Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If your friend did actually work 16 hours then yes the claim would have been closed correctly.

The payment of the run on for HB and Ctb and even the job grant would be initially disallowed on the basis that the claim was not continously claimed/received (due to the 16 hours work) he could then write and ask a Decision Maker at the Benefits Processing Centre to consider the payments due to the circumstances which he should list, the decision is nothing to do with JCP about the payment of job grants etc.

I have just seen my Friend and it was apparently 24 hours not 16 - and he has asked of the Counter Staff at I think HB and yes at first look said he might not be entitled, but this is what I expected. -

He/I will be phoning the Temp Agency Mon as said before for a letter confirming that work wasnt there to continue at the Company and I will be composing a letter when He gets the Temp Agency letter reguested but I need to know where he hands in the letter with a letter for Decision Makers at Benefits Processing Centre to reconsider and hopefully allow the claim - Should it be addressed to 'Decision Makers' and do you hand it in at JCP or post it to what address ?

He has a form to fill in to take in to Council probably regarding HB and CT. on Tues so I have given him a list of the 3 things he has to ask about ( HB CT, over 50 Extended and Job Start Grant ) in present cirmumstanses because he will only get 1 weeks money of £109 (is week in hand still held back ) and will have to go into arears on Rent and CT.

The Social Fund was mentioned in a Benefit letter from JCP if he will have no money but if this is the Crisis Loan he will have to pay it back so I dont want him to have to get Crisis Loan - If necessary and this all still goes pear shaped I will lend him Funds to survive until following pay and can pay me back in easy instalments.

The Advisor at Maximus is worse than useless, not interested, and he had the feeling that they were laughing behind his back. My apologies for hijacking this Thread but His problems might be of help to others if they are unlucky enough to have the same things happen. Mainly I should have got the letter from the Temp WHEN it happened as Insurance

Thanks for all your help

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just prepare you..here are links for HB and CT 'run ons'

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018679

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018926

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/On_a_low_income/DG_10018901

He may have to show though that as mentioned above...he did not leave voluntarily...although he should NOT have signed off in the first place..but thats past....get a letter stating circumstances of leaving job .... worst case scenarion is 'fall back' on Law quoted above...I dont think it will be needed though abit like 'sledgehammer to crack a nut'

Hope it helps

rgds

m2ae

It'll increase from 16 to 24 for parents. (not sure if this is lone parents - but it's definitely for couples)

Here is link for /tax Credits you can navigate your own way around links according to your needs

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCredits/index.htm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCredits/DG_194917

EXTRA TAX CREDITS for OVER 50's

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=DG_172852

TAX CREDITS EFFECT OF BUDGET APRIL 2012

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=DG_194914

Link for parents/lone

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/AdvancedSearch/Searchresults/index.htm?fullText=%27Tax+Credit+Lone+Parents%27

My apologies for digressing too much

rgds

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

Thanks for the links

It all comes back to that Agency fiasco and 26 weeks - when I said to him about the 'Letter confirming work no longer available etc' he said Agency will probably want to email not post a proper letter - email would be to my address, he doesnt have one - should I accept that and print off or insist on Proper Posted Letter. (Agency Head Office in Essex, we are in Kent)

also I need to know where he hands in the letters for Decision Makers at Benefits Processing Centre to reconsider and hopefully allow the claim - Should it be addressed to 'Decision Makers' and do you hand it in at JCP or post it to what address ?

The Social Fund was mentioned in a Benefit letter from JCP if he will have no money but if this is the Crisis Loan he will have to pay it back so I dont want him to have to get Crisis Loan

Is Social Fund mentioned in Benefits letter the same as Crisis Loan ?

I think I should go with him when he goes to the Council to make sure he gets proper info. - after we have been to the Bank for my Authority set-up for me to handle him Bank Account for claiming back his PPI .

I wont have any more News until after Tuesday Appts.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by silv.surfer
addition

The point for the previous poster (silv.surfer) is that unless your friend is part of a couple then by working 16 hours in a benefit week he has effectively closed the claim. It wil not matter if the job was meant to have been full time, permanant or temporary, unfortunately the cut off is hours for JSA and for a single person it is 16 hours.

flumps1976

I have phoned the Temp Agency Mon and they are sending a Pay slip and P45 by post to take into JCP and it is possible that it could be disragarded if his JSA totals more than 6 months without that - the job was set-up by Maximus through the Agency - It was his Consultant that told him to Sign-off on the Friday BEFORE he started on the following Monday - the other one sent back hadnt signed-off so that one will still have HB and CTB and other Starting Benefits still available if HE found got a Job - and just the £128.88 deducted from next JSA :x

When I said to the Agency that My Friend was sent from Maximus - she said 'ooohh typical - usual cock-up merchants they are just after their targets and dont care how they go about it ' :-x

So I said to her 'I will wait and see how this pans out and if all gets sorted I will go down to Maximus and sort out his Ha Ha Expert Consultant :whoo: once he is out of their reach for sanctioning.

Just out of interest what Areas does Ingeus operate in ? Seems odd that there are no posts about Maximus treatment

All fingers crossed please for Visits to Bank, Council HB and JCP Tuesday - maybe any Results Tues evening

Thanks for your help :-)

What exactly do they do for you? I have been with them for a number of weeks now. Initially I saw a representative who was very helpful in assisting with my CV. Once done I was transferred to another Representative who I have yet to see as last week unfortunately I was ill and this week which was the earliest appointment the rep is ill herself!

I fail to actually see at the moment how they are going to help me as aside from the CV help I have had no help with finding work.

They do run courses which I only found out about through a friend. I went to an advanced interview technique and got quite a few good ideas from it. I mentioned this last Tuesday as I know there are courses starting tomorrow and still no information, even after mailing the office manager about this. I believe the manager is out of the office although the initial mail was replied to and conveyed within was my request for this information.

My experience thus far is poor at best.

Tuesdays News Good and Bad

1. Bank His Authority for me to deal with Info relavant to Reclaiming mis-sold PPI - Sorted

2. Local Council - HB Change of Circumstance Form re Signing-off - Couldnt Comp Form as didnt have New Job Pay Details e.g. Pay Slip not paid yet - was given the Back Page where New Employer fills in and Stamps Co.Name and Statements showing JSA - Handing in Form Wed. then New Emp. pay thing as soon as got Filled out. As temp. until HB and CT sorted. He has to pay £15 toward Rent and CT frozen at Zero. Council checked JCP Screen and must have seen continous JSA seemed OK but I was not Fooled.

3. Visited JCP because worried about 26 weeks thing/ Agency Break -Effect on HB/CT Run-on and Job Start etc. - Had to use house phone to contact JCP Canterbury -Asked about the Job Start Grant (didnt ask question really wanted to know ( 26 weeks cont. ) The answer to question showed up THE BREAK as I guessed it would. So JCP said He doesnt qualify and gets nothing.

I mentioned to JCP Canterbury that it could be disregarded if prev. JSA adds up to more than 6 months - His does 3 years Continuous. - Which link did I get this from cant find it now - Is the first appeal to JCP or go to Discision Maker Now

also I need to know where he hands in the letters for Decision Makers at Benefits Processing Centre to reconsider and hopefully allow the claim - Should it be addressed to 'Decision Makers' and do you hand it in at JCP or post it to what address ?

He is getting frantic now - which route does He go now ?

Thanks for all your help

Edited by silv.surfer
missed out word

My experiance of Ingeus are that my 1st advisor was very nice but just added me to the system then sent me away. expected to be called back in again in a few weeks but didn't hear from her for a couple of months. Again when I did eventually go in I was in for all of five minutes telling her about my job search and she just said well that all seems to be in order of you go and I'll see you in a few weeks time.

I then got switched to another advisor she was more hardcore but she questioned me about the health issues I stated on my inital interview and fter answering all her questions she advised me that I was on the wrong benefit (i.e. I didn't meet the requirements for JSA) and should apply for ESA. Her implication was that she was about to start a lot of mandatory work related activity with me which she felt I would fail to comply with due to my health issues and that I would most likely lose my benefits if I didn't switch now. I think she was being nice and i did follow her advice. She just send me away when I said I was considering the esa option. I am still due to se her in a couple of weeks but not sure what will happen at that point.

I am not really sure about Ingeus, the people are nice enough but I am not sure they can really do what they are supposed to as the work is just not out there and the targets they are set almost forces them to act in an inhumae manner. I really don't envy them at all.

Tuesdays News Good and Bad

1. Bank His Authority for me to deal with Info relavant to Reclaiming mis-sold PPI - Sorted

2. Local Council - HB Change of Circumstance Form re Signing-off - Couldnt Comp Form as didnt have New Job Pay Details e.g. Pay Slip not paid yet - was given the Back Page where New Employer fills in and Stamps Co.Name and Statements showing JSA - Handing in Form Wed. then New Emp. pay thing as soon as got Filled out. As temp. until HB and CT sorted. He has to pay £15 toward Rent and CT frozen at Zero. Council checked JCP Screen and must have seen continous JSA seemed OK but I was not Fooled.

3. Visited JCP because worried about 26 weeks thing/ Agency Break -Effect on HB/CT Run-on and Job Start etc. - Had to use house phone to contact JCP Canterbury -Asked about the Job Start Grant (didnt ask question really wanted to know ( 26 weeks cont. ) The answer to question showed up THE BREAK as I guessed it would. So JCP said He doesnt qualify and gets nothing.

I mentioned to JCP Canterbury that it could be disregarded if prev. JSA adds up to more than 6 months - His does 3 years Continuous. - Which link did I get this from cant find it now - Is the first appeal to JCP or go to Discision Maker Now

He is getting frantic now - which route does He go now ?

Thanks for all your help

Decision Maker should REVIEW it before an APPEAL takes place...because you are presenting new evidence..if the outcome is same THEN you APPEAL...beware of time limits

Thanks flumps1976

Any documents you complete about requesting a reconsideration (silv.surfer) should be addressed to the benefits processing centre, the JCP have no input in payment decisions.

Would Our Benefits Processing Centre be Canterbury which he phoned Tues. from the
JCP internal phone line
and is there a Form or is it a Letter that is required explaining the circumstances of the ' Break ' in JSA and that his previous Continuous JSA is 3 years, that needs to composed.

I think something should be added about his Learning Difficulties/ Doesnt always understand completley as result of Teenage Problems. - (I dont know if on Medical Records - havent asked - delicate subject ) or as Doctors Letter if on Records.

Does He have to wait for a letter from JCP saying doesnt qualify as told on the phone or can we go ahead as soon as Pay Slip, Time Sheet and P45 and letter telling that the Company didnt have enough work comes from Temp Agency,

I have Googled Benefits Processing Centre and showed one 5 miles away as opposed to Canterbury 30 miles. but I think it was stll referring to local JCP's as Benefit Processing Centres

also I need to know where he hands in the letters for Decision Makers at Benefits Processing Centre to reconsider and hopefully allow the claim - Should it be addressed to 'Decision Makers' or post it to what address ? e.g. Canterbury

Thanks flumps1976

Edited by silv.surfer
added words

You address a letter to the Decision makers of the JSA section at the benefits processing centre that is noted on any payment notification letters, it can either posted directly there or handed in at the JCP office where he signs.

It may be worth requesting your own thread be started too :)

Thanks flumps1976 Wow that was fast :-)

Will look at his Benefit letters and snail post to that address - dont trust JCP not to 'Accidently ' lose it !!! - Is it a letter or Form plus relevant extras ?

Noted my need for Own Thread comment - I landed on this thread from a Link from MSE and not being familiar with This Forum only yesterday found my way to Main Index and Benefits Section and after reading can see your point - my apologies to All for Off Topic on here.

I can start My Thread but should I summerize original story and how could I show the info. that I have received on here for other people to see how to progress - I could take it over as quotes or is there a better way - only very recently got the quotes thing sorted :wink: - I learnt a lot from reading their Threads. - didnt see any other similar problem so would be good info. for others.

Thanks for all your help

Thanks means2end and flumps1976 for Your help :-D:-D

I havent got any JCP Benefit Papers for the Discission Maker address so will have to see him Sunday for that but do we write a Letter or is there a Form to send with Payslip and other bits from Temp Agency. He has had Phone call confirming he doesnt get nowt. !!!! Next stage Discission Maker. !!! Is there a time limit, it is 2 weeks since Signing Off for His New Job.

I aim to pass on all info. I got on here and elsewhere so other people can see our Route which may be of use to them if the same problem. I couldnt find anything similar although my Neighour cant be the only one to have this Problem. See my quote below as to after opening My New Thread re how to shift info from here into New Thread so it can be found easyly.

Noted my need for Own Thread comment - I landed on this thread from a Link from MSE and not being familiar with This Forum only yesterday found my way to Main Index and Benefits Section and after reading can see your point - my apologies to All for Off Topic on here.

I can start My Thread but should I summerize original story and how could I show the info. that I have received on here for other people to see how to progress - I could take it over as quotes or is there a better way - only very recently got the quotes thing sorted wink.gif - I learnt a lot from reading their Threads. - didnt see any other similar problem so would be good info. for others.

Sorry flumps1976 I missed that bit about writing a letter - I agree about the signing-off after 5 days / before 21 days - This is the whole problem. His Maximus Consultant told him to sign-off on his usual signing day which was the Friday Before he went to that Job on the Monday - It was Maximus that was the whole cause of the problem - the other one that was returned hadnt signed off so that one just reported the money received and it was deducted from the next JSA therefore No Break in other person's consecufive JSA, but because my Friend did as he was told believing that was the Law now did as was told - not having had to sign-off for last 3 years.

I suppose He could try to get letter from Maximus admitting Consultant gave wrong instruction - however the saying ' a flock of pink pigs just flew over ' comes to mind as being a more likely occurence. I will get him to try anyway.

silv.surfer unless I missed something you stated that your friend worked 16 hours so regardless of it was offered as a temporary job or permanant it will not make any difference. The cut off for part time work for JSA is 16 hours and if your friend worked that then claim was closed correctly.

flumps1976

It isnt fair that if you know the rules of the system and when to sign-off they get away with it - and because he does as told he gets clobbered through wrong info. from Maximus. :x

Even the Temp Agency said he shouldnt have been told to sign-off Before the Start day as told to by Maximus - the other chap hadnt signed-off so no break in his JSA, see below, they just deducted pay from his next JSA - the other guy has confirmed this - the other guy got the same Night Shift pay as my Friend. It may be less hours because it was all Night Shift so might be Night Shift Premium added - will see the pay slip Sunday.

the other one that was returned hadnt signed off so that one just reported the money received and it was deducted from the next JSA therefore No Break in other person's consecufive JSA, but because my Friend did as he was told believing that was the Law now did as was told - not having had to sign-off for last 3 years.

The amount of wages will obviously affect payments but if the other person was a partner on another claim then tey could work up to 24 hours before the claim closed, ideally as soon as someone knows they are due to start work then they should close their claim asd it usually means that the final payment is issued to help towards living expenses or travel costs until the first wage is received and also for the P45 to be issued quickly too to avoid emegency tax.

Unfortunately I don't make the rules after after a bit of a bashing on another thread I'm wary about posting any further advise as I certainly get enough of that at work daily (usually verbal but also physically too at times :( ).

The other possibility is of course that the other person wasn't completely honest but only they know sorry.

Thanks means2end and flumps1976 for Your help :-D:-D

I havent got any JCP Benefit Papers for the Discission Maker address so will have to see him Sunday for that but do we write a Letter or is there a Form to send with Payslip and other bits from Temp Agency. He has had Phone call confirming he doesnt get nowt. !!!! Next stage Discission Maker. !!! Is there a time limit, it is 2 weeks since Signing Off for His New Job.

I aim to pass on all info. I got on here and elsewhere so other people can see our Route which may be of use to them if the same problem. I couldnt find anything similar although my Neighour cant be the only one to have this Problem. See my quote below as to after opening My New Thread re how to shift info from here into New Thread so it can be found easyly.

You have 2 options;

1 use the little triange bottom left and report your post asking very nicely for an admin to create a new tread.

2 start a new thread and reference this one

Hi all,

I’m currently forced to attend a 18 week mandatory placement with Ingeus. I’ve been with Ingeus since they opened last year and they have not helped me in the slightest!

I attend the Ingeus Office for 4-5 hours per day looking for work. This is my choice to do so and I deliberately take the P1$$ out of the system by posting 800 spec letters etc! Hahaha.

This 18 week mandatory thing is a complete and utter joke! The first meeting (13 of us) had to participate in a group discussion about who we would take on a dessert island with us! Then the next meeting we all walked to the job centre to use the job centre points! As I said to my Advisor what’s the POINT! Lol

Even the Job centre want nothing to do with Ingeus. My Job centre (ex advisor) said Ingeus are a bunch of money grabbing ^$£%$%”&% and they should be closed down! Hehehe.

To my point…

Next week we all have to participate in a 2 hour cold calling session! I’ve tried doing cold calling in the past and I’ve been sworn at and basically told to F off. Can Ingeus (my advisor) force us to cold call?

The thing that annoys me is I attend the Ingeus office for 20-25 hours a week which is like doing a part time job! Ingeus themselves know I’m a good catch because I put a lot of effort in with job searching.

I don’t know why they target people like me who actually job search?

Any help much appreciated,

John

Edited by Anti Ingeus

Hi all,

I’m currently forced to attend a 18 week mandatory placement with Ingeus. I’ve been with Ingeus since they opened last year and they have not helped me in the slightest!

I attend the Ingeus Office for 4-5 hours per day looking for work. This is my choice to do so and I deliberately take the P1$$ out of the system by posting 800 spec letters etc! Hahaha.

This 18 week mandatory thing is a complete and utter joke! The first meeting (13 of us) had to participate in a group discussion about who we would take on a dessert island with us! Then the next meeting we all walked to the job centre to use the job centre points! As I said to my Advisor what’s the POINT! Lol

Even the Job centre want nothing to do with Ingeus. My Job centre (ex advisor) said Ingeus are a bunch of money grabbing ^$£%$%”&% and they should be closed down! Hehehe.

To my point…

Next week we all have to participate in a 2 hour cold calling session! I’ve tried doing cold calling in the past and I’ve been sworn at and basically told to F off. Can Ingeus (my advisor) force us to cold call?

The thing that annoys me is I attend the Ingeus office for 20-25 hours a week which is like doing a part time job! Ingeus themselves know I’m a good catch because I put a lot of effort in with job searching.

I don’t know why they target people like me who actually job search?

Any help much appreciated,

John

Hi John,

I'm being referred for this! I was told it would be 16 hours pers week and they would offer me courses. I'm confronting my advisor over this, as she is telling porkies. Also I'm a single mum too, I can't leave my son with anyone.

Hells