Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to add a very salient point - the people best placed to help you get back into work were JCPlus - before big business decided to earn big money out of the unemployed. We at JOB Plus didn't get kickbacks for people going into work, myself and a number of people I worked with at JOB Plus lost our jobs purely because big business decided they could do it better, and the fact is, they can't AND advisers for these WP Providers earn lots more than we did at JOB Plus - cost effective - NO!! Its basic economics - supply and demand - if the demand for workers isn't there you are stuffed - 2.67 million out of work, 400,000 vacancies mainly part-time) do the maths! I advocate anyone on WP to make sure they know their rights, if you don't know - find out because you aren't a number and you can't be bullied.

Its yet another example of government providing the private sector with a gravy train while destroying the public sector.

All payed for by us the taxpayer.

So the providers are at best doing the same job, but its costing more money.

Exactly the opposite of what we were promised.

Hello all :) it's my first post here and as such would like to thank all responsible for posting such useful information.

I was referred on to the work programme last year, fortunately enough I found work before my first appointment with ingeus.

Unfortunately for me my contract ended a couple of months back (the contract was 6 months), after a bad bout of depression I have managed to pick myself back up and have been seeking work again.

I did not claim any assistance during my depression apart from doctors help (tablets turned me into a zombie) although my mum said I should, i guess I was just hoping all the problems would go away.

Last week I applied for jobseekers allowance and was greeted by an advisor who made it perfectly clear she was going to look for ways to get me sanctioned, while I look for ways to find work :(

Anyway I am sure enough of you all have similar problems (And I am sorry) but I do have a few questions.

Ingeus have constantly called me and harassed me during the last year by way of telephone call and email and under duress I verbally gave them the name of the company i worked for. I would like to add I did tell them that I would prefer not to contacted and give any information, not because i have anything to hide just that I like my privacy (my business is my own and i should be free to tell who i choose)

1. Would they have been legally allowed to contact my previous employer without my consent? (i have not signed any forms or even had an in person meeting with ingeus)

2. Would my employer have been legally allowed to provide information on me? (without my consent)

2. Would they have been able to get payments for my employment (I don't see how they could as they did not find the employment for me)

3. Do I have to withdraw consent?..... even when i have never given consent.

4. As previously said I have resisted contact so far with ingeus, although now will have to be compliant. (will this be cause for me to be refused JSA?)

I would like to reiterate I have nothing to hide, just want my privacy and have such been wary about posting on this forum.

I have been told that ingeus will be contacting me and as mentioned earlier could be sanctioned if I do not comply, I replied I would do the minimum legally required of me regarding Ingeus. (I am perfectly capable of applying for jobs, creating C.V etc...... having been on previous boot camps coerced and lied too, feel there is nothing they can offer me)

I have worked 25 years of my adult life, ran my own business and have never felt so humiliated in my life :( they are making me feel like a criminal.

Could anyone answer the questions i have raised? any helpful advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you once again everyone

beezley

Edited by beezley

SHE TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO THIS HEALTH AND SAFETY COURSE ??

SO I ASK HER WHY AND ALL SHE SAID WAS YOU HAVE TO :mad2:

SO I SAID NO WAS TOLD TO GO AND THINK ABOUT

Hi Honda,

My H&S course cancelled last minute and rescheduled till the end of the month. My advisor at the JCP told me to obtain a letter from my GP regarding my blood condition so they the JCP and the WP providor have a copy and restrictions on my agreement, he also suggested speaking with the disability advisor so I can be put on ESA and come off the WP. To be honest I don't want to go down this route apart from the letter as I want a job!

Hi Beezley,

This is what I think (no guarantees as to correctness).

1. Would they have been legally allowed to contact my previous employer without my consent? (i have not signed any forms or even had an in person meeting with ingeus) No without your consent any such contact would be a breach of the Data Ptotection Act.

2. Would my employer have been legally allowed to provide information on me? (without my consent). No - same reason as 1. But these people are sneaky! They may claim to be from JCP trying to catch employer unawares. Besides do you really want to threaten a new employer with prosecution. If you are on good terms with him you might want to politely explain that you don't want him speaking to anyone about you.

2. Would they have been able to get payments for my employment (I don't see how they could as they did not find the employment for me) They will try but may find it difficult if they don't know who employer is or if employer refuses to speak to them. The fact that they didn't get you the job is irrelevant - they can, and do, claim payment if you are on their books.

3. Do I have to withdraw consent?..... even when i have never given consent. Seems silly to withdraw consent that has never been given! But it can't do any harm. Use sample letter from consent.me com or here: http://thiefofbaghdad.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/68/#comment-122

4. As previously said I have resisted contact so far with ingeus, although now will have to be compliant. (will this be cause for me to be refused JSA?). No - though expect pressure from them. Non attendance (failing to attend) will bring sanctions but you are entitled to not give them information such as telephone numbers and e-mail address which restricts their ability to contact you to mail.

Hope that helps

HI HELLY13

I ask two weeks ago to speak to my disability advisor :mad2:

i would love a job part time are full time

did they call you and tell it was cancelled

Hi Honda

I received a missed call the day before the course and a text to say it has been postponed to such and such a date (must look in diary !) Are you with Preston Scientiam? I find the advisor a great person more positive than the Ingeus lady....

Hi Beezley,

This is what I think (no guarantees as to correctness).

1. Would they have been legally allowed to contact my previous employer without my consent? (i have not signed any forms or even had an in person meeting with ingeus) No without your consent any such contact would be a breach of the Data Ptotection Act.

2. Would my employer have been legally allowed to provide information on me? (without my consent). No - same reason as 1. But these people are sneaky! They may claim to be from JCP trying to catch employer unawares. Besides do you really want to threaten a new employer with prosecution. If you are on good terms with him you might want to politely explain that you don't want him speaking to anyone about you.

2. Would they have been able to get payments for my employment (I don't see how they could as they did not find the employment for me) They will try but may find it difficult if they don't know who employer is or if employer refuses to speak to them. The fact that they didn't get you the job is irrelevant - they can, and do, claim payment if you are on their books.

3. Do I have to withdraw consent?..... even when i have never given consent. Seems silly to withdraw consent that has never been given! But it can't do any harm. Use sample letter from consent.me com or here: http://thiefofbaghdad.wordpress.com/2011/11/07/68/#comment-122

4. As previously said I have resisted contact so far with ingeus, although now will have to be compliant. (will this be cause for me to be refused JSA?). No - though expect pressure from them. Non attendance (failing to attend) will bring sanctions but you are entitled to not give them information such as telephone numbers and e-mail address which restricts their ability to contact you to mail.

Hope that helps

Hi Backatcha

I was informed by the subbie Scientiam that if you even telephone in sick to reschedule an appointment you can be sanctioned if you have already rung and cancelled twice beforebecause of illness. Surely this is not right? One cannot help being ill...

Hello Backatcha,

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Just to reply, no I am not looking to start a war with my previous employer, i just wanted to clarify where I stand legally, as should the employer and so hopefully is aware of the data protection act :)

Thank you for all the other information and link :) I have to say I have found the experience so far very sinister and a great intrusion of privacy.

I will post my experiences as they develop....

Thanks again

beezley

Hi Honda

I received a missed call the day before the course and a text to say it has been postponed to such and such a date (must look in diary !) Are you with Preston Scientiam? I find the advisor a great person more positive than the Ingeus lady....

with preston scientiam which person are you with iam with caroline [ she called me a liar the last time i was in preston :mad2: ]

i was getting more help from the job centre plus

with preston scientiam which person are you with iam with caroline [ she called me a liar the last time i was in preston :mad2: ]

i was getting more help from the job centre plus

HI Honda I've sent you a private email as you can never tell who is snooping.

Hekky13 with regards to sickness if you call in sick they notify the JCP office and then you will be asked to complete form JSA28 to cover their missed ppointment due to your illness on that day (for a maximum of 14 calender days) and you can only declare 2 periods in a 12 month period, if you declare a 3rd period your claim for JSA will close and you will need to claim ESA and then make a rapid reclaim when you are fit to seek work again.

I could explain in more detail how the periods of sickness fall into job seeking periods but you may not want to fall asleep just yet!

Hello.

I am wondering if anyone could possibly help me with a query...

My Advisor (Work Programme) sends me emails (sometimes up-to 20 a day) of vacancies a day and claims I have to reply to every email with whether I am interested in them or not. Most of these emails are completely unsuitable to me and range from 6 hours a week painting and decorating 40 miles away, to 40+ hours a week as a door-to-door salesman, understandably I do not apply for them.

The last time I went in for my appointment with my advisor, they asked me why I did not reply to to any of their emails, to which I replied "because they were unsuitable". My advisor then went through some of the emails which had been emailed to me and asked why each position was unsuitable to which I replied; after 5-6 I was told "If you don't comply with me I will have no option but to let the Job Centre know you're not complying". I calmly stated that I had been actively seeking and applying for work, and I had fulfilled all of the requirements of my Job Seekers Agreement, at this point I was asked to leave the building as I was "trying to manipulate" them.

A few days later I received a phone from the advisor and I was told they would send me my next appointment in the mail. To my surprise when I read the letter the appointment date is in almost 5 weeks from now.

No where in my JSA/Action plan does it mention I have to reply to emails every day and that if I don't I will be sanctioned. As far as I am aware I only have to comply with actions I am mandated to do so and provide proof that I am indeed actively seeking work, such as a job log. Could some kind soul please confirm whether I am correct in this regard or not?

Thank you.

Also, I would just like to add that the emails the advisor sends me also forwarded to about 100 other people; when I look at the "sent to" header there are emails of lots of other clients. Surely this is against some kind of privacy ?

When you are referred to work programme you will have been claiming for 9 months if you are aged 18-24 or 12 months if you are aged 25+.

After 6 months you are expected to be widen you job search further than the 3 types of employment on your Job Seeker Agreement and should be applying for all vacancies that you capable and qualified to do.

If you are not applying forthe "suitable" vacancies then the work programme can refer you for an entitlement doubt to the dma team to consider if you are actively seeking suitable types of employment and actively applying for the suitable vacancies.

Suitable vacancies are those which you can reach within 90 minutes of travel each way, that you are qualified to undertake that fit in with the hours you are able to work as long as the vacancy is a minimum of 24 hours per week (if it's under 24 hours DMA will not consider refusing to apply/accept a job referral).

They should not be sending out emails where you have access to other people's email addresses, this is a breach of data protection and needs a complaint making. There is a facility to Bcc emails to ensure that email adresses are not visible to other recipients.