The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I fell off a bucket and hurt my big toe, would I:

a) be able to claim to the bucket manufacturer that their bucket was faulty and sue?

b) bandage aforementioned toe and kick said bucket?

c) vent pent up anger on another source regardless of how innocent that source may be? (I have various targets in mind by the way!)

Depends if it hurt your toe enough to make you forget about your toothache.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If a tree fell in the forest and there was nobody there to hear it apart from one man, in the eyes of a woman; is he still wrong?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Ok, another (I like this thread!)

Why is Michael Caine regarded as a decent actor, when clearly anyone who has ever seen him in any film knows better?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Why is Michael Caine regarded as a decent actor, when clearly anyone who has ever seen him in any film knows better?

well I thought he was brilliant in Alfie

and zulu

and errrrrrr well all his films

but then I like Barracad so shows my liking of some men maybe misjudged :p

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

That's 'cos you're a scouser and wouldn't recognise a decent actor if he slapped you round the chops!

I mean - Tony Booth!!??

;-)

------------

------------

That's 'cos you're a scouser and wouldn't recognise a decent actor if he slapped you round the chops!

I mean - Tony Booth!!??

;-)

I wouldn't know a decent man full stop lol :p

Tony booth was good in 'til death do us part '

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

No, he was funny (arguably), not a good actor!

I wouldn't know a decent man full stop lol

Janet, we have met on several occasions, so I know this to be false ;-)

------------

------------

Yeah, you got me on that one.

I wouldn't know a decent man full stop lol :p

Janet, we have met on several occasions, so I know this to be false :wink:

I can testify to the fact that she never once made a statement containing the word "decent" (or "indecent" for that matter) when talking about you, though.

As I recall, when you two are in the vicinity of one another, the conversation tends to be on the level of: "Daaave!..... DAVE! Oi! Gissus another drink, will ya? Ta." "Janet!..... JANET! OI! you got a light?" "Dave.... DAAAAAVE!..." etc.... :-D

Is it really "filled with stars" ?

------------

------------

Ive got a question - What causes the absurd, irrational fears we all know as phobias?

I mean, some people are terrified of balloons!

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

I don't like balloons (i am not terrified of them) just don't like them,,,,,

I was watching the box earlier and an avdert came on for a well known processed meat dish. I was wondering has ANYONE EVER CELEBRATED an anniversary by "spamming up?" Have I missed something here?:confused:

Ive got a question - What causes the absurd, irrational fears we all know as phobias?

Oh good, a nice easy and light topic for a sunny Friday afternoon. :rolleyes:

O....k, then. *Deep breath*

First of all, you need to know there 3 main types of phobias: agoraphobia, social phobia, and specific phobia. Specific phobia is a catch all category for any phobias other than agoraphobia and social phobias. There are four categories of specific phobias: situational phobia, fear of natural environment, animal phobia, and blood-injection-injury phobia. Between these four categories are more than 350 different types of specific phobias. They range all the way from cathisophobia-fear of sitting to something as severe as arachnophobia-fear of spiders. For people with social phobia, however, the fear is extremely intrusive and can disrupt normal life, interfering with work or social relationships in varying degrees of severity.

Now for the causes:

Many psychologists believe the cause lies in a combination of genetic predisposition mixed with environmental and social causes. Some believe that neurotransmitter-receptor abnormalities in the brain are suspected to play a part in the development of social phobias. Disorders in the physiology of these neurotransmitters are thought to be the cause of a variety of psychiatric illnesses. It may be also true that human beings are biologically prone to acquire fear of certain noxious animals or situations, such as rats, poisonous animals, animals with disgusting appearance, such as frogs, slugs or cockroaches, etc, but phobias are not always destined in our genes.

Another reason for the development of phobias is that we often associate danger to things and situations that we cannot prevent or control, such as lightning strikes during a storm, or the attack of a dangerous animal. One possible explanation is that those fears where originally important for the survival of the human species thousands of years ago and that they lie dormant inside our brains, just waiting to be awaken at any time.

Traumatic events often trigger the development of specific phobias, which are slightly more prevalent in women than men. Negative social experiences, such as being rejected be peers or suffering some type of embarrassment in public, and poor social skills also seem to be factors, and social phobia may be related to low self-esteem, lack of assertiveness, and feeling of inferiority.

Will that do? :grin:

Who originally wrote the song, "Hey Joe"?

------------

------------

Who was Carly Simon singing about in "You're so vain" ?

------------

------------

A claim that she denies.

------------

------------

Traumatic events often trigger the development of specific phobias, ...

Will that do? :grin:

Very good. I have a specific phobia.

I still don't get what kind of traumatic event could trigger say the fear of sitting!? Or the fear I have... insects with tiny bodies and disgustingly long legs lol. Urgh.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think any have ever attacked me or anything to set this off in the first place!

And I really don't understand why so many people want to get over their non life diruptional fears. I know I don't! Why would I want a tommy spinner to be able to come near me!!??

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!