allied international credit

karens25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the question is actually who ISN'T more knowledgeable than a collector that works at AIC :D

ummmm interesting that you think a lot of people on this forum are liars and only postponing the invitable - perhaps I shall leave that for others to answer for themselves :p

However I do have a question for you - why on earth have you come on this forum ?

An answer such as the one you have given above is far from helpful, to anyone other than AIC.

i was in work bored a few days ago and typed Allied International into to google and was highly amused at the lies a lot of people are spewing!

I will say here and now that the rules, regulations and compliance are drummed into us on a daily basis that if we said half the things that have allegedly been said to people on this forum then we would be closed down long ago!

I started in Septembe rlast year and a few people have been terminated due to minor offences so beleive me if any of this were the truth then they wouldnt have any staff left

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in work bored a few days ago and typed Allied International into to google and was highly amused at the lies a lot of people are spewing!

I will say here and now that the rules, regulations and compliance are drummed into us on a daily basis that if we said half the things that have allegedly been said to people on this forum then we would be closed down long ago!

I started in Septembe rlast year and a few people have been terminated due to minor offences so beleive me if any of this were the truth then they wouldnt have any staff left

LOL - there's your answer

The rules, regulations and compliance which are being drummed into you on a daily basis are AIC's version.

AIC's version seems to be roughly the same as many other DCA's which are quite frankly a joke, although not entirely funny when you are being harrassed, intimidated and bomarded with stupid notices etc etc.

Try the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Regulations relating to it for your bedtime reading. You'll find it rather different to the "rules, regulations and compliance" drummed into you by AIC.

Quotes from AIC: "We can get a charging order on your house." "We can make you bankrupt." Not without a CCA 1974-compliant enforceable agreement you can't, and even then you'd have to get a judge to agree to it - which he or she may not.

So now you know that, in case AIC have misled you on that point, are you going to make those threats to someone tomorrow? This week? Are you personally going to tell someone you can take their house or make them bankrupt without an enforceable agreement?

Do you get that warm feeling of job satisfaction when someone is crying down the phone while you bully them?

If it weren't for the fact that so much distress is caused to vulnerable people by the outright lies told by your employees to people who don't know about CAG your company would be a joke.

Ronnie, if you and your partner want to pay this money then you can do so on your own terms. No judge is going to look favourably on AIC if they have refused perfectly reasonable offers of repayments by instalments at a rate your partner can afford.

2007 agreements are often compliant with the Consumer Credit Act, but you have the right to see the agreement before you make any decision. Send a request to AIC with a £1 postal order and ask them to supply a copy of the agreement and say that you will not be taking any further action on any repayment offers until this agreement is received.

DD

whos more knowledgeable than a collector that works at AIC

My dogs...... oh and the tortoise, the parrot, the boa, the hamster.......... - come to think of it the fly that landed on the dogs arse dribble earlier probably has more intelligence than anybody at AIC :D

My dogs...... oh and the tortoise, the parrot, the boa, the hamster.......... - come to think of it the fly that landed on the dogs arse dribble earlier probably has more intelligence than anybody at AIC :D

very mature, your use of smilies really shows me the mentality of who im dealing with!If anyone has said they are gonna petition for a bankruptcy or home repossesion etc then they would have used the terms"Possible repossesion or Possible further action"everything has to be said with a possible preceding it and to be fair, it may be a long shot that anything like that will happen but it is a POSSIBILITY!!

To be honest i cant speak about how other departments behave and to be honest i have heard stories about some of the stuff they do but in my department there is no room for error, as soon as someone says anything they arent supposed to e,g threats, false information or even writing wrong notes into the account notes they get seriously disciplined or terminatedAlli know is my department is extremely vigilant and stands for no nonsense so it seems to me that either all out other departments are seriously compromising out buisness by breaking the law or that everyone on this forum is exagerating

To be honest i cant speak about how other departments behave and to be honest i have heard stories about some of the stuff they do but in my department there is no room for error, as soon as someone says anything they arent supposed to e,g threats, false information or even writing wrong notes into the account notes they get seriously disciplined or terminatedAlli know is my department is extremely vigilant and stands for no nonsense so it seems to me that either all out other departments are seriously compromising out buisness by breaking the law or that everyone on this forum is exagerating

I had hoped that you had found something else to do whilst you were supposed to be working.

The way I look at it is - why would anyone on here lie or exagerate?

People come to this forum to gain help and information so that they can sort out their problems. I am sure that most people have got better things to do then make up scenario's so that they can come on here and chat.

As for AIC staff, they have countless reasons to lie. I presume (correct me if I am wrong) you must work to some sort of bonus structure, ie, the more money you screw out of people, the more you get paid?

I don't think that anyone on this forum is exaggerating but then I've probably read more AIC threads than you have and nearly killed myself after all the threats I had from AIC one afternoon, and I'm not the only one on this forum who has felt exactly the same way. Please don't think I'm exaggerating here. I was frightened to death I would lose my house the following month and my daughter and I would be homeless so I thought she would be better off without me.

I offered to pay an instalment of £1,000 which would have meant not paying my mortgage, but this was turned down flat, and I was told all or nothing or action would start the very next day, and because I wasn't on CAG I didn't know that he was telling downright lies. There was no "possible" in his vocabulary at all - just "we will" do this or that immediately. He also told me to "borrow" the money from someone else to pay AIC, and that is strictly against OFT guidelines, as I am sure you know. Creditors must not encourage a debtor to get into more debt with someone else.

I didn't kill myself because that would have meant my four year old finding me dead.

The following morning I called the FSA who told me to call CCCS who told me that AIC were lying to me, and gave me a reference number to give to AIC. Before I could get a word in edgeways the man who answered the phone at AIC started the threats again, but as soon as I managed to interrupt him with the CCCS reference number he shut up and said they would put everything on hold.

I'm very glad AIC refused the £1,000. Greed, you see, lost them that, and they got nothing.

And I got all that nastiness from AIC because I had missed two payments on my credit card.

No-one is saying that you would behave like that, but sadly people at your company are well known for it.

DD

We do work on a bonus scheme (good one at that) but that has nothing to do with it, the core aim of the buisness is to get money that is owed by Debtors, why should debtors be shown leniancy when they borrowed or spent money they couldnt pay back, if someone borrowed money from you and refused to pay it back or offered you it in installments i bet you wouldnt be happy!Obviously we take peoples situation into consideration but we have a call structure to adhere to and we also look at the outstanding ammount when conducting calls as most people cant pay back lump sums but youd be surprised as to how much people can pay when you push them that little bit further, an example is a boy in my team got a £10,000 payment in full yesterday and at the start of that call the debtor said he couldnt pay anything at all, so with a little persuasion u ca always get something!DCAs are allowed to instruct debtors to borrow money, maybe not from loan or credit companies but friends and relatives and it is openly promoted in here to persuade dbtors to raise the money by any means possible!As far as debtors complaining they are being "threatened", iv spoke to 2 people so far today who have said iv threatened them when i have simply been informing them of the possibilities and consequences if this debt isnt dealt with!

very mature, your use of smilies really shows me the mentality of who im dealing with!If anyone has said they are gonna petition for a bankruptcy or home repossesion etc then they would have used the terms"Possible repossesion or Possible further action"everything has to be said with a possible preceding it and to be fair, it may be a long shot that anything like that will happen but it is a POSSIBILITY!!

Another quiet day at AIC then I see........glad you like the smilies :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

never a quiet day here and im sure you will all be happy to know that i smashed my target today and will have a fat wage packet at the end of April again

Nice one, really pleased for you........ must admit I had a terrible day, some numpty at AIC forgot to send me their cheque and I had to waste 2 hours queuing down the local court to make sure the 3rd party debtor order was filed before the holidays.

Its such a shame that AIC can't/won't pay their own debts even with a court order, really not much a role model to the rest of us.

Anyway, why would you have a 'fat' wage packet? Do AIC pay in cash for any particular reason?

Oh and a few more smilies for you as I know how much you like 'em, apparently its limited to 15 in any one post :D:):p;):D:shock::eek::D:p:p:D;):(:cool::rolleyes:

Let's get a couple of things straight here, shall we?

1. Why should people be shown leniency?

Because people's circumstances change.

People lose jobs, get ill, their children get ill, their partners get ill, someone dies, they get shafted by a business partner, and so on. When a card company gives someone a credit card they have done a credit check and decided that the cardholder should be able to meet their commitment to paying back the debt AT THAT TIME.

2. "If someone borrowed money from you and refused to pay it back or ... offered instalments I bet you wouldn't be happy."

I wasn't aware that AIC actually lent money to anyone. Has anyone ever borrowed money from AIC?

The whole point of a credit card is that it can be repaid by instalments. If AIC won't take instalments that's up to your company but please don't put yourselves in the role of cheated lender because that is not what your company is at all.

3. What situations do you take into consideration? Loss of job, bereavement, terminal illness?

4. "Most people can't pay back lump sums but you'd be surprised how much people can pay you when you push them that little bit further." Too true. I offered £1,000 to AIC which seems like a pretty good instalment to me, but they refused so got nothing. Thank God for their greed.

Should people be bullied into paying AIC for a credit card and risk losing their homes because they can't pay the mortgage? Can you justify that?

5. DCAs should not be asking people to borrow money to pay them, especially when they have not even provided anything by way of proof that the money is owed in the first place. When I was first called by AIC I asked them to put something in writing and they refused point blank and still said they would start Court action the following day. Of course they did because you want the money without any proof that it's owed and that's why your staff browbeat and bully the people they call.

6. "It's openly promoted in here to persuade debtors to raise the money by any means possible."

I think we all know that.

7. You refer to the two people who felt you threatened them today. Did you advise them of their rights about seeing whether they actually have an enforceable credit agreement? Did you suggest that CCCS or CAB could help them?

No, seriously, don't answer that one. We can work that out for ourselves.

A huge number of people on this forum have far more intelligence and certainly a much better understanding of the Consumer Credit Act, Default Notices, Contract Law, and so on than anyone at AIC, so we would be more than qualified to do your job, BUT most people have some kindness in their hearts and would be truly sickened to the stomach to behave in the way that people at your company do. We may have our financial circumstances to worry about and keep us awake at night, but at least we're not responsible for someone else's misery.

Anyway, as Gezwee says, why do you get paid in cash?

if you want to get to sleep at nightjust re read your post, that should do the trick as it just bored the life out of me! The bottom line is that i want to make money and the way i make money is to take your money so its a jungle out there and im the lion, its me or you, UNDERSTAND?!!

YOU won't be getting any money out of ME. :D And you won't be getting any money from lots of other people on CAG either. :D:D

You haven't answered any questions because you can't. Like most people at AIC you are incapable of justifying your actions, so you just shout and bully people.

The thing that always amuses us on CAG is that trolls from DCAs come on here starting out by pretending to be so reasonable and then as soon as you are challenged you reveal your true colours. Gotcha. :D:D:D

I havent been asked any questions though!I am reasonable anyway, im not a PHZ1 collector so its my job to make arrangements with Debtors so if u wanna give me ur REF number i will come to an arrangement with you!

You should change your occupation and go and work as a stand up comedian, you are absolutely hilarious :D

I don't have an AIC reference number any more. You got nothing and the OC got nothing because they didn't have an enforceable agreement. :) If only I'd known that when your company called me.

At some point I intend to settle with the OC, but as they don't have an agreement it will be on my terms, not theirs.

I asked questions at 2) 3) 4) and 7) above.

What do you mean by PHZ1 collector in reference to AIC? I thought that was a chemical term. Is that your in-house term for the really horrible collectors or something? :confused:

I don't have an AIC reference number any more. You got nothing and the OC got nothing because they didn't have an enforceable agreement. :) If only I'd known that when your company called me.

At some point I intend to settle with the OC, but as they don't have an agreement it will be on my terms, not theirs.

I asked questions at 2) 3) 4) and 7) above.

What do you mean by PHZ1 collector in reference to AIC? I thought that was a chemical term. Is that your in-house term for the really horrible collectors or something? :confused:

PHZ1 means phase 1 of the call strategy we go through!wether you have a forceable credit agreement or not you will have to pay t he money back or face consequences which im sure you cant bebothered dealing with!so if i get money from you or not there are plenty of other people out there willing to enhance my bonus at the end of the month, LOVELY

Why is it PHZ instead of PHS if it stands for 'phase'? If you are not a Phase 1 collector, what are you?

Even Judges cannot enforce unenforceable agreements. That would be breaking the law, so if they did enforce one the defendant would have the right of appeal and would win. The CCA 1974 is the law. You should read it. Actually it should be required reading for any employees of any debt collection agencies.

The funniest ever thing said to me by a DCA was, "What's the Consumer Credit Act got to do with anything?" Now that really was hilarious. :)

What about answers to the other questions?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks