Total Wargamer Problems.

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I to have had problems with Total Wargamer.Took there free xmas postage offer and placed an order in November, they took immediate payment as they don't keep payment details! And told me no one else can either. Wonderland Models have my payment details and only charge nme when an item is in stock and been dispatched!I then had to wait through several weeks of there 'ticket system' and unanswered phone calls before getting the items.We vowed never to use them again, BUT thought it might hjust be the free postage was the problem - Oh no how wrong!!Currently I have 2 tickets open and am waiting for an order placed 21st Feb, opened ticket 27th Feb, got a reply same day - stock will be in in 48hours.I have replied to ticket wanting my items 4th, 7th, 7th (again), 8th March - No replies and opened a new ticket today.ALL phone calls go unanswered.My advice is stay away from them.Triple Helix sell 40k and have a quick dispatch time and do reply to emails. Stafford Wargames stock X-Wing and I got the items within 36hours of ordering, both do free postage over £10 also and Triple Helix 40k asre discounted.It will soon be my son's birthday and we are short some 40k figures - I am giving them another 24hours and then will be contacting my creit card company. Last time they asked me not too as they get charged an extra £10!

Edited by thesignaller

I got an email newsletter earlier today from a mini retail company I'd never heard of called Mythreal Miniatures. At first I put it down to bad memory but when I checked the address it had been sent to I found it was the one I use exclusively for online ordering as opposed to the one I use for general stuff like signing up to newsletters. There are only a handful of companies that have this order address and Total Wargamer is one of them as I'd ordered from them at the start of the year, an experience which I hope never to repeat.

After a bit of checking I found that Mythreal are connected directly with Total Wargamer if not simply the same people using a different trading name. The fact that they have used this email address to send out their unsolicited newsletter means they have used their client list rather than the list of people who have knowingly signed up to receive their own newsletter. Surely this has to be in breach of the data protection act in some way?

If anyone is thinking of doing business with Mythreal be warned that they seem to be subject to the same poor service as Total Wargamer and should be avoided accordingly.

I have been waiting over a month for my items (£80.00 worth) and still nothing. I have emailed and no reply. I have tried to call on numerous occasions and the line is either engaged or rings and rings and goes dead. I have now contacted my bank and asked them to reverse the transaction and I will have to fill in loads of forms and wait 45 days. I am furious. Please take my advice and avoid this company it will save you a lot of hassle.

• 1 month later...

Avoid Total Wargammer! Placed order over two weeks ago; still showing a 'processed'. You cannot ring this company as yu get an answer phone advising that they only accept emails. You send an email, you get no response! Sent several so far and no response to any (most answered within 24hours and 48 hours tops my ****). I will be contacting my credit card company to get a charge back as with the complete lack of any form of communication, I will not be able to get my money back any other way. Such a shocking company. I say again, avoid at all costs! there are many other companies out there (Wayland Games) who send orders out within days. This is the worst company I have ever come across. Far safer to buy your models elsewhere!

Fuzzy_Muppet, try emailing them and tell them that you want a refund otherwise you will be reporting them to your bank (or whoever you made the payment with) and you may possibly get a response. That is what I did in the end, I still did report them and began the process for getting my money back but also emailed them and told them what I was doing. Finally that got a response and they told me that they were cancelling the transaction and I would have a refund in 3 days. It was more like 7 days and I still processed all the forms for the bank. But hallelujah I got my refund and faster than it would have taken to have the money returned by the bank. Poor husband still paddies that he never got the models I promised him lol, but I would rather save a bit extra and buy from a reputable company in the future. I will NEVER use them again.

I have asked them to refund the money; no response as yet. I have also threatened reporting them to trading standards; no response as yet. All I can do is keep sending emails is they will no answer phones (completely reject the chance as 'ALL' phone calls goes straight through to voice mail advising to send any queries via email - which they never answer),

I would say to anyone who is think of purchasing form this company to take note of the many and recent negative experiences with this company.

I think the bank option is the best route to deal with this shocking form or a company - bad does not describe them.

• 4 weeks later...

i placed an order on 23rd April 2013 and haven't heard a peep out of them. no goods and no reply to emails. I've also experienced the 'emails only please' phone message, which is never a good sign. given that 99% of customer calls are chase ups on orders or complaints, he's obviously snowed under with unhappy punters! if he can't deliver he shouldn't be taking the money....

Never, I repeat never order a single item from this company, I’ve never experience anything as bad as these guys, do they even exist?? has anyone recently had an order fulfilled recently??

Way back on 29th of march I got seduced by their offer of 30% off offer and ordered £60 worth of tyranids, I’m still waiting for some sort of reply, wether they are going to deliver or refund me!!

I’ve got fed up of waiting and have taken it up with my credit card company to get my money back, I have specifically set up this account to post on this forum and going to post on all other forums I can find to advise everyone to avoid this shambles of an online retailer at all costs!!

Don’t make the mistake I have please, you will regret it.

i see, yet another unhappy customer... total wargamer did post a reply on this forum stating he's had credit problems due to maelstrom games going under. but he's since opened a second online business at the same business address. it seems to me he's using the money gained from orders at the first to fund the second. if this is true he's likely to have very little interest in total wargamer any more, and is simply using it as a cash cow. im going to take your advice and contact my bank.

further to my last.... bank contacted and money refunded straight away. no forms or hassle. good old HSBC. lesson learned tho i think. ill always do my homework in future before buying stuff online!

To add to the problems already encountered with this 'shop' (in the loosest terms).

I placed an order on 31/03/2013. 6 weeks went by and despite numerous attempts to contact TWG, we received no response by phone or via there useless 'support ticket system'.

After finally getting through and requesting a refund we were told the items were on back order and would be with us 'within the week' if we wanted to wait. As we had waited 5 weeks already, a couple of more days wouldn't hurt, right? WRONG! It took until the 10th May for the item to show as 'dispatched'.

Hoping that this would now be the end of it and my son would finally get his birthday present, we find ourselves still waiting and as of today 29/05/2013 there is still no sign of the items ordered two months ago.

I have now contacted my bank as a pre-course to legal action.

Take my advice people and stay well clear of this shady company and their non-existent customer service.:-x

well they only bothered to get back to me once my bank had processed a chargeback. they did apologise and stated the delay was due to staffing problems. I've given up trying to guess what their issue is. I've got my money back and am wiser for it. its sad to read your son has had to wait for his present. embarrassing for you to have to let him down like that, through no fault of your own. i hope you can get it sorted mate. chargeback is the best solution.

Yeah I contacted my bank (also HSBC) tonight who were great and will phone me back tomorrow. I wouldn't mind so much but I was trying to teach my lad the values of saving (he had saved £20 of his own spending money to put towards his birthday money). My 'teachings have clearly backfired now thanks to these cowboys. I guess we have both learned a lesson now though - don't shop at TOTAL WARGAMER!!

I'll update on my progress.

absolutely, keep us updated. i think the point to avoid TWG has been more than made by all of us, but its still interesting to know how others get on. hopefully your lad isn't too upset.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been sucked in by this company. Placed an order over 2 weeks ago so sent a complaint email via there system. I didn't get a response so tried ringing only to find an automated system which told me to try their email system.

Went on Facebook and messages them which they did respond. They said it would be posted this week. It hasn't been. I have also been blocked on FB! I have now updated my email on their system for the 3rd time asking for a refund. Lets see how far this gets me from this [causing problems] company.

How did you pay loxam?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bloody hell that was quick responses thank you. I paid by debit card. Ill check that link out. Cheers.

Personally it's only for £18, I'd love to take it further.

well now you play the bank lottery

some jnow about chargeback and do there and them

others don't and claim its for them to investigate it FIRST

however, that is not the case

go up the chain of cmd till you get a chargeback.

read the link carefully

dx

and they

and do NOT let yourself be fobbed off by the silly telephone reps. They only know what they read off the computer screen.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I place an order with them on the 11/5/2013 and sent 5 emails asking for my items's and get the email responce that a reply will follow and someone will get back to me. I've ordered 5 times with them and no problems and now i don't know i want my good because of the cheap prices at 30% off. What should i do any help please

hi, you'll notice by the responses above that the company has kinda lost touch with their customer base. to cut a long story short you should give them a month to sort your order out and then get your bank to process a chargeback if your goods don't arrive. don't expect any reply to your emails btw. good luck

Why give them a month? 7-14 days max, then chargeback.