Another complaint about carcraft & a warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your car was NOT brand new. it was used. it was a pre registered vehicle. you were the 2nd owner. it was a USED car.

therefore you invalidated your warranty due to your own ignorance.

sorry if that hurts but its quite simple.

you went to buy a used car. you bought a used car and thought it was new when carcraft dont sell new cars.

how hard can it be?????????????????

Sorry if this hurts but you appear to have difficulty with understanding what you read, or are just plain stupid. The fact I refer to the car as "new" when technically it is second hand may in your eyes make me "ignorant" but is of no relevance and has no bearing on the validity of the warranties in question.

Explanation why;

The car was preregistered and the log book showed Carcraft as the first registered keeper. I became the second. The mileage on the clock at the time of purchase was eight (8) miles - and it was me who added this to the milometer being the result of my test drive. The car was “as new” but technically second hand. Because of that I got the car serviced within 6000 miles of ownership -as per the NAC warranty TOC’s for a second hand car.

Carcraft gave assurance the vehicle had the balance of the manufacturers two (2) year warranty.

Carcraft threw in their one (1)year’s free warranty as a matter of course.

I purchased an additional NAC three (3) year warranty to run after the manufacturer’s warranty (or Carcrafts free warranty) expired- to extend the warranty cover to up to 5 years.

Sadly, Carcraft and NAC bungled the paperwork causing the three year NAC warranty to run concurrently (that means “running in parallel at the same time”) with Carcrafts free warranty and the manufacturer’s warranty.

To have all three warranties running concurrently was bonkers and in doing so resulted in the vehicle getting the benefit of only three (3) years warranty instead of up to five (5) i.e it cost me £350 for one extra years warranty when I should have recieved three extra years.

Nevertheless, from Carcraft’s and NAC’s point of view all the warranties were VALID.

It was the UK main dealers who did not recognise the NAC warranty scheme and it remains the case that the carcraft salesman failed to advise me of pertinent facts about the vehicle (like it was a grey import rather than official UK) and wrongly advised me the car had an on board computer with voice interface and a cd changer - which it didn't.

Based on this experience of Carcraft, NAC and extended warranties in general, I repeat the advice given in my original post; “stay well clear on all counts”.

Edited by Peter Dawson
Grammatical error

• 2 months later...

The nac warrantys are useless,they stipulate you must have the car serviced withjin 6 months its just another way of getting cash out of you carcraft have every loophole stitched up, your on there premises ,you take the car away that day, you have no rights under the 1974 consumers act, its under the timeshare act ,stay away from these (*%*^£$%) get in touch with trading standards and your M.P.

• 3 months later...
First of all just to say that if i went to buy a car i would consider a guarantee on it as i dont know anything about cars or how to fix them. what i do know is that it costs me alot of money to fix them. I do know someone who had an NAC guarantee an it paid out £1456 for there gearbox and front suspension, it did helped them as they couldnt afford to pay that. i also know smeone who had one and it didnt payout for the cam shaft sensor but then this isnt covered! also i see people didnt realise they had these and that they didnt sign for them. so what were you doing that day you bought a car??? sure as hell wasnt paying attention! ive never signed anything in my life without reaMding top to bottom, i even check toilet paper before using it just to be safe. these gurantees work on law of averages and obviously peace of mind which lets be realistic convinced you! ive noticed on this site everyone has bad press about these people. i know people who have bought cars off different companies throughout the uk some have had problems some havent. If you spend all you time moaning about what happend you aint going to get anywhere. it all comes down to the fact you wasnt paying no attention the day you bought a car so whos fault i ask???

as for some people, a litle bit of advice if you buy a guarantee whether it costs you £500 or £2500 your paying for it so surely you want to know what it covers and what it doesnt and if there are anything that can stop it paying out. seriously i would know it inside and out. i think its time the nation who complain realise that there incompetence led them to believe that the sun is always shining! only in noddy land im afraid.

I don't think it's a fully a case of people being incompetent I honk it's partly the case of Carcraft and it's associated companies making money from catching people out. The staff openly go out of their way to misguide you. So instead of going to spend a large amount of money on a car which is a really exciting prospect for most people, you have to approach buying a car like a fully qualified solicitor/investigator/accountant.

I fortunately saw the company for what they were before buying from them.

I wondered inside for a look not really wanting to buy but curious as to what was available to me. Saw nothing but was caught on the way out by a lovely salesman called Tom. Gave him the spec of the two cara me n my other half were interested in and he said he had both available in London that he will have brought up by the weekend for us. He said he would knock both cara down from £8195 to £5000 each and give us finance for £8000 and we could trade our cars in. He said the finance would be £150 a month for three years. We walked out scratching our heads.... Surely too good to be true. A few sums later it figured that we Wud b be paying £5400 back. A bargain!

We went back and said can we have that in writing, a few questions later and Tom admitted he was 'kippeted'. Openly admitted he had lied to us.

Cheers Tom.

• 2 months later...

As you say, this forum to assist people, if you have nothing to add other than 'should have read the small print' then you are off topic.

I suggest you start a thread of your own.

Post unapproved.

ok so if someone posts a response that you dont agree with then you remove it lol your a joke how is my comment off topic when the topic is about warranties and im advising everyone to READ THE SMALL PRINT thats bang on topic!!!! just because you dont like having positive comments and will only allow abd ones maybe thats why "there are no good ones" because you wont allow them on hahahahaha jokers!!!!!! no wonder people dont get an accurate view of these companies when the very people that are supposed to help them are being biased and only allowing bad reviews and posts!!!!!! again bunch of jokers!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm new to this and having trouble with this NAC Warrenty.

I got my car in Oct 2007 and not really had much in way of trouble until recently where there were 2 lights (Brake & Batterey) flashing on the Dash.

Panicked I have took it to numerous garages for diagnostics but no fault code stored so nothing picked up. At this points the numerous garage's I spoke too didn't want anything to do with the NAC Warrenty. One eve told me that if he did do it he would then have to charge me admin fee's because it take's that long to get payment.

Fed up and the lights have now gone from flashing to staying on I contact Car Craft due to the fact they have sold me a useless Warranty. They told me to take it straight down, to leave it with them and they would contact NAC to see if it's something that would be covered.

Long story short the Alternator needs replacing and it is something that should be covered by NAC, but they need service history.

Now I did recall the the guy who sold us the policy advised that the car needed a service in the first 6 months or 6000 miles whichever came sooner. Also stated on the warranty paper.

Did this then for a while continued every 6 months or 6000 miles, then realised that it was to be done inline with Car Maker's recommendation (so car was serviced more than it should have been) and is upto date as we speak.

So took book down to car craft to be told that I needed receppts (This is a new one and not stated on paperwork).

I gave them most receipts but didn't have the first ever one so they then told me Warranty is void without it even though the book is stamped and I can't cancel it.

They are saying anyone can stamp a book and that a stamped book on it's own not sufficient.

The manager of the garage even offered to call Carcraft, Nac and vouch that it was done in his garage or write a letter headed letter confirming it was done there. He doesn't have a copy of the invoice as his books don't go bak as far as early 2008.

I'm no stuck paying Carcraft to to the job.

What makes it worse is The meachanic and Lady dealing with this can see we are genuine and have done everything we should have. Only thing we have done wrong is misplace a 1 receipt.

Has anybody got any advice?

They will do everything possible to get out of paying out.

If this was me, I would be pondering over one of two choices, claiming back my premiums or sending them a letter before action.

What is the actual wording in the warranty about the alternator?

What is the actual wording in the warranty about servicing?

In regards to service history it just say's guarantee must be kept otherwise voids warranty (I have understood guarantee to be my warranty book). It does NOT state Receipt or invoice.

Nothing pinpointed at alternator but Carcraft rang them and they said they were told it should be covered if warranty all upto date.

They have basically accused me of have the book falsley stamped for the first sercice even though I have receipts for every other service.

Remember these are not "Warranties" but insurance policies against mechanical failure sold wrongly in my opinion as a warranty, so if the manufactuers state a yearly service and the warranty states every 6 months/6000 miles for the warranty to be valid to be valid you have to comply with the warranty terms and conditions...........not what the manufactuer says. In the T&C's it should state if receipted evidence is required over and above a stamp in the service book.

If you step outside of the servicing schedules, usually 10 days either side from memory they will bounce the claim and your "policy" is effectively null and void.

These policies are not worth the paper they are written on unless from a main franchised dealer such as an approved used car policy.

Read the one that Quinten Hazell...........sorry Wilson has been spouting on about...............aint worth Jack S**t. But then that's from a used car dealer. I trust my Spaniels opinion of cars more than him...........and he has been signed up to ascess ride quality belive it or not!

After persistent 'overheating warnings' on my Carcraft car i was dreading using the 'guarantee' after reading the experiences of others. Regardless of cover it needed fixing so i took it to my local garage. Helpfully they said that they would speak to NAC to get authorisation but that i would need to pay and claim it back. No problems with that in principle. After 2 days the garage said they had repeatedly tried to call NAC to get pre-authorisation to replace the temperature sensor but the phone was not being answered. Having 2 kids and being stranded for 2 days already i told the garage to go ahead - i needed my car back!

They did the work, i picked it up and paid - £89 (yes, small in the scheme of things).

I couldnt get through to NAC on the phone so i just filled in my claim form and faxed it off the the number i had, along with my servicing receipts which luckily i still had.

3 days later i received a cheque for £59.15. No letter to explain why it's less than my claim, just a cheque in an envelope. I cannot work out why it's less (the claim meets all the hourly rate guidance as far as i can see).

I have been trying for the last 5 hours to get through to the 'guarantee department' and am just being greeted by their recorded message.

So my advice? - STEER CLEAR

Yes, i was able to claim. No, they didnt try and wriggle out of it. And yes, i have received some of my claim. BUT customer service and ease of process is as important with these policies as the cover they offer - and these guys are far from easy to deal with. When i bought this policy i had 14 days in which to change my mind and in that time i investigated other providers. The cost was very similar so i stuck with what i had - BIG MISTAKE.

So, if you have a policy with these guys and still have time to cancel it and get your money back - DO IT NOW. Get a quote from someone else over the phone so you know they actually answer it.

Finally, if anyone has a direct number for these phone-shy people then i would really appreciate it ... and if i get one, i will share on every forum i can!!