UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my first parking ticket from UKPC and was really upset. 40 years of driving and never a ticket until today. The ticket says Vehicle Owner Left Site, which I certainly didn't as I only had two hours to do my Christmas shopping and couldn't waste a minute. Plus, it was a retail shopping site and there was nowhere else to go! The attendant said he had made a mistake on the ticket and it should have said Vehicle Parked Out of Marked Bay and showed me a photo he'd taken as evidence. Thank heaven I found this forum as I was about to send a letter with receipts showing I had not in fact left the site.

Someone at the site told me he had received a few tickets from UKPC and told me the ticket was invalid as there was no warden number and the contravention was incorrect anyway.

It's absolutely appalling how these people can get away with doing this. How many unsuspecting souls have fallen foul of this and paid up without a fight? Another lady at the site told me she was going to pay her fine early as she didn't want to have to pay the full £90. I wish I'd taken her number so I could have told her about this site and the advice here.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my first parking ticket from UKPC and was really upset. 40 years of driving and never a ticket until today. The ticket says Vehicle Owner Left Site, which I certainly didn't as I only had two hours to do my Christmas shopping and couldn't waste a minute. Plus, it was a retail shopping site and there was nowhere else to go! The attendant said he had made a mistake on the ticket and it should have said Vehicle Parked Out of Marked Bay and showed me a photo he'd taken as evidence. Thank heaven I found this forum as I was about to send a letter with receipts showing I had not in fact left the site.

Someone at the site told me he had received a few tickets from UKPC and told me the ticket was invalid as there was no warden number and the contravention was incorrect anyway.

It's absolutely appalling how these people can get away with doing this. How many unsuspecting souls have fallen foul of this and paid up without a fight? Another lady at the site told me she was going to pay her fine early as she didn't want to have to pay the full £90. I wish I'd taken her number so I could have told her about this site and the advice here.

Glad you found us here before you paid. You are right just ignore it and any future letters. Oh and Welcome.

It's absolutely appalling how these people can get away with doing this. How many unsuspecting souls have fallen foul of this and paid up without a fight

They get away with it because too many people are still falling for the [problem] inspite of newspaper reports and BBC Watchdog - tell friends, foes, relatives, colleagues etc. to help cut down their income

Be prepared for several invoices from the PPC followed by a couple from them pretending to be debt collectors followed by further waste paper when they pretend to be a solicitor

Ignore everything works very well

! The attendant said he had made a mistake on the ticket and it should have said Vehicle Parked Out of Marked Bay and showed me a photo he'd taken as evidence.

A photograph of a vehicle 'evidence'. it is evidence of nothing they are just too stupid to realise that.

Thank heaven I found this forum as I was about to send a letter with receipts showing I had not in fact left the site.

Yes and welcome. Why anyone would want to justify themselves to a private company is beyond me, it gives them the credibility they crave.

Total nonsense the tick is invalid anyway.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new here, read many of the posts, but cant find my circumstances here. Parked at UKPC site, parked here many times, I get the '2 hours free with a ticket' thing, got my ticket as always, put it on my dashboard, got a yellow bag stuck to the screen anyway!!!

Should I a) ignore anyway or b) send them a copy of the ticket and a brief letter explaining why I wont pay?

Any advice fore least hassle appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All. Got a ticket Nov 2010 for parking 5 min on private business car park. There are warning signs next door which appears to have a contract with UKPC.,and apparently I parked on that neighboring ground, with no clear boundaries. I admitted parking outside the business that has no contract with UKPC in writing/ registered writing and possibly in a phone call as well. They claim I needed a permit to park there. I appealed online, which they ignored, advised me to appeal in writing and were going to put my case on hold, but 2 days after sending appeal by post had letter from debt collecter Ltd. Was advised to ignore the letter following phone call to UKPC and wait for response to my appeal. A week later had next Debt collector letter with increased charges. I never saw photographic evidence.I am not the owner/keeper of the car.

Please help! I am so angry with these people.

I know it seems hard at first to ignore these PPC but , realy, the easiest thing in the world is to ignore them totaly. They are not interested in anything you say, your "appeal" WILL be turned down.

The best way to frustrate them and upset them is to totaly ignore them, that way they waste money on sending you letters and they get nothing in return for their efforts. If everyone did this they would soon be out of buisness.

I speak from experience. IGNORE them and get on with your life.

Nothing will happen to you.

hello all:-)

I am not the owner/keeper of the car.

Please help! I am so angry with these people.

You say you are not the RK of the vehicle, but who is? The reason I ask is that if it is a company car or hire car, there is a danger that the company or hire firm may pay them when they receive a letter and charge it on to you (usually with an "admin fee" hike!)

If the RK is your partner or father or someone like that, then at least you are safe to pass on the advise from CAG and tell them to ignore any of the junk mail from the PPC.

Hi. I just joined the forum and feel strongly that justice should prevail. As I don't know my legal standing, but acting upon advise from people like yourself who have been in the same situation, I feel strongly the need for very stringent regulation of companies like UKPC. What can we do???Is there already an online petition? I am sure we could get an email chain going to sign it. Any ideas?

Trust me the very last thing you/we want is Government regulation it would give the PPC's the legitimacy they crave. The Government would probably also approve 'invoices' in the sum of £100+.

At the moment the PPCs are on a hiding to nothing and are starting to really feel the pain of forums such as this, I would be tempted to leave things as they are.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I got a ticket yesterday (w*nkers!!). However I have read through much of this thread and I have some questions, so if you can, please help/advise....

My UKPC ticket states on the back that it is fully in accordance with the 'Administration of Justice Act 1970'. One of the posts on here quoted this act, but the post was a couple of years old i think. Could they now have become compliant with that act??

Also, - this is from their website:

Common defences and why they don't work

The charge is unfair

When we take them to court, people often claim that they decided not to pay the parking charge as they felt it was unfair. However, we have never had a case where the judge has accepted this argument.

By parking at the site you indicated that you agreed to our terms, including the charges we’re entitled to make if you park in breach of the rules.

I wasn’t driving the car

This is a very common defence but a risky one. In many cases we’ll have photographic evidence to prove that you were the person who parked the car on-site.

If you state in court that you weren’t driving the car but are found to be lying, this could be considered as perjury. This is defined as the deliberate, willful giving of false, misleading, or incomplete testimony under oath, and is a serious criminal offence.

So - does this mean they have wised up and acted approrpiately now according to the law - or is this just the B/S that they are trying to ply me with to make me feel this is fully enforcabel?

Basically...my question is: should i

1) just ingore the charge notice and subsequent letters?

2) write the short letter (writing for cancellation as the RK....alleged contract was with the driver....I do not have to notify you of the driver etc.) and then ignore

3) actually try to appeal according to the formally laid out process.

Please please advise! Thanks!!!!!!!

Basically...my question is: should i

1) just ingore the charge notice and subsequent letters?Yes Ignore

2) write the short letter (writing for cancellation as the RK....alleged contract was with the driver....I do not have to notify you of the driver etc.) and then ignore "No Ignore don't encourage them

3) actually try to appeal according to the formally laid out process. There is no appeal this is an attempt for you to contact them

As for the rest of the quotes from the invoice, its the normal load of tosh they write. Means nothing, just a crude attempt at intimadation.

"In many cases we’ll have photographic evidence to prove that you were the person who parked the car on-site."

So how are they going to have that proof? Unless the company has a data-base showing the images and names of everyone in the country they have no way of identifying the driver. Even the police don't have this capability. Why do you think they have those photo appeals on Crimewatch?

Taking the 'I wasn't driving bit'

They have to send all the information they intend to use to you before they go to court, so they will have sent the photo to you as part of the evidence. That means you wouldn't have denied it was you if it was clear that it was and this wouldn't have gone to court at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you can help me please. I parked for a about 10 minutes a disabled space in a retail park whilst visiting B&Q in Slough and was dismayed on my return to receive a parking ticket from UKPC for £90 or £45 if I paid within 14 days. I wrote to them and explained:

1. I moved my car one space into the disabled bay because it was impossible to remove the item I was returning to B&Q from the side door of the car whilst in any other space. The disabled spaces have more room to the sides.

2. When I had removed the item from my car, the space I had previously occupied was immediately taken so I could not move back. This is also shown on the UKPC photos.

3. The transaction had already been agreed with B&Q so it only took about 10 minutes during which time I was ticketed, and I provided the timed credit note to prove this.

4. I have never previously parked in a disabled bay.

5. I have been unemployed with no salary for 2 1/2 years, so have great difficulty paying this.

6. The management of B&Q very kindly offered to contact UKPC on my behalf to ask for leniency.

My letter asked for leniency.

They replied with a standard-looking letter stating how it is important for 8.5 million disabled people to have parking but with no reference to my points or request. They stated that if I paid within 14 days the charge was £45 and after that £90. I replied stating how I very well understand the needs of disabled as both my mother and father are disabled and restating the above points and asking them to please respond. I was also informed by a UKPC operative in that car park that they can waive charges.

I did not receive any reply and instead received a letter from "Parking Collection Services Ltd" (whom I believe may be a connected company) with a demand for £90. When I called and explained that there had been no response to the points in my letter, they said that there had been a response and I must pay £90 or they will send a further letter and the cost will be approx £149. I could not ascertain whether this has the £90 included or would be an additional amount. They also said that UKPC do not publish a phone number and will not discuss appeals. I have been back to B&Q and their manager considers this extortionate and will try again to persuade UKPC.

Can you help me please? I guess I would be willing to pay the reduced charge of £45 but they are unwilling to enter any dialogue. I have also saved them the need to trace me and prove the matter, by having written to them.

This is a great forum and had I seen it earlier I wouldn't have entered into any correspondence with UKPC. I have since been advised not to respond to any further correspondence and demands from them. However I have i effect admitted liability to them so I was thinking of sending the following letter.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have now sought and received legal advice and am writing to inform you of the following:

1. I did not receive a reply to the points in my letter to you of (date) which is why I had to write again.
  2. The reply from your partner company, Parking Collection Services Ltd, said that I must pay £90 and when I spoke with them they said otherwise they will send a further letter and the cost will be approximately £149. It was unclear whether this has the £90 included or would be an additional amount.
  3. I have been advised to inform you that I am willing to pay £45 as per your parking notice.
  4. All further demands and threats to increase the charge will be ignored.
  5. If you do choose to take this to court, this letter and reasonable offer to pay £45 will be shown in evidence.

I leave it to you to advise me whether you accept £45 in full and final settlements of this matter.

Yours faithfully, etc

So the question is, should I send this letter or should I ignore all their demands even though I have in effect agreed that I parked in a wrong place? I look forward to any assistance please.

Edited by PG233

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks