Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When one enters Ingues in Edinburgh their is an open seat area where you wait for your 'advisor'.

Whilst waiting I could overhear conversations between 'advisors' and customers /clients.

One advisor was discussing quite loudly an individuals criminal record with the client quite openly (and loudly) for all to hear, and they did, believe me, all of us waiting.

I was quite frankly disgusted and only regret I immediately did not make a complaint.

As for the 'advisors' - they are for the most part (with one or two exceptions) completely out of their depth.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi John,

I'm being referred for this! I was told it would be 16 hours pers week and they would offer me courses. I'm confronting my advisor over this, as she is telling porkies. Also I'm a single mum too, I can't leave my son with anyone.

Hells

Hey,

Mine isn’t 16 hours per week, It’s more like 5-6 hours per week. I think you’re on the course that helps you with mock interviews and active job searching etc…

My friend is on that one and like you was told it would be 16 hours per week.

After spending 4-5 hours in the Ingeus Office 5 times a week I seem to see the same faces every day!

The Ingeus I attend has over 1000 clients and every week I see the same 40-50 clients. So where are these other clients?...

HAHAHAHA

I think myself and the other 12 clients were hand-picked because, we look the most active and more likely to find employment.

Ingeus and their Advisors will find any way possible to find you a job even if it’s the ^$%^£$* job in the world! They don’t look at you’re individual needs but themselves!

Good luck with your next meeting and tell them to pay for childcare! Hehehe

Take care,

John

Hi HELLY13

Jihn says "Good luck with your next meeting and tell them to pay for childcare"

That is not a bad idea as some providers have undertaken to do exactly that when bidding for the WP contracts. For instance Maximus (another poverty pimp) promise Access to funds for travel, childcare, equipment and clothing if included in Action Plan

I have taken this from their minimum service standards which can be found here: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/provider-minimum-service-delivery.pdf

Ignorasus' service standards are also on the same document though no specific mention of childcare. Definitely worth having the discussion though and pointing out what other providers (e.g. Maximus) do. At the very least it may cause them to cut down on the hours in your sentence.

Hey,

Mine isn’t 16 hours per week, It’s more like 5-6 hours per week. I think you’re on the course that helps you with mock interviews and active job searching etc…

My friend is on that one and like you was told it would be 16 hours per week.

After spending 4-5 hours in the Ingeus Office 5 times a week I seem to see the same faces every day!

The Ingeus I attend has over 1000 clients and every week I see the same 40-50 clients. So where are these other clients?...

HAHAHAHA

I think myself and the other 12 clients were hand-picked because, we look the most active and more likely to find employment.

Ingeus and their Advisors will find any way possible to find you a job even if it’s the ^$%^£$* job in the world! They don’t look at you’re individual needs but themselves!

Good luck with your next meeting and tell them to pay for childcare! Hehehe

Take care,

John

Hi John,

Where is your office, mine is in Southport. They want to send me to Bootle (groan). I prefer Preston as its easier to travel too and speedier. Not sure of the set up, as Southport is classed as Sefton and Preston is Lancashire. I don't think Social Services would be too happy if I leave a minor at home... I may consult them over this.

Thanks

Hells

Hi Bakatcha,

I think they must take into consideration everyones circumstances, I also home Educate my Son due to the School failure (the School in question has brought in a Super Head to sort it out!). I am going to consult the Social Services on the law regarding leaving monors and take it to the first day. Mind you I'm even applying for jobs at less than 16 hours, as I can top up with Income Support and get all the HB and Council Tax benefits just to get them off my back. Ingeus won't like that as they won't get their fee!! To think I was a Sales Trainer and Brand Ambassador flying all over Europe!! I want to start my own business so need a wage to keep the bills at bay and the Wolves from the door!

Hells

Hi John,

Where is your office, mine is in Southport. They want to send me to Bootle (groan). I prefer Preston as its easier to travel too and speedier. Not sure of the set up, as Southport is classed as Sefton and Preston is Lancashire. I don't think Social Services would be too happy if I leave a minor at home... I may consult them over this.

Thanks

Hells

Hey,

I attend the Preston Ingeus branch. Have you ever attended the Preston branch?

If so, what are your views???

I’ve never been to the Southport job centre nor the Ingeus office due to living closer to Preston etc. I presume all Ingeus Advisors are the same? They must all be taught to treat us clients like &$^%?...

:-x

Hey,

I attend the Preston Ingeus branch. Have you ever attended the Preston branch?

If so, what are your views???

I’ve never been to the Southport job centre nor the Ingeus office due to living closer to Preston etc. I presume all Ingeus Advisors are the same? They must all be taught to treat us clients like &$^%?...

:-x

Hi John,

I've never attended the Preston branch as there's one in Southport. To be fair the staff have been really nice and my Advisor is lovely (touch wood). I saw a chap last week who is based at the Preston Branch called Paul, he's a New Business Manager, he saw me along with a couple of others I believe who are more Middle Management- he's a link between companies and Ingeus. He acutally thought I should apply for an Advisor role with Ingeus!!!! The Bootle office is where they hold the courses, to me it's a ruddy mare to get there and time consuming. Much rather be at Preston takes me 30 mins as I'm in the Northern part of Southport.

Hi John,

I've never attended the Preston branch as there's one in Southport. To be fair the staff have been really nice and my Advisor is lovely (touch wood). I saw a chap last week who is based at the Preston Branch called Paul, he's a New Business Manager, he saw me along with a couple of others I believe who are more Middle Management- he's a link between companies and Ingeus. He acutally thought I should apply for an Advisor role with Ingeus!!!! The Bootle office is where they hold the courses, to me it's a ruddy mare to get there and time consuming. Much rather be at Preston takes me 30 mins as I'm in the Northern part of Southport.

I live near Tarleton so probably not too far from you. I’ve met Paul as he comes in to the Preston branch regularly.

Southport is a lovely place and I visit loads and look for work around the Southport area. The problem is most jobs are only 16 hours, which can be a pain and not really worth taking.

Could you really work for Ingeus? Hehehe. I know I probably couldn’t with all the targets they have to hit! I can see Ingeus closing down in a year or too. I was informed that they aren’t hitting enough targets.

I was told a few people are finding work but just not sticking with them. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure you have to be in employment for 3-6 months before Ingeus get any payments.

John

Hi John - when I was on FND with Ignorus they tried to get me to apply for a job with them as a kind of liaison with the Job Centre. I politely declined. I was also told that I should have applied for a job as a trainer with them - again I declined.

Details of the payment schedule can be found in part 3 of this document http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-prog-itt.pdf

Basically 3 payments one an attachment fee, one an outcome payment and one a sustained outcome payment - the schedule for payment is as per the document. It is widely thought that providers discounted the 2 outcome payments when bidding for contracts by around 5%. I haven't worked it out but I think the maximum they can get is around £13000! Even at 10grand per full outcome this is a considerable amount of public money being passed over to private hands. I guess it's perfectly possible for a pimp to get more money over the payment period than the individual person gets paid! Remember as well that in many cases all benefit will not cease just because a low paid job has started so in addition to the pimps' payments there will still be a cost in benefits. Makes you wonder where the sense is really!

The figure of £13,000 is for a customer who had a long term claim for ESA, the payments for JSA are less than that although without trawling through the internet I can't quote figures sorry.

They get paid about week 13, week 26 and then week 52 after you close your claim for finding work which is one of the reasons they are always keen to keep in contact, and if they can't contact you they will try to get some info out of the JCP office that you used to attend. However the providers attached to the JCP office that I work in have learnt that we won't disclose that information, we have forms that need to be completed to advise of changes in circumstances and I always keep the information as brief as possible. I will state Mr X closed the claim for JSA as he found work on ??/??/??. I never disclose the name of the company as I figure that if the customer wanted tem to know the details they would have told them anyway! I always ask for the relevant forms to be completed as required for any infomation to be disclosed and usually remind that if it was me that sent the original form i have provided everything that I can!

It may be a DWP order regarding targets of sanctioning people ageed some people need it - but They dont get it - but they could at least do it on proper events and not target any Vunerable People who are easy to intimidate which they tend to do anyway. :evil: As a previous poster said 'What happened to HELPING People into Work ' Now it is chuck them out the door into anything and were's my money. An interview Maximus sent my Neighbour for was IT and he doesnt know anything about PCs - even had to get a buddy there to send me a CV email. Never mind it went on their Target for Interviews attended.

Maximus are the cause of My Neighbour's problems - He got 2 week sanction for resisting Advances swiftly followed by a Phantom supposed 8 week Job that died in 3 nights ( break in JSA ) then He found a Proper Job himself all within a month but now has to apply to Decision Maker to try to get the Disqualification ( break in JSA Maximus wrong info. ) overturned. He was frantic with worry.

If this is now the WP remit now the sooner it is closed the better - it is NOT working - Vunerable People can be suicidal not to put too fine a point on it. They bottle it up and with no outside help suddenly they are Gone !!!!! That is an event that will happen if not sooner then later and it will be no Accident !!!!! :mad2:

It needs a Whistle Blower Despatchs or something to let the Outside World know what really goes on behind closed doors.

This from the excellent Ipswich Unemplyed Action site http://intensiveactivity.wordpress.com/

An ex Ingeus advisor gives the inside perspective:

"ConDemOut Says:

February 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

I worked as a Personal Adviser for a company called Ingeus on the Work Programme when it first started but had to leave it was so corrupt. Our job was impossible. How do we get 3 million people into 500, 000 jobs. The simple maths doe’s not add up.

The jobseekers who are made to go on the work programme are, in the main, some of the most unemployable people in society. How was I meant to turn around a whole life of unemployment and the lack of employability skills in 6 weeks?

We baby sat them. We were/are there to make sure they ARE applying for jobs and to punish them when they don’t. We were/are there to kick people off their benefits more than to find them a job. In another company I used to work for, A4E, (during New Labour’s New Deal which was almost as bad but at least that was just about hiding figures – not providing free labour to rich multi-national corporations) we were positively encouraged to assess a clients employability prospects and if they were very low, we were told to find a way of booting them off their benefits as this was also considered a ‘win’, just like getting them into work.

These companies with Work Programme contracts only makes money if they get people into jobs so the staff are bullied by management to get people into jobs that they aren’t suitable for, that goe’s against their career plan, that they aren’t qualified for and in the worst scenario that they are endangering themselves and others by doing as they are not capable of doing the job safely etc.

The billions that is being WASTED on this programme could of been used to offer employers tax breaks or other financial incentives for taking long-term unemployed people on or even better giving our NEET young people Apprenticeships (this is what all companies and employers say if anyone bothers to ask them) but NO. It is spent proping up rich and powerful corporations like Asda, Tesco and Poundland by supplying them with serfs, free labour to do their bidding. These big coporations are sacking people so as to replace them with free labour from the Work Programme! It’s criminal."

I'm back at Analingus... They've ****ed me off big time today.

First Appointment back..... Missed by my advisor about two weeks ago

Then today, the 9th, I receive a letter in a franked envelope (so had to posted the day stated, the 6th) for my next appointment on the 8th!!! Yesterday! But listen to this... despite the envelope been franked for the 6th the letter itself was dated the 2nd!!

WTF?!?!

One of two things have happened

1. The letter was printed out on the 2nd and has sat on someone 's desk until the 6th

or

2. The letter has been printed out after that date (I suspect the 5th or 6th) with a fraudulent date attached.

It's a laughable attempt at trying to get me sanctioned either way.

NO CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE IS GOING TO BULLY ME! IDIOTS!!

Hi YorkyLad,

I had similar experience when I rang up and changed an appointment (a whole week in advance) - I put it back one hour and was told that it was rescheduled successfully. On my arrival I was taken aback to be berated by a young harridan for being half an hour late (I was half an hour early!). Got home to find threatening message on answering machine re sanction doubts etc. etc. I was furious but never got an apology.

Also on another occassion I turned up, signed in and waited half an hour then queried why I wasn't being seen. I was then told that my advisor was ill and not in that day and I could go. I'd probably be still sitting there waiting if I hadn't asked!

Put it down to incompetence on their part.

I like the "Analingus"!

My tales of woe were with Reed In Partnership, not Ingeus I know but as far as I am concerned they are all tarred with the same brush, most of the thirteen weeks of my incarceration I had constant run ins with an obnoxious little Muppet 'advisor' barely out of nappies, who had delusions of grandeur and a bad case of little man syndrome, I put up with this moron's rants and behaviour because he had the big stick at the time in terms of sanctions. I was back into work one week after finishing the 13 week sentence, and bumped into laddo in the toilet of a local pub, lets just say I gave him a 'severe talking to' in the old fashion sense:wink: And before anyone asks, no I didn't get arrested.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hello Everyone!!

Well what can I say.....? I’m truly shocked!

I was directed to this forum having told a friend I had applied for a position with ingeus as an advisor. Everything about the job appealed to me and seemed in line with my career goals and having gotten through to the final stages of the recruitment process I think my chances are good. That said, after what I’ve been reading over the last 2 hours has led me to consider withdrawing my application.

The more I think about it the more the role seems to be that of a salesman, there is no way I could ever feel comfortable trying to push people into jobs they wouldn’t want to do. I’ve been there myself, 4 years with a gaming company whose management structure was made up of the 4 horseman of the apocalypse. I hated it, and it led to me been very unhappy indeed. Not all the jobs fault but doing something i didn’t enjoy for 9 hours a day certainly didn’t help.

Well I think I’ve just answered my own question, while I would be comfortable working to targets there is no way I would be comfortable pushing people into jobs they don’t want to do, not only that but there is a lot of negative feedback about the company over the internet!

Well im gonna e-mail the HR department now and withdraw, might just drop a link to this site in the e-mail to!! ;-)

Thanks for enlightening my naive mind!

Regards

MJ

• Confused 1

Has anyone on here seen the Daily Mail today

Emma Harrison of A4e which makes all of its money from UK Gov. Contracts/Taxpayers - has paid herself £8.6m for her success/failure to get longterm unemployed into work - this payout was 300% up from previous even though the Gov. said her Company's record on Work Schemes was abysmal.

