Total Wargamer Problems.

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Under European law they must refund your money within 30 days. Likewise, unless the retailer explicitly states that delivery will take more than 30 days, the buyer may cancel the order if the goods are not received within 30 days (and within 30 days after that, the buyer must have received the refund).

Note that in some countries, protection is even better: for example in Denmark, the online retailer may not charge your credit card until they physically send the goods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my lotr games workshop figures over 2 months after placing my order and after regular correspondence with them. All of my support mails were answered quickly, but didn't speed up the process. I eventually communicated that if they weren't receiving the stock from games workshop that I was happy to take it up with them to resolve. I received my stock soon after without the need for further communication. I wasn't in a hurry for the stock, so was prepared to wait, given the fantastic discounts on offer. My advice is if you want something quickly, go elsewhere. If you are prepared to wait, you will eventually get your items, but it will take time and effort. I bought £85 of stock (after the 30% discount),so the savings were considerable.

• 1 month later...

I ordered £150 worth of product from Total Wargamer on 22nd September.

They took ages to send me the items, and only sent me (less than) half of the order. I had contacted them already and they assured me it was being sent, only to send me less than half, with a note inside saying the other items were "To Follow."

I still have not received the other items (9th December). I received an email last week from them saying "Wasn't your order complete?" So I had to remind them they only sent half of it.

So what did I do? I contacted Games Workshop, clearly as a brand GW don't want stockists providing a poor level of service. GW have helped out and I told Total WarGamer that I contacted GW, they have finally said they will give me a refund within 1-5 days.

Let's see what happens...

What I would say though is that people should avoid Total Wargamer like the plague.

• 1 month later...

Have you tried to contact them? have you started their complaints procedure? Since your order hasnt been processed, were you charged? if so, have you got a chargeback from your bank?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello Renegadeimp,

I was charged the day I placed the order. The order was directly stated as "processed" but the status never changed since.

I contacted them by mail after 2 weeks, as it was the supposed delivery delay. (did not know about their complaint procedure, I just send mails and Paul A. replyied to me)

I agree with most people here that answer was kind and rapid. They proposed me to wait or be refunded.

I would really prefer to avoid refund as I was charged pretty much for foreign currency conversion.

So far I have contacted them 3 or 4 times, the answer was always the same: "please wait until next friday".

I had no problem waiting but I start to worry about my money, and also already had an issue with another retailer for discontinued GW items, I do not want to pass through this again.

I do not know if my bank offers chargeback, and if it would cover such a delay...

Many thanks for your considerated answer.

You are being fobbed off. Read the thread. Pity you arent in england or wales. You could use MCOL and sue him in court for your money back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 months later...

Registered just to add some info regarding TWG

They have now replaced their only phone with a robot that tells you 'you may only contact us via email'

Since they are sitting on my money/goods, I decided to use my initiative and contact their landlord. They guessed who I was calling about immediately - it sounds like a lot of people have had the same idea. I informed them that their tenant had effectively disconnected their phone and they said they would investigate.

They advised me that the store is open until 10pm on most weekdays if I wanted to pay them a 'personal visit' - sadly not an option for me though I'd love to have some facetime with the owner.

Still did not receive my order (from november 2013)... Still in touch with them by mail regularly, always stock problems to be resolved next week. I proposed to change my order for an easier one but they did not seem to understand why...

Still did not receive my order (from november 2013)... Still in touch with them by mail regularly, always stock problems to be resolved next week. I proposed to change my order for an easier one but they did not seem to understand why...

I'd just ask for a refund if I were you. It'll take up to a fortnight for them to even acknowledge it, but it's the only thing they're actually honouring.

My chat with their landlord leads me to suspect there's a 'Maelstrom situation' brewing here... ie using web orders to fund struggling bricks-and-mortar shop with little intent to supply online goods.

I made a order on the 15 of March 2014 and still no sign of it....first 2 reply's they had said they where waiting for stock. Have try to contact them again with facebook and there ticketing system and still no joy. I have now had to contact my bank to try and retrieve the fund. Its a really shame as I have always ordered from them before in fact i have spent well over £300 per order and they have always delivered...

Sad to say I wont be ordering from them again.....I would advise anyone else the same

After weeks of ticketing them, they finally responded with an order cancellation and promise of a refund.

A week has passed, but no sign of said refund.

Their "service" is beyond ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Please do yourselve's a favour and buy what ever you're after from someone else,even if it costs more. Promise you this company is not worth the hassle. Don't send goods out,wont refund, communication is the worst I've come across. Not sure how they can get away with what they do. I have had to contact my bank to start a claim back. Be warned!!!!

• 1 month later...

I created an account just to add an update about total wargamer. I placed an order with them over 2 weeks ago and after a week of nothing found this thread about how bad they were! I emailed them asking about my order and got a generic "your order is in a queue" response, so i cancelled the order and received an email saying i would get a refund within 30 days. I responded telling them that 30 days is unacceptable and i had contact sagepay (who handle there card processing and they replied that 30 days is UK legislation and gave me a link to a 15 year old piece of redundant legislation. I sent them an email with the link to the GOV web site which states the law regarding all distance selling refunds must be within 14 days of reciept of the refunded product, since they never posted they only have a few days left to complete my refund! I got a full refund the next day, Now i just have to get all my friends money back from them :s

How did your friend pay?

And that takes money from your bank?

Then get a chargeback going.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm Bernard from Paris.

As i'm looking too for a Total Wargamer refund, i just saw this discussion where you wrote :

"I sent them an email with the link to the GOV web site which states the law regarding all distance selling refunds must be within 14 days of reciept of the refunded product"

Can you please send me this link because i think i may have to wait for a long time......

Thanks by advance

dsr or the new consumer-contracts-information-cancellation-and-additional-payments-regulations-2013

are uk based only

not sure about similar eu regs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...