allied international credit

karens25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for the reply., I have written the letter requesting a copy of the credit agreement and will be posting today with £1 po. I will also write the other asking for copies showing charges etc., Can you let me know what to write for this one? I would really appreciate it. I couldnt believe the attitude from the guy who took my call I offered £50 month and he sad only the full payment would be accepted..

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received a letter from Allied International Credit who are asking for £304.55, a debt passed onto them by someone called Triumph Asset Services. As far as I can tell TAS are a Canadian firm, and I have never had any dealings with them. I have never defaulted on any payments and do not owe any money to anyone. I have certainly never been contacted by anyone in the past asking for money. Can they issue me with a final notice of intent? They claim they want to take the matter to court. I have done some digging and find that they are both part of the same firm. Also, I had to PAY the postage cost as their letter did not even have a postage stamp on it. Can I claim my £2.27 back from them?

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had exactly the same problem with allied international credit after a number of phone calls and a rude women called 'mrs ross' kept telling me to put my account on hold even though I told her I could not afford the whole payment all at once they refused any kind of payment plan and have told me I have two options which are: pay in full by a certain date or payments of £131 a month for three months! do they forget we have other comitments including rent, bills and other debt???? Im going to make a formal complaint about this company and that womens rude comments including telling me I was on holiday abroad when ive never even been abroad due to lack of money because of debts the cheek of this company is terrible ive never had any problems with any other company apart from these.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Glad to see we are not the only ones whom have had the pleasure of dealing with AIC.

My husband owes them credit card debt for 2 accounts. The rung quite alot last week and sought advice and sent a request paying a £10 postal order on Sat. However I am concerned as I have recieved a letter dated before they rung stating a notification on intended visit? How easy is it or them to enter our property?

Also my husband owes another company money, and we have been trying to get through to offer a payment plan but their credit control do not recieve incoming calls and he is out when they ring. How can I speak to them on his behalf? I don't want this debt to get passed over to a company like AIC.

Thanks and good luck all!

Hi JSC

Welcome to CAG.

Send them this letter

Please note that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a "doorstep call", please remember that there is only an implied license under English Common Law for certain people to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. 384 per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Please therefore take note that, I revoke license under English Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so without my permission, you will then be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless.

It would be a good idea to start your own thread - you will get more help that way.

Hi all, I've got one with this lot as well, and I find them quite intimidating.

Basically, I have requested a CCA and got one from RBS, but these peeps refused point blank to accept instalments and insisted that they would make me bankrupt. I live in social housing and don't own a car so I have nothing !!

I was going to write to explain that all correspondence must be in writing and make a reasonable offer of monthly instalments. By the sound of some of the other postings, they probably wouldn't acept it, but is it worth a try ?

Thanks.

Hi Rashley

Welcome to CAG

If they send you a statutory demand (SD, ie to start proceedings to make you bankrupt) let us know. We can have some fun with them. There are several firms that are now routinely issuing SDs in completely stupid situations. They can be fought and won quite easily and you get costs automatically.

Just received a letter from Allied International Credit at an address that we use in France telling us that they are preparing the account (LloydsTSB Credit Card) for transfer to their Legal representatives in our country and in order to prevent this we need to ring them immediately. Of course we do not ring debt collectors, only ever deal in writing. The debt is below £5,000 and it is difficult to believe that it would be worthwhile to do this or that they can. We have written to LloydsTSB repeatedly since 2005 about illegal contracts asking them for details of how their charges are calculated, addresses of auditors etc so that we can take action against them in court for the illegal contract. Of course they never replied although they did give back the charges plus interest saying that they would take it off the debt. We did not agree to this and have heard nothing since until ALC contacted us. We have always made fairly regular, small monthly repayments but as these got smaller as times got harder Lloyds passed the debt on (without telling us). Got some very good information on this thread and will be sending a request to AIC for the credit agreement with a £1 cheque. I shall also be including that this debt is in dispute and Lloyds have failed to fully answer our questions along with questions about when and how this debt was passed to them and who has access to our personal details.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone help ?

I got the attached email, but can't find the post !!!!!

not_happy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - allied international credit - in the Other Institutions forum of The Consumer Forums.

This thread is located at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/18315-allied-international-credit-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Hello Steven,

I have seen some of your replies on AIC and I wanted to get some advice from you. I tried to start a new thread without success.

I had a call yesterday from a guy from AIC who basically told me my debt had been passed to them from AMEX. It is for £7900 however he told me the money had to be paid then and there in full. However there we extra changes I had to pay for which made the total £9100. He informed me if I did not pay the money straight away they would start court proceedings for forced bankruptcy. I am very scared this threat is very real. I sent a CCA straight away as well as a SAR to both AIC and AMEX.

I was reading some other information on other forums which tell me they could force court action and a judge could force me to sell my house.

I did offer AIC to pay £1000 as a start and some monthly payments on it however he was not interested and was very rude to me.

After reading the forums I concluded that I should only be communicating with them in writing. This morning I got another call from this person at AIC where I asked him to send all correspondance in writing - he said no and informed me it was a courtesy call to tell me on thursday they will be start the process of court action and hung up.

I am feeling quite nervous, I am a director of a company and if I go into bankruptcy I will loose everything including my business.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Edited by steven4064

Hi Rashley,

I had almost exactly the same phone call from AIC in October because I was 90 days late on my payments to amex, although I actually thought I had a few days to go The guy I spoke to was a total B*****d. He said I had owed Amex £8000+ but had to pay AIC £9000+ immediately plus or they would start court proceedings, get my home repossessed, and so on. I was hysterical. I offered £840 (which would have meant I paid them instead of the mortgage) and they refused. By that evening I was absolutely suicidal and called them but got their answering machine and left messages begging them not to start proceedings. They didn't call back in response and when I called the following day they denied getting my calls. I was so distressed I called FSA who referred me to CCCS and as soon as I got a reference number to quote to AIC they backed off. This was in early October and they haven't done anything about starting the legal proceedings, although I got a call last month saying they would accept the £840. I said they couldn't have it as I had paid someone else.

Like you I have a limited company and could lose anything. I know how terrified you must be feeling after your calls from AIC.

After I sent the CCA letter Amex sent me a copy of my 60-second application form with the apparent prescribed terms which they say were on the back. I haven't yet started a new thread, and I need to so I can see if application forms from Amex actually have ever been accepted in law as Agreement forms.

AIC are the nastiest bullies. If you haven't already gone to the CCCS I would do so. You don't have to go along with their recommendations if you don't want to but a CCCS reference really does get all the credit card companies to back off.

Nothing is going to happen to you before Christmas, so try to get through it and put all this on the back burner. Hard

DD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, not sure if I am in the right place but AIC have been chasing me for a while and I found this site in November 2008. On 4th November I wrote to them asking for a copy of the Credit agreement using the template found on this site. I enclosed a £1 postal order and the letter was sent recorded delivery which I tracked and it was delivered. I had no reply from them (but many phone calls) On Dec 7th I sent them the follow up letter (recorded delivery) again the template I found on this site. I also wrote to them asking them not to contact me by phone (recorded delivery again) but in writing only they still regularly ring my daughter. Today(14th Jan) I received a letter from Tesco, dated 8th January, saying that they received my letter dated 4th Nov on 10 December enclosing a copy of the said agreement. This is way outside the 12 days and 30 days required by law for their reply. What do I do now - can anyone help please? By the way I live abroad and have no property in the UK I do not work and exist on a small pension.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi

I too am now having a number of problems with this client, there first point of contact with me was last friday when they sent a text message to me asking me to call them.

I reponded to the text immediately and was advised that this was in relation to Lloyds TSB account and that they required an immediatre payment of over £5.5k as far as i was aware at this point the account was with BLS Collection that i have been maintaining payments with for a number of years. I dod however call BLS and they stated they had passed the account on

AIC - Are unwilling to set upi any form of payment plan and simply stated they will be pursuing me through court and are applying for a forced Bankruptcy - I am so scared i have 2 children and cannot bear the thought of this i was so upset after my phone call with them that i had to be sent home from work does anyone know how i could be helped they were so scary i wanted to die after ther call as it appears to be all or nothing from them

I was wondering if anyone could advise on how they have got on with CCA requests as a number of people have requested them are you all been pursued still and has anyone gone to court ???

I have also had problems with both Lloyds TSB and AIC. Not sure where to go from here!!

Hi Genevive,

We'll all help you. Do you want to start a thread and post the link here? You could post it under Lloyds or AIC and you'll get a number of replies.

AIC are absolutely wicked in their threats but actually can't do what they say.

Please post all the details and we'll help you.

DD

Hi genevive, listen to DD she knows what she's talking about, I had loads of threats from AIC for about 6 months and I requested a copy of my CCA and stuck to my guns and just ignored them, they sent me a copy of a credit card application but obviously couldn't provide a CCA so they eventually gave up. DON'T let them bully you, refuse to speak to them on the phone, never call them back. Request a copy of your CCA, sit back and wait. Keep all correspondence from them and keep a log of all the calls, texts etc from them and a brief outline of the contents of the call. We're all here to help, so please don't think you're alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I owe £307.43 to HSBC, which is an overdraft I had and I am paying back at £10 per month, which is the agreed amount with MCS (Metropolitan Collection Services) and I pay on one of their yellow payment cards.

What has this got to do with Allied Internation you ask. Well, yesterday I received one of their yellow cards saying that I need to get in touch with a Mr McKenzie about this, so I did! I didn't speak to the man, but to this young girl who just wouldn't listen at all to what I was saying. I said that I had been paying this debt off and the last payment was on 30th September. She told me that they hadn't received any payments at all. I told her that AIC wouldn't have received anything if they only took over the debt on 30th September and that she needed to contact HSBC to find out why they had been passed the debt, when I was regularly paying MCS. The stupid girl wouldn't contact them or listen to what I was saying to her, so I put the phone down!

I have written a strongly worded letter to HSBC to find out exactly what is going on and I've also written to AIC saying not to contact me again, as if they did, I would seek out a case for harrassment.

Edited by Adams girlfriend
spelling mistakes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks