Has anyone heard of liteGadgets?

pumpytums
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks latest update I was told by my cc provider that I had to wait 30 days before the could do anything ,I have since found out this is complete rubbish as under section 75a of the consumer act if you cannot (1) contact the supplier or (2) you have tried to contact them and they do not reply or (3) they cannot be traced .You can claim under this act BUT what you have to do when you talk to your cc provider is say the magic words "I AM MAKING A CLAIM UNDER SECTION 75 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT" they then deal with it in the right way, it seems that some try to fob you off like me till you do that .I could have probably got my money back by now if I had known this .For more info on the act read MARTIN LEWIS the money saving experts web page . Has anyone got a refund yet?????

My CC company would've received my letter today detailing what happened. I was surprised there wasn't any forms to fill in, they just wanted me to list the time of events etc. I did quote the section 75 details, so hopefully that will aid my case - especially as they'll never hear from Litegadgets / AR Supplies.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really strange how different cc companies deal with this mine T---O(big supermarket) has messed me about and are now sending forms to fill in, that might take up to SEVEN DAYS !!!!! to get to me then another 14 days before I get a update .You would think that as section 75 is LAW we would all get the same response???

All cc companies are governed under the same regulations. DO NOT let them tell you differently.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well a success story here - finally got my forms through from my CC company..took about 7 days to arrive. Filled out all the necessary - i also sent them all the emails i received and sent with an added page detailing the summary of exchanges, pointing out the dates, key comments etc. This was sent to them late last week. Just checked my bank and i got my money back! :)

I am also in the same situation as with a lot of people on here; placed an order for the ps4 (on 23rd Feb with a Visa Debit card) as it was in stock, enquired as to why my order hadn't been delivered, got the fatal email saying due to an increase in sales etc etc. Emailed them to cancel the order, got a response from a Daniel Strong (Which ive noticed other people have had) and was told money would be transferred within 7 days, and still no luck.

Noticed this forum and registered to have my say, I have contacted actionfraud and got my crn number. Also contacted my bank (Natwest) and asked for a chargeback, but because I have cancelled the order they need proof that it has been cancelled, which is where I think I may struggle. Because I still have all the emails, the first emails to confirm the order is from Litegadgets, but the cancellation is from this random Daniel Strong email. Will the bank take this as proof of the cancellation?

Furious I fell for this [problem] as I do a lot of online shopping and am desperate to get my money back.

Would anyone have an idea of where to go from here? Tempted to phone up my bank again and ask for a chargeback on the basis I haven't received the goods and not mention that it was cancelled, but would this incur other difficulties in my original dispute if it doesn't work?

Any help would be gratefully received.

You dont need teh cancellation confirmation. You have an actionfraud crime number. They can chargeback and liase with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi a Taylor you will me ok mate if you look at strongs emails the address is INFO@LITEGADGETS.COM so that proves it from that bunch of shysters and as you have said you are entitled to charge back as they have broken the contract by 1 not delivering 2 not being contactable 3 not replying to correspondence .Make sure you inform your bank what is going on at this thread as it will strengthen your case .Best of luck keep us up to date how you get on.

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the information given on this thread. Like many I fell for this too, but following the advice given here I managed to get my money back, even though I'd paid by debit, not credit card. In case it helps anyone else argue their case, or what sort of timescales might be expected, this is what I did:

01/03/14: Ordered PS4 using Visa Debit and received confirmation email from Litegadgets support.

04/03/14: AR Supplies took payment - received 2nd confirmation email from Litegadgets support stating a 5 to 7 day delivery timescale

07/03/14: Found this forum.

07/03/14: I email Litegadgets support asking them to confirm they will be sending me the goods. I wasn't expecting a reply (and didn't get one!) but wanted to show I'd taken reasonable steps to resolve with them before requesting a chargeback. I didn't cancel the order because I found it odd that they had recommended it to a previous poster (reading some of the more recent posts I now wonder if that's because they knew it might make it more difficult to get a chargeback?).

07/03/14: I contacted my bank (Royal Bank of Scotland), explained what was happening and asked for a chargeback. I was bounced round a few different departments but eventually got put through to Visa Debit Retailer Disputes (0845 366 0452). They asked what the expected delivery date was - I said 'today' figuring that it was over 5 days (earliest delivery estimate) from the initial order, and by the time RBS had done the necessary I'd have passed the 7 day mark (latest delivery estimate) too. Interestingly, they wouldn't let me put a block on AR Supplies taking any other payments.

10/03/14: I received a form from RBS in the post asking for details of the company, individuals, transaction dates/amounts and any other info I could provide. They gave me 14 days to respond.

10/03/14: I went to Action Fraud and reported Litegadgets/AR Supplies using the info found on this site (cheers guys). I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS STEP ENOUGH.

11/03/14: I received a crime number through Action Fraud.

12/03/14: I sent the form back to RBS in the post, including printed copies of the emails from/to Litegadgets, the crime number from Action Fraud and a few pages from this thread for good measure :)

29/03/14: I got a letter from RBS saying that the chargeback has been successful. I checked my account and there's the cash (showing as paid from AR Supplies, which feels good!).

29/03/14: I reserve a ps4 at Argos.

So getting your money back is possible even if you used a debit card. Hope this helps, and thanks again for all the useful stuff posted here.

Edited by benarkley
trying (and failing) to correct automatic links

You say the bank wouldnt let you block payments. Get a complaint to the regulators. They are not allowed to do that. At all.

Cheers mate, I did think it was odd. Odd enough to mention anyway. The advisor said that they 'couldn't cancel future payments before they were made' or something very similar. Perhaps she didn't understand what I wanted, although I thought I was being pretty clear...

The advisor is wrong and a full complaint must be made. You can cancel/block any payment you choose unless it is a payment made by court order.

I paid them on the 23rd Feb and was told the PS4 was in stock and would receive the goods in three days, I received a email saying it had been processed but no tracking number.They sent an email saying they were so busy that the tracking was not available. Another email said it would arrive in 10 days and asked if I would like a refund which I accepted. I checked my online credit card account and no refund. After a few more days I contacted my credit card company and told them. while I waited they phoned the number which did not ring of AR. They told me not to worry and credited the money back onto my account. Sorted. Remember banks pay into other banks, there is always a money trail and banks don't usually give out large cash because of money laundering it has to be booked. These fraudsters haven't worked it out ! I am with MNBA credit card.

:whoo:

If they've ran off, then probably nothing. Trading standards tend to go after the easy ones.

After my previous thread, I sent all the info I had to Natwest chargebacks department only to receive a letter yesterday stating:

'Whilst I sympathise with the circumstances you have detailed, I regret that we are unable to provide assistance on this occasion. The only line of enquiry available to us is when the retailer have supplied a confirmation by email or on their headed paper stating that they have processed a refund to your card. This must state the amount of the agreed refund along with your card number and clearly stating that it is a refund.'

In other words, Natwest are useless! I cant understand why other bank companies have been able to successfully chargeback the money, yet Natwest cannot?

My only other option is to head down to the bank on Monday, with all the info I have, as well as printouts from this forum, along with my actionfraud number, to show Natwest how they are failing to protect me as customer.

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am with this whole situation.

Escalate it to the ceo in a formal complaint.

Hi a TAYLOR

I had pretty much the same response verbally when I first started this but after many phone calls to my cc company Tesco and talking to a different person every time I finally got one who knew what they were talking about and got the charge back forms sent and they paid out , in your case I would print off all the relevant posts and other info and take them in person your branch of the bank and point out that all the other banks are honouring their legal obligation ,if they then fail to do so tell them you will raise it with the financial ombudsman which is also your right to do pointing out that it will not look good for them as it is shown via this forum other companies are giving charge back under the exact same conditions that you are in and this is an internet forum and do they really want all the negative publicity that they are now getting for not playing the game .Hope this helps let us know how you get on

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

my husband also ordered a PS4 from Litegadgets and ofcourse we did not receive it. We contacted our card supplier and were told we had to complete a form which we did, we then received a letter from RBS asking for a detailed letter of events.

We sent off the letter and included the details from our Action Fraud report (have to thank this thread for explaining about Action Fraud) we have finally received a letter saying we will receive a credit on our statement and that they are continuing to try and contact AR Supplies.

Just wanted to say, this thread gave us so much information on what to include when making the claim for return of our cash. We have learnt a lot from this experience, namely the advertising hype of 'pay by card for peace of mind' is a load of tosh! You have to jump through hoops and then pray you will get a refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Success!!!

Just had to comment back on this thread after a long wait (and battle!) to get my money chargedback into my account, of which it is now back in there and coming up as paid in full by AR Supplies LTD (Good feeling!!)

To successfully get this done I had to re-phone the Visa Debit Chargeback and Disputes team, and was advised by a lovely lady to make a fresh claim by email and instead of asking for an 'Unapplied Refund', to ask for a 'Non-received Goods' claim instead. This worked!

I seriously urge anyone who is still trying to get their money back to do everything this forum has suggested so far (Action Fraud etc) and claim through the chargeback system for Non-received Goods.

This forum was amazing and without it I very much doubt I would have been able to get my money back.

As a side note I was contacted by the police through email acting with Action Fraud about this company. So it is well worth contacting Action Fraud (All I done was followed the instructions on their website) and I really hope they get these [problematic]!

Good luck everyone, and thank-you for all your advice.

A R Supplies Limited was incorporated on 23 June 2008 as Cheap As Chips Manchester Limited.

The Company’s name was changed to A R Supplies Limited on 15 April 2013.

The directors of the Company have been: -

Name Date appointed Date resigned

Farhan Murtaza 01 November 2013

Raja Mehmood Khan 01 October 2013 01 November 2013

Alexander James Robert Rodgers 13 March 2013 01 November 2013

Richard Peter Jobling 24 September 2010 13 March 2013

Third Party Formations Limited 23 June 2008 13 March 2013

On 29 January 2014 the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills,

in accordance with the powers conferred upon him by Part XIV Companies Act 1985,

authorised officers of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to

investigate the affairs of the Company pursuant to Section 447 of the Companies Act 1985.

From the information and documents obtained it appears to the Secretary of State

that it is expedient in the public interest that the Company be wound up.

The grounds upon which the Secretary of State sought the liquidation of the Company were: -

1. Filing of false accounts and trading in a manner contrary to the public interest.

2. Failure to maintain, preserve and/or deliver up adequate accounting records.

3. Failure to co-operate with the investigation.

The Secretary of State presented his petition to the Court on 19 March 2014.

The Secretary of State also made an application to appoint the Official Receiver as provisional liquidator.

This application was heard on 21 March 2014 and the Official Receiver was duly appointed.

The petition to wind up the Company was heard by the Court on 19 May 2014,

the Company was duly wound up and the Official Receiver is now Liquidator.

• Haha 1