Total Wargamer Problems.

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i agree it should be that way. trouble is, their terms and conditions says you should allow 28 days for delivery. plus your bank will expect you to give them ample time to sort your order out before they are willing to do a chargeback. i can't speak for your bank of course, and you might find im wrong. i can only speak from my experience with HSBC

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know most banks fob you off and have complete disregard for regulation, your rights and the law? it's VERY well documented on here. Plus with the 28 day part of their terms and conditions... yea no. Theres enough evidence to show that they are incompetent.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I waited for two weeks for items then found this text string prior to contacting company. I contacted them via their facebook group rather than direct email or phone as advised here. Immediate response indicated that I would receive an email - did not get email so left another message on facebook page. Note: messages left immediately deleted from facebook group (understandable I guess from their point of view - not the most positive feedback when customers asking where their items are), but I was still able to access text strings from my history so still able to follow up. I did receive an alternative email direct from company as they said they might be having difficulty contacting directly from main email. I was offered a refund but preferred cheap items late, rather than never, which I was worried about after reading this text string. I received items on 3rd July after payment on 8th June. Would describe delivery time as very slow and communication as criptic, but did receive items. Will I order again? Yes, but I will probably order in small batches and wait 'till one order arrives prior to ordering another. If I could find similar prices elsewhere then I would probably go shopping at a different source, but as it stands one can't argue with their prices.

yes their prices are good, but there's no such thing as a free lunch as they say. the amount of effort it took you to get your goods is enough to put a lot of people off doing business with them. if you're ok with waiting a month for your purchase and don't mind the additional work in chasing them up then id have to admit its a good deal. my belief though, is that your case is the exception and not the rule. many customers wait months for their goods and some never get them at all.

I still haven't received my order replied with more emails and tried to cancel it. Told they would cancel it last week and checked stauts it was in cancellation. Then today i checked and it was back in processed again. I re sent email again for the order and said i will take it further with my credit card company if i dont get my order. What o i do now, thanks

The only way you'll get your money back is by doing a chargeback with your bank. its what i did, and it worked a treat. if you can't rely on them to deliver your goods, how can you rely on them to return your money? believe me, taking payments is the only thing they are good at.

Stop faffing around with them and get your bank to chargeback.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I ordered six paints and the citadel brush set from Total Wargamer on the 22/06/2013. Ten days later they dispatched my paints but only sent four of the ten brushes, assuring me they would follow soon.

I got an email offering me the Army Painter equivalent of the brushes, which I declined, and I'm still waiting for the rest of my order, plus now they have stopped replying to my emails. I would ask for a refund, but I've already used the paints and brushes.

I'm concerned that they won't send the rest of my order. What can be done? Should I just wait a bit longer?

Thanks.

I'm thinking this business is a one man band. Possible operating out of his home or a lockup on an industrial estate or low rent shop in a sleepy town.

There are also a few businesses using the same phone number and contact details.

Edit: Yup. he's running multiple business offering the same things.

Two people at least, Sarah and Paul have been replying to my emails, and the best way to get a reply is to message them through Facebook.

You can see the inside of their shop using Google Maps, nice place, I would call into them If it was local.

So i have made the error of ordering with this company sucked in by the 30% off weekend.

i ordered a chaos Helldrake on 28/06/2013 and was charged a total of £34.49

i waited 2 weeks then emailed asking where my stuff was, i got a quick reply saying they had no stock and were waiting for order and once its in it will be with me in a few days.

so i waited 5 days, emailed again asking why my item was not sent yet, Paul Adkins replied saying" im really sorry the order has come but didn't have enough to send me one yet please wait another few days for another order!", waited a few days and still nothing, so i cancelled the order 15/07/2013 already annoyed at this point!

got email saying i will be refunded in 4 days.....waited another week no refund, emailed paul again, he apparently didn't know why i had not received refund and did it manually being told again to wait 4 days, well its now the 2nd of August a week later and surprise surprise still no refund!

i don't think I've ever been so :-x angry :mad2: about ordering anything online before, how am i going to get my money back? any help please?

If you want a refund, chargeback through your bank.

still giving problems, they said they delivered on the 13 July still haven't got it. Cancelling don't happen. Went to my credit card company and told they give me back my money and going to claim the money back from them. I will never order from them again and please take this advice don't!

• 3 weeks later...

Yep Just had the exact same problem.

If I ever order from another of their companies by mistake I'm just going to print out my order details and then walk into the actual shop and take the stuff.

4 Months it has taken me to get my money back from these scumbags.

Ordered on May 20th. Been over 3 months and no sign, just applied for a refund today. We'll see what happens.

It was marked as dispatched a month ago too, only after I enquired to the items location.

I wouldn't mind the wait if it wasn't for the blatant lying to the consumer. I've been sent the same message 3 times now about Staff issues. And I was 'ensured' that the items would be personally sent about a month ago.

Get serious guys, people wouldn't mind so much if you just turned around and said it'll be a bit of a wait. But 3 months is well over their 28 days.

I as well have been fooled by the companies Maelstrom games, Mythreal and Total Wargamer. Paid an order 19.7 and still just minimal contact with them. How the **** am i gonna get my money back? I live in Finland, and since calling aint gonna do much good i guess i'm close to 200£ poorer because i trusted them. What a disappointment.

Tell your bank to chargeback.

Was looking for stuff as a gift but after this absolute litany of complaints, think I'll be going to GW! Can't believe that the only means of 'official' communication is FB... which they then block you from?!?! Unbelievable. Are they professionals or teenagers?! At the beginning of the thread, it looked pretty positive, in that, although there were some complaints, the rep. joined CAG and posed immediatly. That seemed proactive, but now I note that 'Paul from TW' has gone M.I.A.!!!

If I'm going to be totally honest, I'd use GiftsForGeeks or Element Games. Two of my friends have ordered large quantities of stuff from them. They're twins and bought each other warhammer for their birthdays. They got it both within about 2-3 weeks.

As soon as I get my money back, thats probably where I'd go. I've had issues with GW before too. Like being charged twice for orders online. And they aren't always there to refund either.

But yes, you should request your money back from your bank.

Paul isn't MIA as far as I'm aware, he's still responding via Facebook. (If it's even Paul)

Just trying to alert as many as possible before all the gamers start waiting months for some stuff. I wish I had read the reviews first, but 30% off is a bargain. No doubts about that, the lying I cannot stand.

I had to make a user on this forum symply to tell you guys never to use total wargamer. I placed an order, simple enough. Without recieving any information after a week i sendt a mail aksing what was happening. They told me they didn't have everything in stock and they had to order it. Some days passed, i asked what happened and they told me that they didnt order everything so they have to place a new order and i have to wait even longer. They finally got around to send the items, and i find out that one of the items was not sendt. Again i mail them and ask what is happening. I can agreed to this being my fault for not reading the description properly but the one item could not be sendt outside the UK. Is it really THAT difficult to tell me this two weeks ago when i asked about the order???

• 5 weeks later...

So it is not just me then! appalling customer support - i ordered goods 19/08/13 on an advertised 5-10 working day delivery - to date i have only received half of the items (my 11yr old son is gutted). no phone number to ring and my numerous emails remain mainly unanswered... it is the lack of contact that winds me up most. i have now asked for a refund - if this does not come through speedily i will have to phone the credit card co.

my advice = some customer care is worth paying for = cheapest is not always best - do not use Total Wargamer and save yourself some stress

• 2 weeks later...

I can only agree with the people saying to steer clear of Total Wargamer. I ordered some Warhammer 40k stuff 2½ months ago, and it still hasn't arrived. Of course, my credit card was charged immediately I made the order - and obviously this shop doesn't even have the stuff they're selling, and has no idea when they can supply it. I don't know what the definition of "fraud" is in the UK, but are you really allowed to take money for stuff you don't have to sell?

The shop has never kept me up to date with the order status by the way - only as a response to my queries. Customer service is also something they don't have in stock.