Milton keynes asda online, nightmare delivery ***RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning still not in my bank, you might have gathered this is annoying me.

Was the £25.00 supposed to cover the 5.00 as well despite what them saying it would be credited to my bank, who knows they didnt put anything in writing.

NO APOLOGY and leaves you guessing.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supply of goods and services act

Formal letter recorded delivery

To whom it may concern the supplyof goods and services act 1982

Important facts brought what paid problems

not carried out with reasonable care and skill

Ask for what entitled to or want and set date

Jack

They suggest it can go to court, but my point is for the discrimination aspect of it and the lax way of processing once they confirm it shouldnt have happened verbally. No formal letter of apology citing how they will improve, how they will make sure staff are retrained.

No offence but does anyone here feel they would jump with joy when given £25.00 and no apology in wiriting when have it on tape they considered you a tea leaf and a nut bag basically therefore you should be grateful they are even speaking to you as others dont want to!!!!!!!!!

Just as well kept those recordings.

Consumer direct agree with me that to be labelled desperate enough to want to knick groceries 'adamant' and 'driver says you are telling porkies' falls under this law as in it is their duty to forward me the goods. The dont give the opportunity to check the goods and it is based on two way trust, so when i raise an issue of nigh on £50.00 of goods are not here, then it is their duty to deal with it fairly and with due care.

Since when has being called a liar basically in roundabout speak and my mental condition as in he will deal with me due to having a mentally ill member in his family, go to do with their duty to deliver as above.

£25.00 does not reassure me that they have learnt their lesson based on how I had to chase to get it and there is no formal apology.

I have the complaint logged with consumer direct and wish to take this further mainly due to the anger that they have treat me poorly, kept me hanging around and despite what happened treat me as an inconvinience and also discriminated against me as a result of them having information I volunteerd. I feel if I dont do something that I have no confidence they will have learnt over what happened to me other than thank goodness she is off the phone.

I mean nearly two weeks later thay have not even refunded the delivery fee to my bank, discpicable asda.

Who else do they mess about when sorting a paid for order?

xx

I offered a quicker way of resolving it the following day that they did on the prior order where goods were missing, not as many that time.

I as live local got a taxi £3.50 and asked them as they said they were busy, to pay for my fair there and back and I would come in and collect the goods myself, they accepted the offer. I didnt ask for delivery fee refund !!!!

This time I offered the same and bernard told me under no circumstance come into the store and that if I did they would not refund any taxi as saw it as my own choice to come in to get my goods.

So I would have had them just refund £7.oo probably but would have had my goods promptly, but no I had to wait further and later I heard the aray of what their staff viewed me as a person on the phone when I had the recordings and yet they didnt.

So you are at risk with asda that if you get a stroppy member of staff, at risk of being labelled by the whole store as rude, aggressive and threatening.

Rude: I was crying as to why they said they were convinced all the food was at my house.

Aggressive: I politely was insisting I knew my rights in that I had signed for goods I didnt have and politely insisted they get those goods to me or refund.

Thretening: I was told by bernard that head office had said I was threatening them with the police, I am heard telling them that I am distressed have offered the store to view my fridge and freezer and feel at a loss as to how to prove they are wrong and woman lying and therefore feel I have no alternative to ring the local police for advice as to can they help as I was at a loss as to what to do and due to axiety couldnt switch off. It was not a matter of me saying I am going to ring the police on you with a view that they police would be so annoyed with asda as to storm the store for my shop:lol:

xx

:lol:

Hi, thanks for looking in.

I rang the head office again in realation to what consumer direct said and basically they were aware I had complained yet I had no response from them. But felt the need to tell them again how bad it was and how I felt hit with a battering ramm.

They told me the store had not actioned the refund for the delivery:-x and that there was no note on the system re this, which explains why no money in my account.

I asked them to check their notes re according to bernard the head office stated I had threatened to call the police on them, again told there was no note of that, so I can only put it down to the store.

I have been told a manager will look into it and that on my request listen to the communication re me and head office just now (warned them to let hiim/her have a coffee as it is quite long :) ) and then get back to me.

Told them I have been called a lyer and discriminated against re I told them I had condition and they chose to use that to make me feel grateful that bernard was even talking to me in the first place, for apparantly being a person considered they couldnt get through to by other managers, based on of course calls which they did not record, BUT I DID. Told them that if a person walks into their store and takes an item and doesnt pay they have every right to be adamant that person if seen making no attempt to pay and having left the premesis, to then label them a thief or raise issue of lying if certain no attempt made to pay.

In my case I had authority payment in advance, confirmed at point of delivery for my order.

They didnt deliver it all to tune of near 50.00 and called me a liar basically and hinted on me trying to claim items were not delivered that they were adamant were, anotherwords a thief.

I have said a begrudged voucher with no apology in writing along with not even responsibly making sure I was refunded as decided in store by bernard, is disgusting and breaks consumer law as to my rights as a customer.

Not as if its a fruit cake getting upset or a little to sensitive, I am sure their have been cases go to court for less on issues of dafamation and libel, the difference being we are only one of asdas customers and not a celeb fighting another issue.

But none the less they dafamed me and the behaviour of their staff was libel in my view as in they are adamant yet not in my house when goods upacked, plainly put a load of unfounded gobbledeygook thinking they can intimidate me away.

Imagine if I had just left it, decided not to order online again, would they have labelled me a wronged customer and learnt by it as in letter in writing would show, or in fact due to attitude of staff would they have put me down as nutty fruit cake that probably knicked the food anyway?

I think the latter as nothing has been done officially and they think this nut bag on disability benefits due to her condition is going to be grateful to have skimmed £25.00 out of them.

How much does one of asdas solicitors charge per hour I wonder? Bet more than £25.00

They have distressed me to extent I have not been able to switch off, you might have noticed:lol:, again goes back to who I am and childhood, having to stand in front of person say they did something which they deny and due to their position their word was taken over mine, man was a copper and my dad, had an exemplary career, but was still a dishonest abuser and I get very distressed fighting similar issues, doesnt stop me fighting as i have to or would have curled up and popped my cloggs by now, but these people if not taken to task, will continue to ridicule and discriminate etc............

Phew shattered now, off to the tassimo machine xxxxxxxx :)

Get email today saying the delivery charge has been processed and will take another 3-5 days to appear so like last time it will probably appear end of next week, not bad asda only took you nearly THREE WEEKS to give me back MY MONEY for a shop you hinted I STOLE that YOU DIDNT EVEN DELIVER. Fast going bernard, NOT, it took me to get the head office to confirm you again had not refunded it and they instigated the refund not the store that had accused me OF LYING.

Or how would you interpret being told they are adamant the food arrived and when you say they are wrong and wont have it and hear the story you suggest the driver has told an untruth, told you are not allowed to say that about their colleagues, but they are cart blanch without foundation able to say you THEIR CUSTOMER has had the food WITHOUT FOUNDATION !!!!! Because they dont let you check your shop prior to signing.

SO ASDA MAKE A MISTAKE, HEY WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, BUT A MISTAKE THAT THEY CHOOSE TO LAY AT MY DOOR, WELL IN TERMS OF BLAME NOT SHOP WHICH I WANTED :( AND THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALLOWED TO DEFEND HERSELF BUT INSTEAD GETS ACCUSED OF BEING THREATENING WHEN CRYING BEGGING FOR HER SHOP AS REALISED LOST £50.00. THEY ALSO IN MY VIEW DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A PERSON WITH A CONDITION THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD OF.

A MISTAKE IS FORGIVABLE, HOW THEY CHOOSE TO DEAL WITH IT, IS NOT !!!!!!!!!

'adamant' CARP.

I take it without the letter of apology and the begrudged voucher for £25.00, i take it they assumed £5.00 would be for the delivery despite telling me it would be credited at a guess, generous asda NOT.

I'm very glad now that I mentioned DDA to you! You go get them. And keep posting, because all the while you do, you are helping other people with mental health issues to stand up for themselves. And whilst they are doing that they are enjoying themselves as well.

I think, after hearing them talk about me like that on the phone,.having the taped proof of what was said - I'd be asking for a weeks free shopping from them. At they very least.

Have you contacted your local paper? "Local Store abuses mentally ill woman, and then ridicules her about her illness". Oh joy!

I used to work for asda i find all this really strange. i used to have to deal with home shopping issues like missing deliveries and the policy would be to resolve as quickly as posible. we would redeliver goods without fuss, send out gift cards or flowers to keep the customer happy.

it sounds like the delivery driver is coving her mistake. Makes you wonder if this is not the first time shes mucked up and fearing discliplinary action over her mistakes.

Have you thought of writing to asdas CEO andy clarke?

Thanks for your reply. I have been ill and exhausted over a couple of issues so thought to leave it for a few days to get my strength back mentally.

I agree this woman they volunteerd the info that she messed up the prior order.

This woman was the same one who would not accept a prior order was cancelled, reminded me of a child, dont you want your food? She kept saying.

This woman transposed lucozade into specific burgers and garlic baguette.

I could have forgiven that at apparantly according to store manager them doing up to 60 deliveries a day, that as it was the end of the day, that she was tired and made a mistake if they had as you said sorted it promptly. That woman chose to tell her bosses that she was adamant I had the food and that when I suggested she was lying I as in telling porkies I said, I was told by bernard that the driver had said I was the one telling porkies, anotherwords she was calling me a liar, the difference being I had done nothing wrong and was the customer and she was proved on their own word, to have messed up the prior delivery, therefore there even if they had a doubt about a customer which was unfounded, they should have treat me with a immedicat replacement of food, not made me feel like a criminal begging for her food.

It is more an issue of the attitude of driver and the manager who was liasing with her on that day and they with no recorded calls decided to attack the customer when insisting politely they made the mistake.

Investigation or not, they should have because of the nature of not seeing the goods in the bag alone, have replaced my food promptly the following morning or allowed me in the store to get it myself.

They said no and only 24 hours later were they trying to start to resolve and then they made it quite clear they were siding with the staff who dealt with me the prior day.

I agree not what I would have expected from asda and suspect it was a cover up.

So untill they reply I state that store discriminates against a customer caught in such a situation who happens to have a illness mentally, its quite common a lot of people have it, but what the hecky thump had that to do with my food apart from I was apologising at crying when told they were adamant I had the food.

The five pounds finally arrived in my bank yesterday for the delivery but ASDA HAVE NOT HAD THE DIGNITY OR CARE TO REPLY WHEN TOLD BY HEAD OFFICE THEY WOULD GET A SENIOR MANAGER TO RING ME AND THE STORE I REQUESTED TO BERNARD FOR THE STORE MANAGER TO GET BACK TO ME

THEY HAVE IGNORED ME AND NOT APOLOGISED FOR CALLING ME A THIEF AND FOR SOME REASON DONT WANT TO PUT IT DOWN ON PAPER!!!!!

DAFAMATION.

I will send the letter advised by consumer direct to andy clark, so thanks xx

the thing with home shopping in asda is that apart from the home shopping manager no other manager really knows how to deal with issues. my experience (on a almost a daily basis) was we would recieve a call from the indian call center (so communication was often a issue through language or bad phone lines) and then contacting the drivers would be almost impossible.

Nail on the head, the first manager did say she was not answering the phone. They did appear to be stressed to I presume now that the prior delivery customer was chasing her/his food too.

I mean I know it will never happen again as I wont order online again, so that will be some consolation to me. What irks me is this store is supposedly the largest one in europe and the one in the telly adds, they are proud of this store and the people on my estate were excited when it was being built. Thing is the way they have treat me is tainting my whole feeling of asda which is a shame as I had no problem with shopping in the store when well. They dont have the decency to deal with me even at head office, makes me wonder what they have said to them at the store end as in has the store painted me as out of order and they thus wont respond.

I collapsed in the store a couple of months ago and had to keep sitting down, they packed my shop, helped me out and were lovely.

I would have thought they would want to improve their delivery which could be done so simply.

I know the customer is not always right, but in this case, I was and they crossed the line xx

Pity they couldnt put you in that store to kick them into touch, politeness and sorry goes a long way xx

Dont know about you, but mental illness or not, when you are told the driver has said you are the one telling porkies and that they side with the driver, ill or not it would cause distress :(

DO u mind saying what store it is?

I think the main trouble is like i said only the home shopping manager really only knows how to deal with issues. When a home shopping manager isnt in the building or there is no one suitable to handle the situation then it becomes a issue that is either writen down on a bit of paper and left for the home shopping manager to deal with when there next in the buiding. trouble is asda is run on tight budgets so if you end up speaking to another department manager they often dont have the time or put home shopping issues high on the agenda

Does dogdykebab have an e-mail contact for the CEO? You could have your complaint in front of him in time for his hot cross bun at tea break this morning!

Keep going, I know you were/are livid with them, but I also suspect you are now secretly enjoying hitting back! And that will do you more good than being distressed. (Of course, you must continue to be distressed by the whole issue when called upon to be so! :wink:).

Please keep posting, I am enjoying you thread each morning and have a snigger each time I go into ASDA's! Why oh why can they not treat me like this? I'm bored at the moment as very little to moan about.

Hi, WI - I've been following your thread, and just wanted to say well done for not giving up! I had a lot of problems with an Asda Direct order, and finally got it sorted through their head office, not the South African telephone cust services. I tried emailing Andy Clarke, the CEO, but apparently all unrecognised emails go straight into his spam folder and are deleted!

Keep on at them, and keep on posting - you'll get it sorted soon.

Best wishes

Janie

Thank you. I suspect the reason the phone response has been we will get a manager to ring you back,is they simply have no procedure for responding to such a situation, so say they will get back to your with a senior manager and then never do.

I will update you can bet your bottom dollar on that :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Right well I have heard nowt back from them in writing or the promised call I requested, buy hey we didnt expect them to dignify us with a call they promised did we:x

Anyhow decided to try another retailer as not up to going to the shops and we chose sainsburys.

I ordered 110.00 worth of food and it may sound silly, but it is a pleasure to be able to say we were happily able to tick every single item off the list.

There was one hick up, but to be fair nowt that they hadnt noticed in advance, as in they had charged me for 13 bottles of coke instead of 12 and left a pleasant note that they would refund it straight away with no need for me to worry.

Wether it is a fact they double check their orders or that the drivers make sure they only give the shop for the relevant order along with the store notices prospective errors prior to delivery, it is a much less stressful experience as I can say it was rare for an order to arrive from asda without either damaged goods, goods missing or not able to get to us on time and having to cancel order, for them to turn up with for whatever reason offended staff giving the third degree as in if you really had cancelled it the manager would have contacted the driver and cos they havnt they pester like a child to take the food when going out.

Driver did say he was aware asdas were the last to start home delivery and that he has heard a few bad reports from new comers to sainsburys, but he was pleasant, did his job and would you believe it the printed order form and receipt actually came in black ink, yet ink you could read rather than wonder why asdas have not replaced the ink cartridge in their printer, that meant the form you were handed was basically BLANK. i suppose the attempt at printing it counted wether you could see it or not as far as they were concerned, ahhhh bless em!!!!!!

As for asdas maybe thinking she will have paid more for her shop with them, I dont give a ****, they had plenty of offers, the food looked great and my kids are now happy eating their microwave burgers that in this case I bought six, and guess what six arrived.

THEY ALSO HAD NO NEED TO CONSIDER ME A THIEF DUE TO THEIR GOOD SERVICE.

SO I SAY ASDA MAYBE SAINSBURYS SHOULD TRAIN YOUR STAFF IN MILTON KEYNES REGARDING HOME DELIVERY BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AT SAINSBURYS xx

Will send my letter off to them again asking them why should I go in their actual store when well to do shop in person when they cant even apologise for treating me like a thief because they have lost us home delivery wise and we like what we get elsewhere. How would they feel if it was them?

Off to choose what I am gonna munch for tea and it looks GOOD:lol:

spelling

Cheak, at 15.15 asdas sent me an email trying to offer their product of life insurance.

Considering the stress they cause could be considered life shortening if you stayed as a regular customer, STRESS, then perhaps they might want to sell it elsewhere:madgrin:

Asda I asked you to remove me from your mailing lists:-x