UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You've fallen for this big time.

Do not communicate with them again. And for God sake don't offer them any money! You don't owe them a penny.

Parking in the 'wrong place' doesn't legally entitle them to any money. You haven't admitted liability because there is no liability on your part. If you offer them £45 they will

a) have a good laugh and pass your letter around their office / portakabin

b) carry on sending you threatening letters because you've proven that you don't understand their racket

Just ignore them, relax and get on with your life. As for B&Q being kind - they're the **** that have employed these cowboys in the first place. I'm sure you would be less accomodating if someone slapped a ticket on your trolley in Tesco for putting it in the 'wrong place' whilst you went to pick up some tins of beans!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al27, thanks for your reply. So what do I do if they do take it further, e.g. to another collections agency (with additional "costs") or to court (with further "costs")? Unfortunatley I have agreed that i was in a disabled bay which they show on their photos. What is my defence for not paying if it does go this far?

Hello PG. I think you should calm down over this and have a read of the forum. I think I'm right in saying that this is an invoice from a private parking company. You don't need to look very far for people who are ignoring or have ignored letters and threats from companies like this. And the companies don't like going to court.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

UKPC have never taken anyone to court.

A debt collection agency is just an ordinary company no different from Joe Bloggs plumbers. They have no powers apart from writing threatening letters. Their role is to give the impression they are bailiffs.

As for disabled badges, it has already been shown in court that the charge is unenforceable as it is not a genuine reflection of loss incurred and that it amounts a contractual penalty.

Hi Al27 and honeybee13. Thanks for your comments. I wish I had come across this forum 6 weeks ago. I only did so because the guy at Parking Collection Service Ltd said that I might be able to find a phone no for UKPC on the web - so I searched for UKPC!

Are you by chance both lawyers? If you prefer to reply to me privately, you can do so at pg23 at hotmail co uk.

Regards, Paul

Hi HB, thanks again for your reply. I was just wondering if your or AJ27's comments had legal merrit. I will wait to see if this goes further and if I need further legal advice. Had you or Al27 been lawyers, that might have been good to know. Please excuse me for saying, but you seem to me to have a more US style sign-off "My Best, HB" thank-you. Are you from the UK or the US, which might have a bearing on your comments? Regards, Paul

PG233,

First and foremost CALM DOWN. AL27 and Honeybee are both well established posters on this forum who have given excellent advice over the years. AL27 has helped many people who have actually had court papers issued against them and has beaten the PPC's everytime.

If you are not happy with their advice, either go and see a solicitor who will no doubt charge you for their time or pay the ppc and have done with it.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Great video, letshelp. I'd forgotten about that one temporarily.

Thank you for the accolade about giving good advice on the forum. I'm an escapee from Benefits and Employment really and would class myself as an apprentice to people like Al127. But I think I know a rip-off when I see one. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks very much letshelp and HB for your comments and for the video. This is my first time on this forum so it is good to hear endorsement of Al27, HB and of course letshelp. I'm sure you would agree that in general you have to be a little careful of who is telling you what on the internet. I had noted their time on the forum and number of posts. I will certainly be telling friends and neighbours about a great forum. Regards, Paul

• 2 weeks later...

This is the link (can't post the link, you'll have to google it!!)

However, in case it doesn't work/gets edited, this is the news (from the East Riding Mail Newspaper 14th December 2010):-

Court date for firm

HULL: A private parking company director has been committed to stand trial over charges relating to its operations in Hull.

The case against Rupert Williams and his firm UK Parking Control has been brought under consumer trading laws.

It will be heard at Hull Crown Court next month after Beverley magistrates rejected a claim by the defence that there was no case to answer.

I've been told the next date for the Crown Court is September..............please think carefully before posting ANYTHING which the defence might be able to grasp hold of to derail these proceedings.

Edited by Nev Met

I received a 'PCN' from UKPC on the 22/02/2011 for parking within the lines of my own designated parking bay... right outside my house!!! (I rent it...) Lots of other residents in my street also got a lovely yellow envelope, it's a private road used solely for residents parking. None of the residents had a permit and no one knows how to obtain one!!

