Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the help, at my appointment today i was informed that 1 to 1 sessions have ended due to my advisor's workload and will just be group job search from now on with the advisor popping over to make sure you have filled the job search log with a minimum of 10 applications per week and a minimum of 10 more at the appointments making around 60 applications a month. Ingeus N.E(of England) seems to have forgotten its mission statement of finding sustainable long term employment and not forcing you in to a job you don't want, the training i asked for( sage line 50) at my first appointment(august2011) now has a start date of august2012 seems to me a long time to arrange training with all those referral fees rolling in

Edited by gis_a_job

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's very depressing for those on w2w, the pimps are pushing level entry positions in High St retail as the only viable options for many, just what w2w is going to do when all these shelf stacking jobs are filled is anyones guess.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

The game is, not to get shoved on the Work Programme in the first place, it's almost impossible to argue against taking what's offered if a year has been spent on JSA without getting a job.

I'm afraid to say that if I found myself in those circumstances I would 'jump ship' into ASDA's before w2w got their claws in, better the devil you know type of thing.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I would 'jump ship' into ASDA's before w2w got their claws in, better the devil you know type of thing.

Trouble is that you'd probably find all the shelf stacking positions filled by unpaid slave labour.

Still you could always apply for a shelf stacker's assistant post. What else is an MBA good for.

I haven't got an MBA, I have got a BSc (hons) in musical instrument technology, but sadly that only qualifies me to go on the fiddle.

Hi Astro1 and welcome!

Late at night for that kind of question and I'm sure that others will give you a more informed reply. My initial feeling is that it's the same people, the same culture and the same profit motivation. Hence expect much the same treatment with a cursory nod to your special requirements. I hope I'm wrong but the name of the game is profit for the providers at any cost.

The game is, not to get shoved on the Work Programme in the first place, it's almost impossible to argue against taking what's offered if a year has been spent on JSA without getting a job.

I'm afraid to say that if I found myself in those circumstances I would 'jump ship' into ASDA's before w2w got their claws in, better the devil you know type of thing.

The problem is a lot of us did attempt to get into Supermarkets and what not, and still got nowhere - I live in a University town for example, so that makes supermarket work rare as hens teeth for a lot of locals. I would have loved a job at Morrisons, I even applied, Working Links were trying to get together a load of applications from us attendees to send in bulk, I said no thanks and sent my form in under my own steam, your application being attached to a provider's name is the kiss of death for any job/employer in my honest opinion and I was not wrong - I heard them talking on the phone a week later, not a single one of the 60 odd people Working Links put forward even got an interview!!

but sadly that only qualifies me to go on the fiddle.

Well, you should be able to get hired by A4E, AND fit in well with the inhouse office culture :D

That, or take up a career as an MP ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That, or take up a career as an MP

Not an option, my nose grows when I lie I wouldn't be able to fit through a doorway.

Edited by osdset

Working Links put forward even got an interview!!

I'm not surprised at that, Working Links were/are a complete bunch of amateurs, I used to go to the boozer for a couple of 'wind down after work' pints, one of their Muppets used the same pub he started engaging me in conversation, all I can say is I have had more enlightening chats with a Budgie.

Ingeus N.E(of England) seems to have forgotten its mission statement of finding sustainable long term employment

I've found exactly the same..

I managed to independantly secure a graduate-level job with an 8-week initial training period. When I made enquiries for help with travel expenses to get to the workplace I was given a rebuff of "we'll only accept a couple of days" but had to fight tooth and nail to get 2 weeks worth of fares at first.

When I went back to them to explain that I had been given an offer of a permanent job after the 8-weeks, but needed a further 6 weeks worth of travel assistance to complete the training, they refused stating that "Their business model and budgeting didn't account for those sorts of costs", that I had allegedly "Stated discrepancies in how long the placement was for when I made the first request", despite providing them with the original offer from the employer in writing, and that they "Only ever allow a budget of £100 per client"

Despite the tentative offer that would kickstart my career and the employer providing industry-related training that I could not otherwise afford to fund by myself, I was also told that the employer was exploiting me and that they would not provide any further financial assistance.

I'm now left with having to fund th etravel costs to the tune of half my JSA a week to get to the placement, and if I cannot complete the remaing time, will lose a golden employment opportunity

It's my belief that they have refused as a form of vindictive and punitive measures as I declined to sign the DPA consent forms that would enable them to claim their £4,000+ bounty.

I base this on a previous meeting where I was asked why I had declined to sign the forms, and I stated that I objected to their getting thousands of pounds in outcome payment when I had found a job by myself and they had offered me nothing in assistance to-date despite numerous requests.

The advisor told me "I've got £100 available, it may be a slap in the face, but it's a £100 slap in the face, just think of what that money could do, all you have to do is forget about your principles and sign the form..".

They then went on to say that even if I won't sign the form once I had secured a job, they would get the payment anyway, and that if I refused to be contacted and give consent, I could recieve a sanction on any future NI contributions.

Could that be defined as bribery and blackmail in an attempt to coerce signing away a statutory legal right?

gil_jnr

If you want some input from the pimps on this, take a trip over to http://indusdelta.co.uk/register there and start a new thread posting what you have on here. Indus Delta is one of the pimps own sites, it would be an eye opener to see what they had to say in response.

In the next six, nine or 12 months we should all expect something of a shake-out in the Work Programme supply chain. We are now nine months down the road and it is starting to become apparent who is good and who is not. The Work Programme is all about helping the long-term unemployed into work. I will be very surprised if we do not see a significant number of organisations fall away because they are not good enough at what they do.

chris grayling giving evidence to the select committee

link here...http://www.consent.me.uk/grayevidence/#more-1702

could be the reason why the w2w websites are being taken down en-masse.....any adverse publicity may affect their ability to deliver...when we all know they dont anyway......

I can't see how publicity would effect the pimps one way or another, they are not there by virtue of public consent, look at the recent events with A4e OK they got a smack on the wrist and lost the South East, but it's still business as usual for them across the rest of the country.

A lot of the subs, and some of the primes will fall by the wayside, that's mainly finance though, they can't afford to sustain the programme given the DWP's targets.

Never mind, my heart bleeds for them, they saw an opportunity to make a financial killing and got burnt in the process, but....hey ho that's business for you, if ya can't stand the heat......

thing is...if the adverse publicity is not affecting their business model why go to such lengths in order to silence it?....and i agree its mainly down to finance that they cant afford to sustain the programme given the targets...but the more this model is discredited the better....my heart also bleeds for them...not....forcing people into unsuitable jobs then reaping a profit from that person is abhorrent...

thing is...if the adverse publicity is not affecting their business model why go to such lengths in order to silence it?

Truth hurts I suppose, any organisation is going to defend their perceived reputation, but shutting sites down is a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Lets see if the pimps accuse him of not doing enough to find work http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lications.html

the pimps probably expect him to keep a note of all the car registration plates that wave at him.

Could that be defined as bribery and blackmail in an attempt to coerce signing away a statutory legal right?

Sounds like bullying and more fraudulent misrepresentation of the facts designed to deliver profit for the pimps

Hi all just visited indus delta website and posted this

I have been with ingeus since august 2011 and was promised a individual and tailored path back in to employment with training and support to rejoin the workforce.I came from 10 years in archaeology and due to the lack of jobs in that sector i asked for training to move in to a admin role. The start date for the admin training is now august 2012 and 1 to 1 sessions with my advisor have ended(due to workload)and will now involve just a group job search with my advisor popping over to check that we have filled the job search log( 10 applications) with another 10 applications a week making around 60 applications a month which is a mandated activity so not complying can get you sanctioned. this seems to fly in the face of your promise to find sustainable work and not shove you in to a job you do not want.

My appointments so far have involved my advisor looking at my job search log and printing out jobs from the jobcentre website( on 1 occasion a print out of a job i had already applied for)me asking for training and getting the reply "we are trying to sort out a provider" sorting out travel expenses and that's the end for another week or two.

I am not a special case and feel that this is the common experience for people placed on your conveyor belt and let me ask you do you think 10-20 people doing job search as tailored or individual and a minimum of 60 applications a month or lose 2 weeks benefit money( first time) as finding sustainable work. In my opinion it feels like keeping your overheads low and pressuring people in to any job as long as they are off the books and another number to cash in at the DWP. I am not a neo-communist or a anarchist with a axe to grind just someone who has 10 months experience at the coal face of ingeus

any one with similar experiences post at your will and hopefully might get a response or banned\post deleted which is why i posted it here and plan to repost it should it be deleted

sorry message count to low to post a link it is in Discussion section under ingeus do not deliver on there own misson statement

Edited by gis_a_job

Does anyone understand what Ingeus are meaning by their blackmail threats regarding a sanction on "NI Contributions" ?? This one has me totally baffled

Gisajob, are you on Contributions based JSA? Because otherwise, I really don't understand, as NI Contributions are something WE pay the State, so how do they sanction us paying them??/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]