The Ask Bookie a Question thread - Anything you like, form an orderly queue please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it takes an elephant a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples in a barrel of grapes?

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question Two: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he really could be bothered?

Plenty.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

LOL But in this case, Bookie's right :D

Question Two: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if he really could be bothered?

OK, similar lines here but how much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil? I've always wondered

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

OK, similar lines here but how much oil would a gumboil boil if a gumboil could boil oil? I've always wondered

2.3 litres per hour

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Before making a proposal of marriage, is it still considered correct ettiquette to request the permission of the father of ones intended bride before actually getting down on one knee (Despite the fact that you have probably been bonking said lady for several years before reaching this stage in your relationship)

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Before making a proposal of marriage, is it still considered correct ettiquette to request the permission of the father of ones intended bride before actually getting down on one knee (Despite the fact that you have probably been bonking said lady for several years before reaching this stage in your relationship)

Hahahaha!!! LMAO!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Should one floss before or after brushing one's teeth?

After.

Yes. And it's spelt etiquette. ;-) Remember that officially, the father of the bride-to-be is convinced that his little girl has never done anything as gross as letting a man sully her body. Besides, it will convince him that you are maybe not such a nitwit and nowhere good enough for her if you care enough to ask permission. And let's face it, the guy is going to be your father-in-law for many years, you might as well try to keep on his good side if you can. :-D

O wise Auntie Bookie, I have come from far flung lands to ask of you this one important question:

Why is it that they put corned beef in little tins with keys that always break off and leave you with inaccessible meat? I mean, is it some sort of joke? Do they have little cameras embedded in the tin so that they can have a good laugh over your frustration and hunger? Huh?

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

And Bookie, I hope your OK, given the weather. Should we send a boat ???

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Why is it that they put corned beef in little tins with keys that always break off and leave you with inaccessible meat?

The keys come off easily so you can use them to get a supermarket trolley without putting a pound coin in ;-)

Well I made mine do it just for the hell of it and I still won't marry him. Tho dad did tell how much of a miserable b****** I was and did he know what he was taking on.

Fraggle rock by the way was brilliant last night on Boomerang, loved it when kids were young.

:cool: You know Fraggle rock - Strange puppets living down a hole with the all singing all dancing compost heap. Eventually had Fultan McKay ( Mr McKay in Porridge) as the lighthouse keeper. Had shaggy dog and a strange character called Boomer.