Another complaint about carcraft & a warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x

ok anyone who can give me advice on this on please

Me & my wife bought a Land rover freelander from carcraft Leeds 3 months ago i didnt go in to buy a freelander i only went in to buy an estate car for running the dogs i have around but when i took the wife to look at a couple i had picked out she didnt like any of them. But while we were there the salesman must have spotted my wife eying up this freelander softback so of course he walked us back past it anyway over £10k later we ended up buying it the wifes company give her an allowance each month to pay for it which is just as well.Had i known that she was interested in a freelander & wanted to spend that much i would have gone to a dealer.

We were given the option of driving away the same day but to do this we needed id so i was sent home to get id & drivers licences ETC.While i was away they said that they were going to talk about the finance with my wife which was ok but when i returned not only had the sorted the finance but had also sold her an extra 3 years warranty on top of the 2 years they offer as standard at a cost of £2500 which was tied in to our HP agreement this i was annoyed with as i had questions about the warranty & everytime i brought it up i was told that it is all covered & not to worry(HaHa).

we paid off the finance including the extended warranty last month we'd sold our house & moved away to essex. Not long after this there started an almighty rattle from the engine i phoned carcraft who told me to phone a company called NAC who the warranty is with they told me to take it to a vat registered garage & have it inspected so we took it to land rover in chelmsford who told us that the inlet manifold had gone & needed replacing at a cost of £905 we exlained about the warranty & they phoned NAC & got authorisation from them.NAC said ok as long as we produce the service history heres where the problems start.The car was sold to us without any service history nor handbook at all so when i asked NAC about this they said that the car was sold at 52000 miles on the clock the milage the land rover garage gave them was 60000.This would have been one of the questions i would have asked how often does it need servicing apparently its every 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.Carcraft never mentioned a word of this while selling the car if i had known this i would not have took the extra warranty the dealers themselves reccomend every 12000 miles for a service.

I know that 8000 miles in 3 months is a lot but i'm from the north east & had to make a few journeys up north for family issues.

When i phoned NAC to make a claim i asked about there being no service history & what i needed to do. I was then told that the warranty was void as i had not serviced the vehicle since purchase i started getting irate at this time & basically said "so this warranty we have paid up for for 5 years at a cost of £2500 which we have only had for 3 months is now not even worth the paper its written on" to which i was replied "yes" i then handed the phone to my wife as not to really blow up & tell them what i think of them on the phone & make matters worse.

Nac did send us warranty card through the post as to what is covered & what is not but at the time i recieved it like i said i was dealing with family issues & i have to admit didnt read it fully it does say in the smallprint that the car needs to be serviced every 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.

It also says in the smallprint "Failure to comply with this servicing requirement will end your cover under this guarantee & no refund of premium shall be given"

I have been screwed here havent i is there anything i can do to make them honour this or even give me a refund for the extended warranty which i really do not want anymore we have not used the two years warranty that carcraft advertise you get with all cars sold there so can i ask for the extended warranty to be refunded

Any Advice on this would be great

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what your rights are on this but I work for a main car dealership and see customers on a regular basis who have bought cars from Carcraft and who come to us with the NAC Guarantee completely unaware of the small print and how it can catch you out.

I think that with regards to your warranty there isn't anything you can do now to reinstate it as you've failed to comply with the terms and conditions but you may have some comeback with Carcraft themselves if they have failed to inform you of the terms of the warranty.

Too often sales people sell vehicles with warranties that "cover everything so you'll have nothing to worry about", without highlighting your part in the agreement. They also fail to pass on that diagnosis of the fault cannot be claimed back through the warranty and is chargeable to the customer. Warranties like these generally will only cover replacemnent of the failed component.

Also were you sold the vehicle knowing that there was no service history and if so should they be warranting a vehicle at all that hasn't been properly maintained? And if Landrover state the service intervals are 12000 miles or 12 months isn't this good enough?

All I can tell you is that there are postings on other sites that say NAC Guarantee is wholly owned by Carcraft themselves and if this is true in my opinion they are failing to pass on the service regulations of the warranty in order to profit from the sale without any future outlay.

Hope you get somewhere with this. It sounds very unfair!

• 1 month later...

You have your facts a bit wrong which really does show that you haven't read your NAC booklet at all. The booklet says that if you do not know when your car was last serviced then you will need to make sure that it is serviced within 6 months or 6000 miles from date purchased. After this the car can be serviced according to the manufacturers recommendations. Because you have done 8000 miles and haven't had your car serviced you have voided your warranty. It's all very well blaming other people but you had the booklet from day one and had 30 days in which to cancel the warranty if you weren't happy with it. If you spend that much money on a product you make the time to read the booklet to see exactly what you've paid for.8-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone had any resolve from any of the NAC warrenties or Car craft? Ive just been stung by them - and I had mine serviced within 6 months. Apparently its a common fault that NAC wont cover - nor will Nissan fix as there is no service history before I bought the car. The timing chain is loose and will cost 900 quid to fix.... happy christmas. Let me know if anyone has had any luck here....?

• 4 months later...

Hello all i am new to this site and wish to make another complaint about car craft warranty.

This is not worth the paper it is written on i have a stamped service history book with my car and when i came to make a cliam they now also want invoices which car craft did not give to me on the purchase of the car. Now i am trying to get hold of them of car craft they say they cant help and NAC think i am the sort of person to to walk in to a garage and make a theft of a service stamp. The man at NAC who calls himself a manager was very unhelpful and needs to go on some sort of customer service training.

Was i sold this policy on a false pretense as car crarft should have provided all that was needed to make a claim not just a service book.

If car craft are selling this policy and not giving all the correct infomation that is required are they not liable for any action against them.

Any help please

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all i am new to this site and wish to make another complaint about car craft warranty.

This is not worth the paper it is written on i have a stamped service history book with my car and when i came to make a cliam they now also want invoices which car craft did not give to me on the purchase of the car. Now i am trying to get hold of them of car craft they say they cant help and NAC think i am the sort of person to to walk in to a garage and make a theft of a service stamp. The man at NAC who calls himself a manager was very unhelpful and needs to go on some sort of customer service training.

Was i sold this policy on a false pretense as car crarft should have provided all that was needed to make a claim not just a service book.

If car craft are selling this policy and not giving all the correct infomation that is required are they not liable for any action against them.

Any help please

In your NAC policy booklet it does state in black and white that the only accepted proof of servicing is the VAT invoice and if you don't have these you don't have full service history so would have to have had serviced within 6 months /6000 miles as stated.

As they are used vehicles carcraft can't guarantee to pass every aspect of the car onto you if not given it themselves.

• 2 months later...
any Advice Would Be Great!!!!!
U may be better off starting your own Thread, on behalf of your Friend, instead of hi-jacking Fishface101's??!...;)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 5 months later...

You should be very careful about buying warranty from Carcraft and NAC.

We have had numerous problems with claims and NAC will use every possible loop hole to avoid payment.

The complaints procedure is totally biased towards the Company and can only be done in writing.

You cannot even contact the Adjudicator other than by writing to a PO Box number. Therefore, trying to find out what is happening is virtually impossible.

I really can't undedrstand why Carcraft have not done something about this, as the internet has many examples of customers all experiencing the same problem.

Could it be that they are fuuly aware of this but are happy to take the money?

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased a car from carcraft and regret it more than anything.

I have had 5 probelms in 5 months, it is a pile of crap!!

Cant believe how incompetant the staff are bunch of monkeys!!

Rude, thick imbecils, lying cowboys.

I have contacted trading standards and they are now getting involved.

The lady who said you should read your warranty after spending so much money, well it would help if i actually received mine! and also any documents for that matter, all i received was a the bank details and personal information in my glove conpartment of another customer!!

Nice one carcraft!!

Hope for the sake of everyone, this company goes bust!

Don't NAC have to be licenced by some authority that you could complain to in addition to trading standards? Don't they have to have some sort of licence? Something like an insurers licence.

Pehaps someone has some info on this.

• 4 weeks later...

The CARCRAFT / NAC £300 per claim limit wasn't explained to me until after the event. I would ask everyone to spread the word on this CON. This warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Read Exclusions 25 in the T&C. "Wear and tear or gradual breakdown of the covered parts". What a GetOut.

I'm also in the process of claiming for a CD changer that I was told was in the boot but wasn't when I checked after delivery. Carcraft response was that they could only find the packaging so the previous owner may have it!

Would I shop at CARCRAFT again - NEVER - LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW BAD THEY ARE.

From another website with equally bad customer experience of Car Craft.

Previous employee of carcraft could tell you stories that would make your hair curl. For example there is a long running joke among its employees that the NAC warrenty doesn't stand for National Automobile Cover (which again is owned by carcraft) but "Nothing at All Covered"

The lady who said you should read your warranty after spending so much money, well it would help if i actually received mine! and also any documents for that matter, all i received was a the bank details and personal information in my glove conpartment of another customer!!

Nice one carcraft!!

• 4 weeks later...

I also was misled by (CARCRAFT LEEDS) with this usless warrenty. i purchased a BMW in Feb 2007 first thing was the electric window motor took it to Nationwide and guess what wear and tear and again a few months later because of an oil leak from the engine and again wear and tear:mad: so in the end i sold the car in November 2007 as it was costing to much money for repair when this so called warrenty was supposed to cover everything so the so called salesman at carcraft said.

I tried to cancel this warrenty and guess what you cant cancel it or transfer it to another car, very unhelpful so i called the finance company Creation Consumer Finance to see if they could help, they were more simpathetic but couldnt help either because it was a personal loan carcraft had got me for this warrenty and i have to continue paying £38.78 per month for another 3 years, what a con:mad: . Today I have rang Trading Standards and Consumer Organisation and thought they would be of help but they also dont want to know because i should have read all the agreements before signing anything ( silly me) when you have a pushy sales manager is bombarding you with so much paper work to sign that must have cost one tree to be chopped. I will advise anybody not to buy a car from Carcraft and certainly do not take there NAC cant use warrenty:)

I gat intouch with Trading Standards today and all the advice i got was you should have read your agreement before signing and there is nothing i can do just continue paying for the next 4 years even though i havent got the car any more as to many problems with it and the warrenty didnt cover (wear and tear) as like with everone else its not worth the paper its written on.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all just to say that if i went to buy a car i would consider a guarantee on it as i dont know anything about cars or how to fix them. what i do know is that it costs me alot of money to fix them. I do know someone who had an NAC guarantee an it paid out £1456 for there gearbox and front suspension, it did helped them as they couldnt afford to pay that. i also know smeone who had one and it didnt payout for the cam shaft sensor but then this isnt covered! also i see people didnt realise they had these and that they didnt sign for them. so what were you doing that day you bought a car??? sure as hell wasnt paying attention! ive never signed anything in my life without reading top to bottom, i even check toilet paper before using it just to be safe. these gurantees work on law of averages and obviously peace of mind which lets be realistic convinced you! ive noticed on this site everyone has bad press about these people. i know people who have bought cars off different companies throughout the uk some have had problems some havent. If you spend all you time moaning about what happend you aint going to get anywhere. it all comes down to the fact you wasnt paying no attention the day you bought a car so whos fault i ask???

as for some people, a litle bit of advice if you buy a guarantee whether it costs you £500 or £2500 your paying for it so surely you want to know what it covers and what it doesnt and if there are anything that can stop it paying out. seriously i would know it inside and out. i think its time the nation who complain realise that there incompetence led them to believe that the sun is always shining! only in noddy land im afraid.

I too have been had by carcraft and the nac guarantee! like you I was told after the fault occured that the warranty was void due to lack of service history, however my car was serviced by a mechanic but it wasnt done at a vauxhall dealer and apparently this doesnt count!! information that would havde been useful when i signed the agreement.

it is about time that there was something put in place to protect people such as us so that no body else gets conned into an agreement with either company. it is extremley unfortunate for us that we cannot claim anything back but i hope that people will read these posts and NOT consider buying from them.

my advice is make sure that you spread the word to all of your friends and family and anyone else you know that they SHOULD NOT buy a car from them on finance or outright purchase they will be had. If you do get any joy or find a way to reclaim your money please let me knowas i am out of pocket by a couple of thousand pound too!!!!!

:-x

ok anyone who can give me advice on this on please

Me & my wife bought a Land rover freelander from carcraft Leeds 3 months ago i didnt go in to buy a freelander i only went in to buy an estate car for running the dogs i have around but when i took the wife to look at a couple i had picked out she didnt like any of them. But while we were there the salesman must have spotted my wife eying up this freelander softback so of course he walked us back past it anyway over £10k later we ended up buying it the wifes company give her an allowance each month to pay for it which is just as well.Had i known that she was interested in a freelander & wanted to spend that much i would have gone to a dealer.

We were given the option of driving away the same day but to do this we needed id so i was sent home to get id & drivers licences ETC.While i was away they said that they were going to talk about the finance with my wife which was ok but when i returned not only had the sorted the finance but had also sold her an extra 3 years warranty on top of the 2 years they offer as standard at a cost of £2500 which was tied in to our HP agreement this i was annoyed with as i had questions about the warranty & everytime i brought it up i was told that it is all covered & not to worry(HaHa).

we paid off the finance including the extended warranty last month we'd sold our house & moved away to essex. Not long after this there started an almighty rattle from the engine i phoned carcraft who told me to phone a company called NAC who the warranty is with they told me to take it to a vat registered garage & have it inspected so we took it to land rover in chelmsford who told us that the inlet manifold had gone & needed replacing at a cost of £905 we exlained about the warranty & they phoned NAC & got authorisation from them.NAC said ok as long as we produce the service history heres where the problems start.The car was sold to us without any service history nor handbook at all so when i asked NAC about this they said that the car was sold at 52000 miles on the clock the milage the land rover garage gave them was 60000.This would have been one of the questions i would have asked how often does it need servicing apparently its every 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.Carcraft never mentioned a word of this while selling the car if i had known this i would not have took the extra warranty the dealers themselves reccomend every 12000 miles for a service.

I know that 8000 miles in 3 months is a lot but i'm from the north east & had to make a few journeys up north for family issues.

When i phoned NAC to make a claim i asked about there being no service history & what i needed to do. I was then told that the warranty was void as i had not serviced the vehicle since purchase i started getting irate at this time & basically said "so this warranty we have paid up for for 5 years at a cost of £2500 which we have only had for 3 months is now not even worth the paper its written on" to which i was replied "yes" i then handed the phone to my wife as not to really blow up & tell them what i think of them on the phone & make matters worse.

Nac did send us warranty card through the post as to what is covered & what is not but at the time i recieved it like i said i was dealing with family issues & i have to admit didnt read it fully it does say in the smallprint that the car needs to be serviced every 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.

It also says in the smallprint "Failure to comply with this servicing requirement will end your cover under this guarantee & no refund of premium shall be given"

I have been screwed here havent i is there anything i can do to make them honour this or even give me a refund for the extended warranty which i really do not want anymore we have not used the two years warranty that carcraft advertise you get with all cars sold there so can i ask for the extended warranty to be refunded

Any Advice on this would be great

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

read my car craft thread its recent CarCraft Don't buy from there I think I called it,

For some advise ring 0845 404 0506 Trading Standards! Got some wicked advice from there.

They told me Supply of good implyed terms act 1973, Car is not satisfactory quality becuase of (eg) Gearbox and clutch and you are intitled to repair or a replacement!!

If you can't win through warrenty hit car craft! Again if they refuse (which they can't its common law) hit the finance company, trust me if u don't pay your payment they soon be telling you it's THIER car! See if they like it when you tell them THIER cars is broken! Many roots you can go down not just the warrenty one! You won't get anywhere! Seriously would suggest a phone call to the above number! They'll expalin you rights!

• 5 weeks later...

As a former employee of Carcraft, I am dismayed at some of the comments made on this website! It really does beg belief that people would choose to buy a product without reading the small print. It really does show the narrowmindedness of some people!

The NAC Guarantee is a GUARANTEE not a WARRANTY and therefore has different rules and regulations. Its also supplied by NAC which is NOT part of Carcraft, but is owned by its parent company. Carcraft therefore have no say over the product and cannot assist should a dispute arise.

It is obviously the product of choice sold at Carcraft stores but it is not the only guarantee or warranty you can buy with a second-hand vehicle. If you don't take an NAC Guarantee, buy an AA Warranty or Welcome Guarantee (if your car was bought through Welcome Finance). I think you will find that all these products cover more or less the same items.

Cars are unpredicable. Especially second-hand cars. Who knows what kind of wreckless driver may have had it before you. Places like Carcraft, Car Shop, Car Land, Motorpoint etc thoroughly check their cars before sale but if you are concerned - buy new! Simple as!

I have dealt with customers who have had problems after buying a car before. The actual percentage is very, very low. I'm not blowing the Carcraft trumpet here but they do look after their customers and spend a lot of money recovering vehicles and repairing them under their 90 day guarantee. Every effort is made to minimise inconvenience to drivers but until you see the operation from the inside you really do not appreciate what goes on behind the scenes!

To end on the above comment from 'mease', it is extremely foolish to avoid paying your finance company for your car. This has devastating effects on your credit status and could end in the car being repossessed!!! I WOULD AVOID AGAINST DOING THIS!!! Yet again another narrowminded comment...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one carcraft!!

No Jokes! I bought a Renault Megane 12months ago and since then it's been in the garage more times than I care to imagine. I've had a new injector, a problem with the seatbelt Airbag, 4 new brake discs (with bearings as the Megane has them integrated), 2 new sets of pads on all 4 wheels, 4 new tyres, 8 new bulbs, a new suspension coil, a new mid-section and backbox on the exhaust (with brackets as they snapped off too!), the doorlock didn't work after wet weather but has now dried out and works again and as I type this it's in the garage being diagnosed with another injector failure (which apparently doesn't happen on Renault Megane's but is common on Citroen's). Not to mention that I've had to have it serviced twice and the MOT which means it's spent about 2months out of 12 in a garage. But enough about the shed I bought from Carcraft Leeds/Wakefield.

I too bought my car on finance (with payment insurance that cost me £250 to cancel after the first week!) and was sold the extended 3-year guarantee with everyone's favourite NAC. All well and good, some very nice "independent" financial advisor told me that if anything went wrong with the engine or transmission that it would be covered, handing me the very useful and informative NAC small print. Unaware to me that my suspension coil, brake discs and bearings are all covered. Unfortunately, I paid the repairs upfront, called NAC who told me to write in with all my details and receipts and my claim would be dealt with after the repairs (bearing in mind that it was carried out over a bank hol weekend and NAC only open M-F 9-5 except Bank Hols...not shocking considering they like to play god over the repairs!) So I got the car repaired and filled out the forms, sent them off and 2 weeks later the claims manager wrote back and (politely) told me to go whistle. So i called and the same gentleman was equally unhelpful and eventually told me "It's your car, you pay for the repairs" and then hung up (what happened to the customer is always right?). Furiously and frustratingly I let this slide...writing to Carcraft informing them of my displeasure and they too had washed their hands of me (very helpful!).

Now, my car has gone in AGAIN. I called NAC to get a garage where I wouldn't have to pay for the repairs upfront (Note the small print: On the rare occassion that we do not pay for repairs you have to cough up upfront and wait 2months for a cheque). So they said take it to Carcraft (ha, no chance!) or Nationwide Autocentres. So I take it to Nationwide Autocentre in Leeds (after 2 trips with a damaged injector!)...to be told 24 hours later that they can't help because they don't have the diagnostic tools and I would have to take it to Renault (where I have to pay for it upfront!). I now get a call from Renault saying "Diagnostic is £161.37 and NAC won't pay that". Nothing in the small print that says Diagnostic isn't covered and (as I'm sure most will agree) that would be classed as "Labour" which is MEANT to be covered. In turn, I hope to have my car in ship shape condition again tomorrow and I will be fighting for the £161.37 from NAC to cover my expenses...and they will pay...because some little

bureaucrat believes that what the leaflets says is binding law...so by their own admition diagnostic isn't on there and should be covered. Afterall, it's not my fault you have to have a Computing PhD to fix a car.:evil:

I too bought a car from crafty-car last year (carcraft Leeds).

I have to say that when you do buy from them they really do overwhelm you with all these added policies, I really couldn't wait to get out of the place after 4 hours wating, then would you believe it they said sorry but the cars Engine management lights come on so you can't take it,

Picked it up the next day Checked it over only to find the engine had been changed, they kept that very quiet, the bonnet catch had rusted up the bonnet was still open. And yet they put a 12 month MOT on it.

I called trading standards and they sorted out the finance and everything .

Never again carcrafty

I too bought a car from crafty-car last year (carcraft Leeds).

I have to say that when you do buy from them they really do overwhelm you with all these added policies, I really couldn't wait to get out of the place after 4 hours wating, then would you believe it they said sorry but the cars Engine management lights come on so you can't take it,

Picked it up the next day Checked it over only to find the engine had been changed, they kept that very quiet, the bonnet catch had rusted up the bonnet was still open. And yet they put a 12 month MOT on it.

I called trading standards and they sorted out the finance and everything .

Never again carcrafty

Oh yes I forgot to mention. I arrived at 9:30 in the morning and 1 Carcraft hour later (that would be SEVEN in human terms!) I managed to drive my car away.