Chronically low credit rating due to false derogatory remarks submitted to credit agency by NATWEST

Wizadoros
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 30 years of custom Natwest's draconian actions taken against me and sometimes unlawfully, for defaulting on my mortgage back in 2015 severely compromised my financial status, and my mental health.

They claimed that I failed to arrange a new mortgage product which wasnt true and after removing any online access to my accounts which were not in the red, they closed my current and business account and stopped my charge card. In fact when I called the customer helpline the day after I realised this had been done, there was no record of my existence. 

Despite the account being in dispute and a SAR requested in January 2016 but not receiving any documents until Jan 2017 NATWEST filed for repossession and was granted permission to do so. However, I turned my circumstances around and with financial help from family I had in fact overpaid by the end of that financial year by £7400.

No further defaults occurred and a new mortgage deal was offered that would be for the amount outstanding on the mortgage plus the arrears. It wasnt made clear that there were 7 months of late payment fees of £35,  litigation fees for £1036, arrangement failure charged at £995 for which I am awaiting an explanation for as no such failure occurred. There is also the sum of all the money that was in both my current and business account missing from the annual statements which they claimed to have put towards the mortgage when they closed my accounts. 

I had suffered from severe mental health issues thereafter hence why these issues are being raised now but they were highlighted when I tried to make sense of a persistently very low credit rating ever since the first default in 2015.

To my amazement Transunion reported that derogatory remarks have been and may well continue to be  submitted by NATWEST regarding defaults on my mortgage. These dont relate to 2015 but to a period starting July 2017 thru to January 2019. Annual mortgage statements from Natwest as well as my current account statements show payments were made in that period. 

I reported the matter to NATWEST 2 weeks ago and after 4 phone calls I received an acknowledgment of my filed complaint only yesterday. I have spoken to people from Financial support, the credit assessment team have been notified and now its in the hands of the complaints department. I am told this is a very peculiar case and every effort is being made to find the 'missing' money.

I have read your guidance on credit ratings in relation to banks reporting but other than filing a written complaint to NATWEST as my phone calls seem to be ignored and another to Transunion, is there anything else I should be thinking of and what kind of redress should i be asking for?

off to the FOS immediately 8 weeks expires regardless to if they have replied or not, if i's not sorted.

might be an idea to do a new sar.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...