I immediately appealed online to no avail (I didn't read the forums beforehand) and spoke to both companies on the phone yesterday, UKPC directed me to Parking Collection Services Limited (No s**t they're limited...) who said I had to pay and any questions are to be answered by UKPC because they issued the PCN!

I'm now kicking myself for getting so worked up about it.

(EDIT)

All the best ignoring these con artists!

Edited by freakyleaky
Threats of violence removed. Please read the site rules before posting.

• 4 weeks later...
As for the rest of the quotes from the invoice, its the normal load of tosh they write. Means nothing, just a crude attempt at intimadation.

Hello again! i have read some of the latest posts here and feel comforted. @ letshelp - thank you for posting the vid. i feel mcuh better with this.

However, I have just recieved a 'red' letter from Debt Recovery Limited. They have ramped my fee to £149.99 and threatening court action, sending baliffs etc. I am 95% confident in just ignoring these, the 5% based n the fact that 'what if' my fine is the one legitimate fine whereas everyone elses are genuinely uninforceable.

Just looking for someone to confirm (sorry! for the 1,000th plus time in some of your cases :-)) that I carry on ignoring this.....

Thanks again everyone

Hello again! i have read some of the latest posts here and feel comforted. @ letshelp - thank you for posting the vid. i feel mcuh better with this.

However, I have just recieved a 'red' letter from Debt Recovery Limited. They have ramped my fee to £149.99 and threatening court action, sending baliffs etc. I am 95% confident in just ignoring these, the 5% based n the fact that 'what if' my fine is the one legitimate fine whereas everyone elses are genuinely uninforceable.

Just looking for someone to confirm (sorry! for the 1,000th plus time in some of your cases :-)) that I carry on ignoring this.....

Thanks again everyone

Ignore away, thats what i did and the letters stopped.

If you have money to give away to begging letters or speculative unenforcible invoices PM me and I will send you one as well (end of the month and all that !), if you cannot afford to give money away needlessly then continue to ignore as "Debt" recovery are all part of the $ cam process.

Expect a few more scary red bordered letters, then they will realised you are wise to the whole con and leave you alone, (hopefully after wasting a bit more of their ever dewindling income sending out their silly threatograms) . STAY FIRM and stop worrying.

PS, FFS please stop referring to it as a "fine" it is nothing of the sort, only courts and legitimate officials like police officers can fine you, the PPC clowns have no authority whatsoever to "fine" anyone., They are simply a bunch of chancer muppets.

Edited by PPC $ cambuster

PPCs - Don`t pay their begging letters, don`t fall for the $ cam................. IGNORE PPC invoices

:amen:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am new to the website/thread and hope you may be able to help me. I recently received a UKPC £80 fine (reduced to £40 within 14 days) for parking within a university car park without displaying a visitor permit, although a permit was actually shown. The car is registered to a family member who is out of the country travelling for at least another 3 months, hence the letter was sent to their address.

I phoned the UKPC and advised that I am collecting the family memeber's post and on their behalf would like to know who the driver was so that the fine can be re-directed to them. The woman at the UKPC stated that the company did not know who the driver was, but if the driver does not pay the fine rolls on to the car owner? Is this correct as I couldn't see it stated anywhere? And if not what would you advise me to do next, as I don't want my relation getting a court summons due to me not paying a parking fine?

I have read the forum and was quietly confident that the letter could be ignored after the watchdog video and varoious comments posted, but the Citizens Advice Bureau told me this morning that their system says the fine can be pinned on the owner if the driver is not found?

Heeeeeeelp!!

Thanks

Darren

The Citizens Advice Bureau (along with with Consumer Direct in England) are wrong and they are giving out wrong advice on these matters.

All of these Private Parking Companies rely heavily on "social conditioning". The internet is littered with the same sound advice 1) Ignore the PCN "invoice" and 2) do NOT contact the Private Parking Company and 3) get on with your life and stop worrying because there's nothing to worry about.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks