allied international credit

karens25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few unconnected calls last week from them (Glasgow witheld)

They asked me to call, so I did.

At the outset of the call I politely told them that ALL calls to and from my mobile are recorded as I use it for business also.

After reading about how they bullied and harassed folk I was expecting a fight

It may have been the way I dealt with it. I FAXED them a copy of the letter sent to MBNA (who ignored it) and sent a copy adressed to them requesting all communication from them in writing ONLY and if I needed to call I would when it was copnvenient

It must have worked as I called up and once they had my account up on the screen I was referred to as Mr. X...... all through the call. They were really polite and were calm when I basically told them I could not affoard to pay the balance and I had been advised to pay £1.00 per month as a token payment

Not holding my breath, but so far so calm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I am a Brit now living in Canada, and have been contacted by AIC about a loan from HSBC which was taken out before april 2007. I was mortified and insulted by a Mr Carrigan from the Glasgow office over the telephone this morning(in Canada). Myself, and my in-laws (who still live in England, and they've also telephoned) were basically called liars and I was basically called a fraud and criminal, I had every intention of paying this loan back until I encountered Mr Carrigan, Now after reading this forum very carefully, Am I understanding correctly that if they haven't done their job properly, I may not have to pay it back at all??

Hi there, I am a Brit now living in Canada, and have been contacted by AIC about a loan from HSBC which was taken out before april 2007. I was mortified and insulted by a Mr Carrigan from the Glasgow office over the telephone this morning(in Canada). Myself, and my in-laws (who still live in England, and they've also telephoned) were basically called liars and I was basically called a fraud and criminal, I had every intention of paying this loan back until I encountered Mr Carrigan, Now after reading this forum very carefully, Am I understanding correctly that if they haven't done their job properly, I may not have to pay it back at all??

Hi I have just joined the Forum and I have been having problem with AIC, as I can see lots more of you have!!

I have sent a Subject Access Request to them after Lloyds TSB passed my debt on to them. I have received a letter from AIC saying they have passed the request back to Lloyds as they are not the Data Controller and Lloyds will provide me with the information I have requested.

I sent the letter to AIC on the 17th August 2009 and the reply they sent back was dated 22 October 2009, I know AIC are in breach of the Subject Access Request, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Can anyone advise me please. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got behind with payments on my Amex card and the account was passed to Steven Hearton at Allied International Credit. I agreed an initial payment and to pay the remainder of the balance on the 30th of November. He called me and asked if the payment could be taken early to which I replied that I would check my account and confirm if I could indeed settle the debt before the 30th. I received an email this morning saying the money had been taken and that he considered the matter closed.

AIC have left me overdrawn and with no access to any funds over the weekend. My card was declined last night at a petrol station and I am now incurring bank charges on scheduled direct debits leaving my account yesterday and today that have come back un-paid.

I would not recommend giving your card details to Allied International Credit as they will use them to withdraw money from your account at will with no authorization from you.

If you need to pay them, send them a cheque or you will leave yourself open to abuse.

FOLKS!

This thread is turning into a nightmare

Each one of you other than the original poster needs to start a new thread to detail your issues and let people help you

The most suitable area for threads relating to Debt Colection Agencies is found HERE (once there, click the NEW THREAD button about a 1/4 of the way down the page)

As an aside, I might add I dealt with AIC sometime ago - ignored their letters and calls totally and surprise, surprise - they dissapeared!

These people only have as much power as you give them, so if you ignore them, they have nothing

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi,

I got behind with payments on my Amex card and the account was passed to Steven Hearton at Allied International Credit. I agreed an initial payment and to pay the remainder of the balance on the 30th of November. He called me and asked if the payment could be taken early to which I replied that I would check my account and confirm if I could indeed settle the debt before the 30th. I received an email this morning saying the money had been taken and that he considered the matter closed.

AIC have left me overdrawn and with no access to any funds over the weekend. My card was declined last night at a petrol station and I am now incurring bank charges on scheduled direct debits leaving my account yesterday and today that have come back un-paid.

I would not recommend giving your card details to Allied International Credit as they will use them to withdraw money from your account at will with no authorization from you.

If you need to pay them, send them a cheque or you will leave yourself open to abuse.

Contact your bank

If they did this without authorisation it is theft!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I totally agree with ncf.

Everyone, never, ever, give your card details to a DCA. They'll help themselves to your money at will.

I would call them right now, tell them it is theft and if they do not return all the money immediately by transfer into your bank account then you will report them to FOC, OFT, FSA, everyone, and the police. When you do settle the debt, make sure you deduct all the bank charges you have incurred and some extra for your distress, embarrassment, and so on.

DD

• 1 month later...

When it comes to DCA's, remember, they can do nothing to you without going to court. However, you can appoint a "representative" to deal with them, and if they fail to do so, you can prosecute them for harassment.

I happen to be such a "representative" and live only 10 minutes walk from this firm's "Collection centre". So if anyone wishes to appoint me as their representative (no costs involved, though contributions towards stamps always help) then I will be happy to act as a buffer zone between you and the DCA.

I can also point you to a good solicitor with experience of suing banks etc for harassment. And no, I don't get a kickback, either. Maybe I should negotiate so I do :D

PM me for details please.

--

Nationwide started 25/4 Statements 19/5/06 Settled by Tomlin order

Barclaycard started 26/4 Statements 3/6 £350 claimed

Claim 6QZ42513 - Default Judgement 1/8/06 - Settled for £358

New claim started for further charges, Prelim letter 3/10

DPA issues included in claim

Capital One started 26/4 Statements 31/5/06 £550 claimed Claim 6QZ46307 - Settled for £552

Littlewoods account default REMOVED

Camden Council PCN £84.59 claimed Claim 6QZ54253 issue 22/9/2007 Claim dismissed :mad:

Parachute packed and tested :!: and they know who I am now...

Moneyclaim is STILL busy... ;)

<link removed - sorry>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am in trouble, recently i was trying to get a mortgage from my LLoyds TSB Bank and they have declined to give it. I had number of credit cards and a loan with lloyds which i sincerely paid off to stay away from debts a year back but now they say they cannot lend me anything. I then tried to check my credit report and in the financial account information found there is an entry by allied international credit saying i defaulted.

It gives a default date of 2004 and date last updated of 2010 (what is the updated date about ????). There was an issue I had with a lender company in 2004 which i do not want to discuss here. I have not received any calls or letters from Allied yet. Can someone answer the following please;

1) I believe there is some law which says after certain number of years debt will be automatically erased?

2) How can i persue Allied by legal means to remove my name and foresee closure of the default as settled or removed ? I do not want to pay it ofcourse.

Please help.

Hi Piscean,

You might want to start your own thread about this issue and you can be as vague as you like on it.

Debts are statute barred after six years, so I think this is a last attempt by AIC to get something out of you. It's going to depend on the month you last made a payment to the alleged account.

I don't know enough to help you about getting defaults removed, but others here will help with that, and if you do a search you'll see what others are doing and what success they are having.

If you start a new thread then put a link here and we'll see how we can help.

DD

Hi, Im in a desparate situatuin at the moment. I had a cc with RBS and failed to pay two monyhly installments. They didn't notify me of their intention to pass my dedt to AIC and last week when I called to pay them they told what they did!!...I called AIC and they said couldn't agree to pay by installements when I explained my situation, they just gave me two options: either to pay the full amount in 48hrs or the dedt will be passed to the letigate team to take further action or they could give me until the 10th of the month to pay the the 1900 pounds out of the 2500 pound saying the rest will be written off.

At the moment Im unable to obtain the 1900 pounds and Im so scared of them taking court action as I have a mortgaged property and Im afraid of claiming to take this...anyone who could advise me what I can do!!! IT IS URGENT!!

Edited by KBSAD

Hi KBSAD, and Welcome to CAG,

I know exactly how you are feeling. They terrified me half to death in 2008 before I found CAG. There is a very nasty Mr Gilmour and really they are all absolutely evil. They threaten anything and everything to frighten you, and actually I've never heard of them doing anything. They will lie and tell you they'll get a charging order on your house, and more. All rubbish. It's all a big try on to get more money from you than you have to pay. (As one of the other CAGers once said, "Hadn't they threatened the plague of locusts and abduction of my firstborn too?")

Don't take their calls. Don't go through security. If you want to say anything just say, "In writing only" and hang up.

Is it £199 that you owe RBS for two monthly payments? If so, can you afford to send them anything? They will accept a payment regardless of what they say about the account being with AIC. If you send a cheque they'll apply it to your account.

Your agreement with RBS may not be an enforceable one, and if so you'll be able to negotiate with them. When did you take the card out?

Please don't worry about them, and do a search on them here either as Allied International, or Aic, and you'll see that they can be seen off very effectively.

DDx

Hi Desperate Daniella,

Thank you for your responce. Sorry it was mistyping the 199...the debt with RBS is 2500 and we had agreed monthly installements, which I failed to pay for two months. I called them to pay the outstanding plus the current months installement and they refused saying they cannot do anything about it now. They passed me to AIC and they offered me the two options mentioned...when they asked me the questions whether Im a property or car owner I said no and that I was renting...they are waiting for my call today to say what I have decided of the two options they gave me!!...Im calling now the National dedt line for advise as well...I really don't know know what shall I do!!

I will definately ask for the options they gave me and all correspodence in writting going forward!, but I don't really want to have further trouble with them!!

Any other advise????

Desperate Daniella,

The card was issued sometime in 2005-2007...cannot remember exactly now!!

The outstanding installments were 260 pounds plus 130 which I could afford to pay and that's why I called them!!!

Hi,

Don't speak to AIC. I don't know how NDL work, but if you call CCCS they'll give you a reference number, and I imagine NDL do the same. If AIC do get you, give them the reference number and they'll go quietly. Under no circumstances pay them anything at all. If you give them a debit card payment for anything they'll steal more from your account - see post above.

You want to get back on track with RBS, so just send them a cheque in the post for the £390. They may default you, if they haven't already, but once they have cashed that cheque you can call them again and set up a new arrangement.

It may be an enforceable agreement - things changed in that time frame. You could write and ask them for a copy but if they haven't cancelled the card you may want to continue using it, and if so I wouldn't want to appear that I was likely to be an awkward customer.

You said you didn't hear from them before they passed the account to AIC. Presumably then you didn't receive a Default Notice?

Hi Desperate Daniella,

Thank you for the advise...I will send a check to RBS as u suggested and ask for a new agreement... they have cancelled my card though,I guess I could now ask for a copy of the agreement.

Cannot remember of any Default notice sent by them...I will have to check their letters again..

Can u advise what stands for NDS and CCCS???

Many Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Hi,

NDL is National Debtline

CCCS is the Consumer Credit Counselling Service. You don't have to go with their advice but if you make an appointment for a telephone call in about a fortnight they will give you a reference number to quote to AIC which will get them off your back.

If they have cancelled your card it seems unlikely that they'll issue another one, so you may as well now send them a letter asking for for a copy of your "alleged" credit card agreement, and see what they send. You must enclose a £1 and it's best to use a Postal Order or do a different signature and keep a copy of the letter with that on because it has been known for companies to 'create' a new agreement and put your signature on it. RBS actually sent out an in-house memo to their staff telling them how to do this! :eek:

When you get the reply start your own thread, and put RBS in the title so others on the forum who are also having problems with them will come to the forum to help. eg: KBSAD v Royal Bank of Scotland. Then let us know what you get back.

DD

• 1 month later...

hey im hoping im in the right section here..

my partner has got into some serious trouble in regards to payng back a loan taken out with natwest bank around 2007..

she has had AIC on the phone demanding payment, she is not working right now and claiming JSA (signing on) she told them she wasnt working and did not have the money to pay it in full, but could pay them monthly out of her JSA money.

they refused and wanted a full payment being made..they brought the payment down to half what is owed. and gave until 30th of this month to pay it back.

should i request a CCA from them?

partner is really stressed out about this, and im thinking to pay it up in full in this a good idea???

hey im hoping im in the right section here..

my partner has got into some serious trouble in regards to payng back a loan taken out with natwest bank around 2007..

she has had AIC on the phone demanding payment, she is not working right now and claiming JSA (signing on) she told them she wasnt working and did not have the money to pay it in full, but could pay them monthly out of her JSA money.

they refused and wanted a full payment being made..they brought the payment down to half what is owed. and gave until 30th of this month to pay it back.

should i request a CCA from them?

partner is really stressed out about this, and im thinking to pay it up in full in this a good idea???

It would be wise to pay this in full asap as it clears your credit file and stops any further action being taken against your partner!

It would be wise to pay this in full asap as it clears your credit file and stops any further action being taken against your partner!

lol that advice could only come from someone with a name like "AIC all the way"

the best advice is to start your own thread and get sensible help from the knowledgable people on here.

lol that advice could only come from someone with a name like "AIC all the way"

the best advice is to start your own thread and get sensible help from the knowledgable people on here.

whos more knowledgeable than a collector that works at AIC

frankly i think a lot of the peole on this forum are liars and are only postponing the inevitable

whos more knowledgeable than a collector that works at AIC

frankly i think a lot of the peole on this forum are liars and are only postponing the inevitable

I think the question is actually who ISN'T more knowledgeable than a collector that works at AIC :D

ummmm interesting that you think a lot of people on this forum are liars and only postponing the invitable - perhaps I shall leave that for others to answer for themselves :p

However I do have a question for you - why on earth have you come on this forum ?

An answer such as the one you have given above is far from helpful, to anyone other than AIC.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks