I received a Housing Benefit & Council Tax Reduction Review Form

Foebane72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got one of these forms today from the City of Cardiff Council, and I have a few questions about the form itself:

1. In Section 2 - Does anyone else normally live with you and your partner? - I live in a House of Multiple Occupancy where complete strangers move in and out all the time, and I've been told that I don't need to include these other tenants of the landlord's when answering this question, nor filling out their details in the form - can I omit them?

2. In Section 3 - Are you and your partner getting any benefits? - I have been at my current address for 17 years so far and the rent has increased slightly (and when my HB doesn't cover it all, some of my ESA goes towards the rent) but my benefits have remained unchanged (on my side), aside from small rises in line with inflation (on their side), so with the question "Have you or your partner's benefits changed since your last claim", can I say "no"?

3. In Section 8 - Rent - My rent has increased a few times over the years, but I never saw it as a change of circumstances, and I have no idea when the last change was, so what do I say?

The rest of the form seems fine for me to fill in, but I'm worrying about anything being seen as a change of circumstances, which might trigger a move to Universal Credit. Will this happen?

1) yes.

2) Correct answer no.

3) Report current rent amount and date the rent changed

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The form also says that I should send original documents as proof, not photocopies (as far as I can tell). So how do I get them back? I was going to take photos of each page of the documents, just in case they don't return them to me.

they mail them back recorded.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Another thing: When I list benefits received, do I mention the current award of Housing Benefit I get? It's not mentioned on the list of examples of benefits, and it is a review form about Housing Benefit, so I'm not sure if it's required. I've already listed my ESA award.

cant hurt

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...