The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinegar is very good on wasp stings. *runs and hides*

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A large single malt, taken orally, helps.:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

err...no perhaps not

I'm lost was there a point to this post ? or have I missed the question :confused:

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Vinegar is very good on wasp stings. *runs and hides*

Jan, do what I have done:

Go to your CP, open your buddy/ignore list, choose the "ignore" one, add the username of your choice, save list.

Voila. The whining buzzing irritant is gone. And what a blessed relief that is. :-D

I think I would prefer a cup of urine on my eye to onion or vinegar. My own urine, of course. Although, saying that, if I had been stung on my eyeball, i would probably have p***** my pants by then and would be past caring.

I have freaked myself out thinking about how painful this could be and am investing in goggles for the whole family! No onion, no vinegar and no wee.....

Thanks for the info Bookie.

When these bug***s are in a nest of their own, a jam jar will not suffice if you disturb it.....

We all look a bit like bookworm in our house now - except our goggles have side bits on them..........:D

They are indeed. We have an old one in the roof - I keep wanting to remove it, but am a touch wary in case there is something living in it!

Woolleykat is right Bookie, you want to watch out - if they find out where you live it will be carnage!:p

Dear Aunt Bookie,

If I fell off a bucket and hurt my big toe, would I:

a) be able to claim to the bucket manufacturer that their bucket was faulty and sue?

b) bandage aforementioned toe and kick said bucket?

c) vent pent up anger on another source regardless of how innocent that source may be? (I have various targets in mind by the way!)

The bucket is fine by the way! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Dear Aunt Bookie,

a) be able to claim to the bucket manufacturer that their bucket was faulty and sue?

c) vent pent up anger on another source regardless of how innocent that source may be? (I have various targets in mind by the way!)

Well, dear Hedgey, speaking as a manufacturer of buckets myself, I can say that the amounts of idiots who wilfully abuse their buckets and then try to blame it on the buckets is staggering, and I think that the guillotine is too good for them.

If you were to try to sue the manufacturer, (and believe me, a lot of those low-brows morons try!), I would immediately advise them to defend on the grounds of wilful misuse, and countersue on behalf of the bucket for scarring, denting, and cruelty.

I feel very galvanised by this topic. :razz:

Dear Aunt Bookie,

Just a thought ........ what where you doing to fall off the bucket in the first place ????:confused:

Just a thought ........ what where you doing to fall off the bucket in the first place ????:confused:

I was dead-heading me hanging baskets! (Hubby broke the step-ladders........... don't ask!!!!)

Is that a no then on the 'sue the manufacturer' Auntie Bookie????!!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.