MPs voiced astonishment at the size of the payment to Mrs Harrison and questioned why the firm had continued to win contracts ( they are running 5 contracts } despite the 'abysmal' record.

Half of the work is sub-contracted to Charities so A4e receives millons in Management fees therefore squeezing Charities and sub-contractors trying to make a buck - That is why people on the Work Prog. are getting treated the way that they are to get enough targets to pay these Fees.

Apparently there were 3 Tenders for this Golden Apple and because the other two had no background record it was decided to not include A4e previous 'abysmal' performance, and award 5 Contracts to A4e.

They even received a share of 63 milliom in Termination Fees when the previous Back to Work Programe they were involved in was ended. :mad2::-x

I've been sold by the DWP to Disingenuous too..

However, I'm about to declare myself as self-employed and Yorky Lad's post gave me an idea..

I got a letter from Analingus today having signed off several weeks ago. Handed in my book to JC just having given last date of claim, signed and ticked the box confirming I expected the employment to last 5 weeks or more.

The letter was telling me that there is £75 available to me, "to transfer directly into my bank account"

[...]

All I have to do is fill in two forms and I will get £75. It's the 'Information Disclosure' and 'Consent to Share Information' forms. I thought for £75 I would in fact sign them knowing that they have no idea where i'm working and how to get hold of any possible employer i may have.

As I've also declined to sign the DPA consent forms, if Disingenous contact me to offer a similar 'bribe' to sign the forms once have signed off, what's to stop anyone from signing their forms with their own name, address, and phone number as 'self-employed' details and taking the money as soon as it hits their account, and then sending the DWP and prime provider a full withdrawal of DPA consent letter? :D

I think Bizzaro's post is really saddening. As clients of the company i'm sure i speak for everyone in that we want staff like him to be employed. Someone who is driven to achieve results but not to his clients detriment. Unfortunetly looking at it from Analingus' prospective though I imagine someone with common sense and scoring high emotional intelligence is probably not welcome. A caring person is not going to achieve the same results (on paper.... bullsh*t manipulated results that do not reflect the true picture) as one of the idiots.

Does anyone know if someone is pushed into work that they cant do and as a result leave after a period of time...then return to Analingus.... and then the process is repeated a second time...

Have Analingus managed to secure TWO job placements and secure payment for each?

and to answer your question Gil_Jnr

if Disingenous contact me to offer a similar 'bribe' to sign the forms once have signed off, what's to stop anyone from signing their forms with their own name, address, and phone number as 'self-employed' details and taking the money as soon as it hits their account, and then sending the DWP and prime provider a full withdrawal of DPA consent letter?

the question should be: why the hell are people signing the forms in the first place at the start if later you are paid £75 if you haven't?

There's nothing to stop someone from doing that. It's just personally I will not. I do not trust them with my data at all.

and for the record: letter received here from them today for me... letter dated 8th (thats a date before i actually received the last letter lol) posted in a franked envelope dated 9th for an appointment on the 16th. In order this time. :)

Well Yorkylad you say "why the hell are people signing the forms in the first place at the start if later you are paid £75 if you haven't?"

Bloody good question!

I assume that the £75 is coming from analinguous in the form of a bribe and is not some sort of rollover payment from DWP e.g. to tide over till payday which would be paid anyway. If I'm right (and you of course!) then it would literally pay everyone not to sign the waiver initially. People do because thay are sheep and intimidated by the pseudo authority of the pimps.

We need to keep spreading the word and encourage non conformism. Without dissent there is no freedom.

The tide seems to be turning, the pimps have realised that those that have some nous are not signing the data waiver's, its only a matter of time before the gravy train runs out of Bisto.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I assume that the £75 is coming from analinguous in the form of a bribe and is not some sort of rollover payment from DWP e.g. to tide over till payday which would be paid anyway. If I'm right (and you of course!) then it would literally pay everyone not to sign the waiver initially. People do because thay are sheep and intimidated by the pseudo authority of the pimps.

We need to keep spreading the word and encourage non conformism. Without dissent there is no freedom.

The £100 'return to work' payment plus 4 weeks worth of benefit run-on should come direct from the DWP if you've been claiming for more than 26 weeks, and as it's benefit related, should be payable even if you've refused DPA consent.

There's the paragraph in the consent form that reads something like "Your entitlement to benefits will not be affected if you choose not to give consent" So it can't be witheld by the provider and dangled in the form of a bribe for signing

If Injurous want to offer a further payment of their own for signing the consent form (that'll be rendered useless as soon as the cash is recieved) then that's their problem, plus as you'll have already signed-off there's no comeback on money eaned/recieved.

The question is, how much can we get out of them? If they're willing to offer £75, then why not try and and negotiate upwards and demand a bigger sum. You could always call it an administration fee, afterall, that's the same wheeze the banks play!