The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually one thing i have always meant to ask Bookie, is are you kids bi lingual? did you speak French to them when they were tiddlers and the old man speak english when he was there?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL so are you going to answer the original question Madam Bookworm as it is something that i am really interested in

Oh and closing the thread, blatant abuse of power IMHO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Anyway, answer is no. Speaking from experience, you can only truly raise bilingual if BOTH parents are. With DH French vocab being limited to about 10 words, most of them unsuitable to teach children, and me being too fluent in English, it was fighting the rising tide trying to keep a bilingual environment going. Imagine dinner. DH says something in English, I then answer him in English then translate for kids. Child responds in either language, I need to then translate for someone else. So much for spontaneity in family... :rolleyes:

Add to that that eldest daughter very much said earlier on that she did NOT want to speak French (when asked by my sister), and there you have it. :-|

hmmmm strange, i wanted Archie to be bi lingual (mil is spanish) when her little darlings were babies (40 years ago!) she was told by the teachers not to teach them spanish as it would harm their education, what a load of ball cocks!!!

Loads of kids are bi lingual and do extremely well - hence Mr Lula doesnt speak spanish, and monkey doesnt speak spanish either. So Frustrating!!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

have to say though, I have taught Archie how to order two beers in Spanish, always gets a laugh from the spanish waiters and waitresses.

What little spanish he does have has come from me and Dora the Explorer!!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

"We did it! We did it!"

Ahem.

Next question: You are on a mountainside in a blizzard, with no food, no radio, and a yeti's just run off with your foil blanket. What's the square root of 4,7628?

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

LOL Michael, she wont give a tinkers cuss, and come to think of it, neither do i lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

"We did it! We did it!"

Ahem.

Next question: You are on a mountainside in a blizzard, with no food, no radio, and a yeti's just run off with your foil blanket. What's the square root of 4,7628?

Like I give a toss about that, don't you think I have more to worry about? Now where's that bloody yeti gone? I swear when I catch him, I will slow roast him in the bloody blanket! :mad::-x:x

Well , it has to be said - this thread was only a matter of time.........

I would like to know "what are the winning lottery numbers for this evening's Euro millions?" - please PM me - I don't want to have to share with everyone (I will make a donation to the site though!!!);)

Thanks - a bit harsh bookworm!!!

By the way, the Queens English would dictate:

Ones' individual wealth...................

Sorry to be pedantic, but I know you care.................!!!:)

By the way, the Queens English would dictate:

Ones' individual wealth...................

If you were correct, it would be one's individual health, and the Queen's English. :razz:

But I did not mean "one", as in posh, individual (adj.), as in single, I meant one individual (noun), as in "one person", sorry! ;-) Therefore, my apostrophe is in the right place. :-)