allied international credit

karens25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It has been some time since I wrote on here but they are still chasing me. One year later! However, things have changed a little. After sending my CCA request to AIC I followed it up with my in dispute letter. They were still persistant for a few weeks, then all was quiet for about three months. I then got a call from Wescott. Another bunch of maggots that seemed determined. I had several threats from them until I told them all my calls were recorded. They then started sending letters threatening legal action and doorstep visits etc. Both Allied and Wescott also claim that this so called debt is a joint account between myself and a Mrs Askell. I have never heard of this woman before! However, I don't know if it was necessary but I sent a CCA request to Wescott with a £1 postal order as I did with AIC. The letter was returned to me with a letter stating that it was not their responsibility to provide that information and that I should apply to NAT West Bank. I then followed it up with a dispute letter. All went quiet for another three months and now I have ANOTHER debt collection agency phoning me. They also leave messages on my answerphone for Mrs Askell. The agency I refer to is : Robinson Way Limited. I spoke to them on the phone and asked if Wescott had passed my file on to them. They said no. What do I do now? Do I send a CCA request to these people or ignore them? Can you help please.

Thats interesting. I posted just before Christmas about AIC. I was just about to write my letter as advised (it does seem a long time after Christmas doesnt it!) but then got another letter from a company called Arrow Global who have also said MBNA have sold the debt but that I must still send any correspondence to AIC. Also interestingly, they said Irene Brown was speaking in my name which is totally wrong as Irene Brown is my mum and I am acting on her behalf as her daughter. Why has another company popped up? So this seems similar to Trevs post.

This is really frustrating as she only missed one whole payment last year because of a mix up in paperwork. Shes 84 for goodness sake!

Carolyn

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case, I think these companies realise that they are not getting anywhere with me so they sell the account on to another agency. AIC seem to be the most threatening but I told them, and the others that all my calls are recorded. They then suddenly become more polite. They have absolutely no respect for anyone regardless of their age. I believe that they would still be chasing me if I was six foot under. I ignore all their phone calls and letters now as I know they haven't got a case against me. Try not to let this get to you. That is what they want.

Thats interesting. I posted just before Christmas about AIC. I was just about to write my letter as advised (it does seem a long time after Christmas doesnt it!) but then got another letter from a company called Arrow Global who have also said MBNA have sold the debt but that I must still send any correspondence to AIC. Also interestingly, they said Irene Brown was speaking in my name which is totally wrong as Irene Brown is my mum and I am acting on her behalf as her daughter. Why has another company popped up? So this seems similar to Trevs post.

This is really frustrating as she only missed one whole payment last year because of a mix up in paperwork. Shes 84 for goodness sake!

Carolyn

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my letter to AIC (Arrow Global?!) with the postal order asking for the original contract as advised before Christmas. I got a text from them saying to call them urgently. I have been advised not to have any telephone conversations with them. Do I wait until they write to me? I think my mum is getting worried now and says just offer to pay a small amount as she was donig with MBNA but we really dont think it is fair that she has to fill out a new I&E because she was already paying an agreed amount to MBNA, they stopped calling her though and obviously cant get me to answer my phone.

Carolyn

I would not talk to them on the phone. Don't give them a mobile number. They have sold the debt on probably because they feel that it isn't worth chasing. You are within your rights to ask for a copy of the original agreement. There is a template on here ( CCA request) and they ,by law must provide one as proof. When you send it you must also send a £1 postal order and do not sign any letters. I used a word document. I have now had 5 seperate debt collectors asking me for money. Each time i have sent a CCA request letter they have sold the debt on. Now I have received a letter from NAT West Bank asking me to go into my local branch with a copy of my signature plus a passport to prove that I am not the one they should be chasing!!! How absurd is that?

Once you have sent the CCA letter you have to allow them 12 business days to come up with the proof. If they don't then you need to send a follow up letter. You can also find a template on here for that one.

Trevor.

I would not talk to them on the phone. Don't give them a mobile number. They have sold the debt on probably because they feel that it isn't worth chasing. You are within your rights to ask for a copy of the original agreement. There is a template on here ( CCA request) and they ,by law must provide one as proof. When you send it you must also send a £1 postal order and do not sign any letters. I used a word document. I have now had 5 seperate debt collectors asking me for money. Each time i have sent a CCA request letter they have sold the debt on. Now I have received a letter from NAT West Bank asking me to go into my local branch with a copy of my signature plus a passport to prove that I am not the one they should be chasing!!! How absurd is that?

Once you have sent the CCA letter you have to allow them 12 business days to come up with the proof. If they don't then you need to send a follow up letter. You can also find a template on here for that one.

Trevor.

Thanks for the advice Trevor, I will await outcome. Thats interesting what you say about the debt being sold on. Am really worried about my mother having had a stroke before christmas and now she has an irregular heartbeat, so I dont want her too stressed about this.

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the advice Trevor, I will await outcome. Thats interesting what you say about the debt being sold on. Am really worried about my mother having had a stroke before christmas and now she has an irregular heartbeat, so I dont want her too stressed about this.

Carolyn

Following on from my last post I have had another letter from AIC (or Arrow Global, take your pick!). Although I sent them a letter in between my follow up letter they tried to phone me, I must admit the man sounded quite nice but I was walking down a busy road and he said he would phone back. But he didnt. Yesterday my mum got a letter from them with the heading URGENT - FINAL NOTICE OF INTENT and the client name is Arrow Global Guernsey Limited. It states that AIC are acting on behalf of Arrow Global. It kind of says that if my mother doesnt organise payments then they will take money from her wages (she's 85!), assets (shes a council tenant) or seize property and may send in baliffs. I am now worried as she is as I said 85 and I have told them this, together with the fact that she has had a stroke. She is now saying I should offer them some money. I really dont know what to do as the letter went to my mums address and while I feel I should fight them, I dont want my mum to have any hassle because of her condition. Should I stand firm? My nephew says that baliffs cant force entry unless they bring police and this is really not a police matter.

Any help will be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris,

Sometimes people just drop off the forum and we don't know what happens.

Are you having problems with AIC? If you are, start a thread with Allied International Credit somewhere in the title, and post a link here.

I can't tell you how much I hate them, and I will help you where I can.

DD

Hi Chris,

Sometimes people just drop off the forum and we don't know what happens.

Are you having problems with AIC? If you are, start a thread with Allied International Credit somewhere in the title, and post a link here.

I can't tell you how much I hate them, and I will help you where I can.

DD

No prob at the moment but new to all this just reading you never know who you can trust the banks are worse but thanks for reply

The banks hide behind the really nasty DCAs like AIC - they are like henchmen out of The Godfather.

When I came to CAG I thought I'd never get my head round any of it, so like you I read, and read, and read .....

There are people on the forum who can help with almost anything financial.

DD

thread closed

please start your own thread

see the video below

no good posting on a thread from 2006!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks