into registering through "Self Employment", and for candidates to claim "Working Tax Credit" (provided they make up the hours to 30 hours per week). Some delude themselves with the belief that all candidates need do is walk from company door to door as if they were starting a Gardending Business, and that the "Fields of Dreams" Principle applies.... "If We turn up asking for work, work will always come".Unfortunately, the Universal Credit will torpedo Working Tax Credit, and if candidates who apply Working Tax Credit are not careful, they may be liable to repay several £'000 Working Tax Credit.

I hate Ingeus.

I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety and since going to Ingeus I have regressed so much.

I'm depressed for the first time in months (I had battled my way through it only to be pushed back in by Ingeus) I even had self-harming thoughts, I'm having anxiety and panic attacks more often now and I feel worthless.

I'm adamant that this is the doing of that hell-hole.

My adviser doesn't give two hoots about me. She made out she was there to help and my naivety made me believe her until she threw all of my prospects back in my face. She told me she'd help me become self-employed, got me to fill out a business plan and really made me believe I had a good business idea and then told me none of it was realistic and told me I'd need a job, that self-employment for me isn't a realistic option.

She knows that I have poor mental health (anxiety, depression, panic, stress) but seems completely uncaring. I've tried to tell her that it's difficult for me to go out and approach employers or phone them because I suffer with anxiety and panic but she ignores me.

Now apparently my efforts are not enough and she wants me to apply for a minimum of 15 jobs a week.

I see her on a weekly basis and I hate it, 15 jobs is not realistic! I struggled to apply for 2 this week and I felt that was a good effort. I feel so pushed down and undervalued.

Honestly, I'm considering just telling the job centre they can stuff their benefits because the thought of going back into that Ingeus office makes me feel physically ill, it genuinely upsets me and I cannot stand the thought of being their puppet any longer. I just want rid of Ingeus and it's claws.

I feel so trapped, this is a 2 year plan... If I sign off, will that mean I'm free of Ingeus too?

I'd rather struggle and have no money than be miserable like this. :help:

I hate Ingeus.

I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety and since going to Ingeus I have regressed so much.

I'm depressed for the first time in months (I had battled my way through it only to be pushed back in by Ingeus) I even had self-harming thoughts, I'm having anxiety and panic attacks more often now and I feel worthless.

I'm adamant that this is the doing of that hell-hole.

My adviser doesn't give two hoots about me. She made out she was there to help and my naivety made me believe her until she threw all of my prospects back in my face. She told me she'd help me become self-employed, got me to fill out a business plan and really made me believe I had a good business idea and then told me none of it was realistic and told me I'd need a job, that self-employment for me isn't a realistic option.

She knows that I have poor mental health (anxiety, depression, panic, stress) but seems completely uncaring. I've tried to tell her that it's difficult for me to go out and approach employers or phone them because I suffer with anxiety and panic but she ignores me.

Now apparently my efforts are not enough and she wants me to apply for a minimum of 15 jobs a week.

I see her on a weekly basis and I hate it, 15 jobs is not realistic! I struggled to apply for 2 this week and I felt that was a good effort. I feel so pushed down and undervalued.

Honestly, I'm considering just telling the job centre they can stuff their benefits because the thought of going back into that Ingeus office makes me feel physically ill, it genuinely upsets me and I cannot stand the thought of being their puppet any longer. I just want rid of Ingeus and it's claws.

I feel so trapped, this is a 2 year plan... If I sign off, will that mean I'm free of Ingeus too?

I'd rather struggle and have no money than be miserable like this. :help:

Are you on JSA? You say you have been battling depression so I am just checking....Have you told your GP? They may think you may not currently be fit for work....you admit that your mental health has declined....

You can still look for work whilst on ESA but if Ing..and their ilk are making you ill then surely you need medical assistance.....and your GP is the first stop. And you may even have a fair argument for an exceptional circumstance not to be forced into WRAG should you remain ill after the assessment period (no guarantees unfornunately).

It is fortunate that you have something to fall back on financially so you can even consider signing off but for how long could you survive?

It is a shame that what the general public believe is geared to helping people get back into work and supporting the sick and disabled to achieve employment seems to be making people stressed and ill....

And they want people back to work? If you can't afford these things, how can you get back to work?

Yes, I am on JSA. That's how I ended up with Ingeus. After being on JSA for a certain amount of time, they put you on the Ingeus program.

I'm worried about going to my GP because the last thing I want or need is medication. I've had medication from my GP before to chill me out but they made me ill.

I should talk to someone but I just don't want to be end up a drugged zombie.

What is WRAG? I'm not sure what you mean.

I have a little money saved away thankfully but it wouldn't last for long, at the moment all I can think of is just getting away from Ingeus. I'd rather struggle financially than end up regressing further with my mental health.

And they want people back to work? If you can't afford these things, how can you get back to work?

From the feedback over on the 'dark side'......... The pimps have the

attitude that you must be able to provide proof of a positive outcome i.e. proof of a job start before they will consider any funding, too many people got new suits and shoes but no job at the end of it.

The same goes for certificates and work licences, so it's catch 22 for many claimants.

WRAG (sorry I have ended up using jargon) stands for the Work Related Activities Group and, believe it or not those still deemed unfit for work are deemed fit to go to Work Programme if they are expected to get better soon (you may find it informative to look at some of the ESA threads on this forum!!!). That said, I believe Ingeus are not the only providers in each area.

If it is the "regime" making you ill surely your GP needs to know that anyway....do they all thrust pills at you at the practise? Surely you have a choice and if it is the cirucmstances that are contributing then that should be something they address....with you...? If not I am sorry to hear that...GPs do differ I'm afraid.

I would have hoped that any GP worth their salt would help you improve your mental health and ESA assessment is the same money (I believe) as JSA (for the 13 weeks assessment period and there is no pressure to attend even Jobcentre during this time either....). As you have said "all I can think of at the moment is just getting away from Ingeus" then if your GP agrees that your health has deteriorated sufficiently then you will get away.....at least for a short while...time to think and get better......hopefully..

The problem is if you use all your money there is no guarantee that you will not end up back in the same boat, but even more stressed as then there is no safety net to cope even with any sanctions etc

.....and I am not sure struggling to make ends meet and worrying that you may have to return to WP later may help mental health, it wouldn't mine......it is not as if jobs are out there easily......

That said, I believe Ingeus are not the only providers in each area.

No, one could be really unlucky and end up with A4e, or Working Links, in which case hide your wallet/purse.