John Lewis Tv refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a LG tv from John Lewis 3 1/2 years ago with a £200 discount off a soundbar if bought at the same time.

The TV is now faulty and deemed unrepairable. They first offered me a much lower spec TV. After I refused this they agreed and offered me a refund.

The problem is the amount they have offered me is the TV price minus the £200 I saved off the soundbar. They argue the saving was off the TV and they will not budge from this.

The reciept does not state where the £200 saving was made, it just states -£200 offer.

I distinctly remember it being from the soundbar and not the TV and if you ever have seen any of there offers with money off a TV and sounbar it always states it is from the sounbar.

They say "The disount on our system is applied directly to the television, indicating that the sounbar is at full price and the television has a discount; howevewr this has been disregarded. The final settlement value has been agreed and it is the previously offered £579." Which is £200 less than the TV price.

Advice please.

if you paid £779 for the deal 3.5yrs ago and they are now offering £579, take it,

you've done well there in it only 'costing' you £200 for 3.5yrs commensurate usage, thats normally alot higher figure. 

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Their guarantee offers like for like replacement or the equivalent money back. Problem is I can't get an equivalent replacement for the amount offered. 

guarantees and warranties mean nothing consumer rights act is your friend.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My site team colleague is correct.  Usually speaking, you would only get a portion of the damages to reflect the remaining life expectancy of an item in respect of which you have already had 3 years of use.

However, you are now referring to some kind of warranty which apparently offers right for like replacement.

This could change the picture substantially.

Normally a warranty is not relevant but in this case it may have some particular value.

Why didn't you refer to this in the first place. Is there anything else or interest which you haven't revealed yet

Please can you post up the relevant wording of the warranty.

If we can't repair your TV, we'll replace it with a TV of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available, we'll either offer you the nearest equivalent specification or its selling price value, and we'll always do our best to make sure you're satisfied with the outcome.

Did you pay for this warranty or was it included with the TV.

Have you identified 2 or 3 televisions which would be a suitable replacement under the terms of their warranty?

What would be the value of all those televisions?

I would say that in the case of JL* and Richer Sounds their TV guarantees/warranties generally offer better protection than CRA.  (As I would suggest is the case here...)

* Although I understand JL are looking at changing their guarantee terms and they may not be so generous in the future.

Edited by Manxman in exile