The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure Robertxc..OMG..they made an overpayment of 7k and we have had cat and mouse for a year over this. Have they no jurisdiction to summons me to Court or send in the debt collectors?

It was not my fault and I didnt know anything was wrong. It came to light and they said now you must pay it back. I said not my mistake, write it off and blah, turned to blah, plus blah, blah, and its petered out but im waiting for the nasty letter as they know where I am. Its been a worry.

Secondly, Tax credits also made a mistake with an overpayment eventhough I informed them of everything, they are threatening me too.

Again I appealed with a Cop 26 to say your error, and I have the two biggies that affect my daily thought processes.

I write, they write,...I write, they write...its a back and fourth procedure.

Whats the law on this then?

Hang on, I said the bailiffs can't get you in France, but that doesn't put you beyond the law. There is presumably nothing preventing you from being sued in France, and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of recovery procedure in place for the EU. My response was only to what I imagined to be a situation where a bailiff has some sort of payment order from a UK court and is trying to boot your door down in France.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

What about you? Do YOU have 10 items all of the same type? No? So what the hell are you b!tching about? :rolleyes:

PS: What is it with the unhealthy obsession with supermarkets all of a sudden? :-?

But I would only ever have ONE item - my sandwich!

FYI, it's only Waitrose that gets this right, by the way!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

The writing on the sign - c'mon Bookie - I thought you were the pedantic one!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please:
Are you EVER going to learn correct English, with specific regard to spelling, punctuation, grammar and etymology?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That's just provo talk, probably stemming from deep-seated (and by that, I DO mean what it sounds like) jealousy that I, a foreigner, can speak better English than most of your countrymen and women.

I shall therefore treat it with the contempt it deserves. :-D

That's just provo talk, probably stemming from deep-seated (and by that, I DO mean what it sounds like) jealousy that I, a foreigner, can speak better English than most of your countrymen and women.

I shall therefore treat it with the contempt it deserves. :-D

A simple "yes/no" will suffice...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Bookworm...!

Just a question on editing posts/subscriptions... got a great reply from freakyleaky but not sure about the "edit folders" what is it for and how do I use it...?

Also.. more to the point of this thread..can't remember what film I saw this on but...

"You(a man) and your friend(a man) are in your car and going by a bus stop when you spot a gorgeous girl... you both(as in you and the girl at bus stop) have eye contact and seem to hit it off straight away. An old lady who is also at the bus stop collapses and needs to go to the hospital.. you haven't got time to phone the ambulance...

Do you

A: Stay with the girl... and have great time

B: Take the lady to hospital

C: Neither

or something else..??

I got it right as soon as it was asked....lol!

(Hope that is a little clearer) and no moaning about being sexist...LOL!

"You and your friend are in your car and going by a bus stop when you spot a gorgeous girl... you both have eye contact and seem to hit it off straight away.
I suppose it really depends on whether you and your friend, as stated as having eye contact, are of the same gender. If you are, then I guess that you do right by the old woman...

I think you get your friend in the car to take the lady to hospital, while you stay with the girl!

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

My friend got attacked by a wasps' nest that she didn't know was there - they followed her right across the garden - she was stung a lot.............. This included her back, arms and face. In particular, they stung her eyelid. If there had been loads of wasps on her face and she had rubbed her eye enough and opened her eye enough to allow a sting to go through - what would be the effect of a sting to the eyeball or pupil or iris?

Sorry, folks, service will be resumed at a later date, I have a deadline against Barclays to meet, so be nice to one another (for those of you who know the meaning of the word, I am not interested in the others) while I wear out my printer.

..be nice to one another (for those of you who know the meaning of the word, I am not interested in the others)
Is not the choice of the word 'NICE' an ouvertly francophile statement??

There are subliminal psycho-analysis issues that perhaps need addressing here methinks??

Could the use of the words 'RICH TEA' not have been incorporated instead??...lol...:D

LOL Demon, I think your spelling is about 300 years out of date :D

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

LOL Demon, I think your spelling is about 300 years out of date :D

Nah, it's just her best friend Agnes who told her that. :-D

That Bookie, would be "whilst I wear my printer out" - we all get tired, I suppose.......................

We all do, I'm sure... But you're again mistaken:

Both while and whilst are ancient, though while is older. There’s no difference in meaning between them. For reasons that aren’t clear, whilst has survived in British English but has died out in the US. However, in Britain it is considered to be a more formal and literary word than its counterpart. Whilst is synonymous with while in standard British English and Australian English.

As for the wasp question, I must admit it intrigued me, so I went a-googling, and found this (it's not nice, beware):

Résumé / Abstract

We report 2 cases of wasp sting of the cornea. The first case was a 40-year-old male who was stung in his left eye by a wasp of the species Vespa mandaria. At the initial visit, his left upper eyelid was swollen and severe chemosis and subconjunctival hemorrhage were evident in this eye. A sting scar was noticed in the 3 o'clock position of the cornea. In the anterior chamber, a keratic precipitate and hypopyon were noted. In spite of irrigation of the anterior chamber performed on the same day, this patient lost vision in the left eye within 3 days. At that time, ultrasonography revealed partial retinal detachment and electroretinography (ERG) revealed non-recordable response. The second case was a 23-year-old male who was stung in his right eye by a wasp. When he visited Kinki University Hospital 3.5 months after the accident, his corrected visual acuity was 0.8 and a slight opacity was found in his right cornea, but ERG showed a normal response. The different effects of wasp sting of the eye in these 2 cases may depend on the type of wasp venom involved and whether the venom was injected into the eye or not.

:eek:

Nah, it's just her best friend Agnes who told her that. :-D

Hoor of Babylon ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed