Blueskies v Barclays - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WELL DONE YOU!!!!

It's the result for you that matters and you got it! :D

Congratulations!

(And good luck with your next claims!!!!!)

BARCLAYS - £9,807.75

Data Protection Act SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

PRELIMINARY SENT - 13TH JUNE 06

LBA SENT - 4TH JULY 06

:o CLAIM FOR £9,707.75 FILED - 17TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 1ST TIME - 20TH JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 2ND TIME - 22ND JULY 06

:mad: CLAIM SERVED 3RD TIME - 2ND AUGUST 06

ACKNOWLEDGEMNET OF SERVICE - 14TH AUGUST 06

DEFENCE RECEIVED - 30TH AUGUST 06

ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE - 18TH SEPTEMBER 06

ALLOCATED TO FAST-TRACK - 28TH SEPTEMBER 06

STANDARD LIST OF DISCLOSURE

(BY LIST) AS ON COURT ORDER - 1ST NOVEMBER 06

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congratulations from one pinky to another

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Well done. Congratulations.:D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ive been watching your threads with interest. Well done, there's not been many people that have settled with Barclays yet so I was getting a bit Nervous, but that has put my mind at ease...

Isherwood v Barclays £1155

1st letter sent 3/6/2006

Offer of £465 rejected 1/7/2006

LBA sent 10/07/2006

bogoff REPLY SENT 12/07/2006

MCOL COURT ACTION 17/7/2006

ACKNOWLEDGED 28/7/2006

DEFENCE ISSUED 17/8/2006

Defence and AQ received 23/8/2006

AQ delivered by hand to the County Court 24/8/2006

Court Date received on 26th Sept for 18th January

Documents Sent to Barclays and Courts 12th Oct

2ND JAN SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA request for £67 refund sent 17/7/2006

Halifax - Your next :eek:

Update.

I have agreed with Mr Keith Jeremiah that when relaying information regarding the outcome of this case that I will stress that Barclays admit no liability to the amount claimed and are paying the claim to avoid unnecessary incovenience to either party.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Update.

I have agreed with Mr Keith Jeremiah that when relaying information regarding the outcome of this case that I will stress that Barclays admit no liability to the amount claimed and are paying the claim to avoid unnecessary incovenience to either party.

Can I just say well done and who does he think he's kidding

Beat up Halifax for - £750 :p

Barclays - Offer recieved 30/8 for 1/2,

Court Claim submitted 31/8 for full amount

Claiming in Northern Ireland so any help or guidance very much appreciated

Congratulations Blueskies. My claim against Barclays was deemed to have been served on 5th July so the 28 days is up on the 2nd August. I have £100 standing by for the AQ.

Did Barclays pay up just after the AQ went in? Do you think is it would be advisable to contact KJ or whoever to extract an offer from them?

£4000 would come in very handy next month.

You didn't let the fatherless chillen get ya!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I would like to get started with claiming. Where do I start? I have all of my statements (I never throw them away)! I'm not sure what I can claim for/ what I am looking for on the statements. I recieved an e-mail from someone, but it was a link, and I didn't understand (I am only new to this site).

Hope you can help. I'm getting quite excited about it all.

HI Blueskies,

I don't know whether you still visit the site but I am very interested as to what you said to Keith Jeremiah as have just recieved my AQ and am not sur what cousrse of action to take.

Many thanks

Hope you had a good hol

;-)

Hi, thanks for all the replies. I have received the money, filled in the survey, and made a donation. This is literally 5 minutes on a computer between holidays but will hopefully be back in 10 days.

As regards your question Mrgreengenes, it is not always advisable to contact the bank directly by telephone. As you can see above I have done it and had a good result but you have to be sure of what you are talking about and be able to answer any questions immediately. It is, of course, entirely after you and am not saying you shouldn't do it but I advise extreme caution.

Good luck.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 3 weeks later...

:) Well done Blueskies reading your posts have made me feel a lot more confident that there IS light at the end of the tunnel...

Im just starting out & sent my Prelim on 8th Aug & the 14 days are up today...

Still no response (apart from all the standard "Im sorry blaa blaa blaa" letters) so im getting ready to send my LBA if I dont get anything in tomorrows post....

I was just wondering??? Did they threaten to close your account???:?: & do you still bank with them???:?:....

Its great to hear that everyday people like us who's just trying to keep our heads above water are getting back our own money that would normally be going to pay the bonuses of the executive fat cats that don't have any financial problems at all....exept where to spend it....

WELL DONE....

AS I SAID.....

"ENOUGH'S ENOUGH".....

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME I FOUGHT BACK.....

DON'T YOU....

:D

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you WIN" Mahatma Gandhi

• 1 month later...

Oh , thank heavens for that! - Actually read the thread link as "Barclays Won", was trawling through from start waiting for it to all go pete tong.:-o

Congrats, right off to hypno regression in order to remember exactly who i've had accounts and cards with in last 6 years. Then its letter time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a quick hello to let you know 'where I am at'-Sent Data Protection letter off to The Woolwich and Capital One on 23 September. Received a breakdown of all charges from The Woolwich this morning.They returned my £10, too ! Though Barclays (The Woolwich) refuses to give me any details about any manual interventions it has made on my acount stating that "..the DPA does not oblige the bank to comment about internal policies and procedures...". What do I do about that? Should I just leave it-tempted not to.

Capital One have sent a letter stating that they will forward copies of statements and any records of manual interventions. I don't understand how one bank is quite happy to show any manual interventions and another not?

Anyway, am at stage 2 with Woolwich and I estimate I am owed £780.00 by them and have just copied and pasted the next letter to be sent. Fingers crossed! If I get this I can pay off 2 bills! Hoorah!

Just received a respond from Barclays about my preliminary letter.I think its the standard letter disagreeing with me.So I will go ahead to post letter before action.

Will keep you informed.The lady gave me her email address.Is it advisable to communicate with her by email? I would require the evidence of letters if the matter goes to court?? I am not sure.But she said if she doesn't hear from me in 8 weeks she would assume the matter is finalised.

Thank you for all the postings.I am really benefitting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everbody.

I'm new to this game and like many of you, I'm fed up of being kicked around by the banks when I'm down on my luck. Funny how they never bother you when things are going well.

Today I received statements from Barclays going back 6 years on our joint account and calculate that I've been screwed for £940 + interest. (not yet calculated) [Advice welcome] I fully intend to chase various other accounts with credit card companies and other banks thatI've been with in the past, and am still with. Has anyone had experience of the banks closing down accounts because of direct action agaainst them to recover illegal charges?

Are there any banks out there who will accept someone with a less than perfect track record.

I've just finished reading the Blueskies v Barclays tale and it has certainly given me the confidence to go ahead and fight them.

Well done!

Hi Henry

I had a great speadsheet emailed to mt by Bill... it adds up the Compaounded Contractual interest of 16.9%... which a lot of people are claiming now instead of the 8%. I can mail you a copy in Excell if you like??? PM me if you decide you need it, with your email, and I'll forward it on to you... it is pretty straight forward to fill in. It's great to see how much interest is owed too... claims with coupounded contractual interest have been won too so it is not scary to try and claim it.

Good luck with Barclays... I am just at the stage where I am about to file an N1... they offered me half of the money owing about three weeks back... I have just printed all the bumf off and am going into the court office tomorrow with my £80 fee.... Bring it on!!

Maxine

Moodle

Hi Maxine,

In answer to your question of 'How did you end up being a moderator?'

I was helping newbies for a long time and it was noted that I was helping the team and I was asked if I wanted to become a Site Helper. After a while of being a site helper I was invited to be a moderator.

It comes with a combination of patience, reading, knowledge and effort

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Blueskies

Just read ur thread from start to finish.....And Well Done......I had 2 accounts with Barclays (Additions and Business).........i'm at the stage now (Additions account) where they have just replied with there defence, from our friend Adrian St John and its virtually word for word the same as yours was, just filling in form N149 and writing out my cheque for £100.00........Any tips on filling in the form would be appreciated from anyone. wish i'd known about the compound interest (16.9%) earlier I entered mine at the standard 8%.......but hey hoo it still amounts to £3,500 of my money they owe me.....posted off 2nd letter for the business account earlier this week, claiming £1,900 no doubt this will follow the same avenue......i'll keep u informed of progress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks