UKPC DCBL - PCN 2019 - now claimform - McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they already know that but keep panicking...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

8 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

Who gave me a ccj last time then? 

But there is a legal process.

The fleecers have to formally threaten legal action with a Letter of Claim.

Then they have to issue a claim form.

After they have to win the court case.

If by some freak they did all that, as long as the motorist paid within 30 days, there would be no CCJ.

CCJs are only given to people who, having lost in court, defy the court and still refuse to pay.

That's why we harp on about updating car log books, etc., so you don't miss the whole court procedure and end up with a CCJ by default.

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

DCBL can't take you to court. I see FTMDave is hovering, I'll let him tell you.

LOL, HB.

I was at work unfortunately, but as the computer is always on it'll have seemed I was hovering!

On a break now so i can scribble at last.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi I think the term is back door ccj.

Moved address without informing.

1 year later found out I had a ccj.

There is a thread but can’t find it.

On phone and this app is a bit dinky with mobile.

Same situation.

Parking on private land. 

Someone did mention I may be able to get removed but need to pay £285 or something and it’s not a given. 

So as it is looks like I’m safe from another ccj. I’ve sent that to manager.  Need to email ceo. Might even get Ronald McDonald involved. 

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Tell us more please. What happened last time?

Is there a thread to link us to?

I think it's this HB -

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had a reply from (a) the local McDonald's manager or (b) McDonald's CEO?

He never got back to my strong email telling me it's well within his right to help me with this and drop charges, he said as it's gone to debt collection nothing he can do. Which is rubbish, I called 2 times but wasn't in.. before xmas... I will try again today now!

The CEO of Mcdonalds??? I can't imagine someone who is managing 5000 restaurants is going to take the time to help me out...?

I am now concenred about this letter of claim?!

So it just happens that DCBL just randomly set up a solicitors then... oh yes love the law.

Of course the CEO of McDonald's won't read your mail.

The CEO's team will though and may well help you out.

We have had loads of PCNs cancelled after e-mails to the CEO.

But if you prefer not to even try and choose instead to be taken to court, then fine, your choice.

Just lay it on thick about being a genuine, and regular customer.  Attach any proof of payment.

Add that you've contacted the local manager but s/he refused to help you.

Just keep it simple. 

The idea might fail miserably, but it's just an e-mail and surely worth a try.

As written on your other thread:

1.  Presuming you don't have this paperwork, and presuming they don't formally know your new address, SAR UKPC today (not DCBL) and add a new first paragraph "Firstly, would you kindly note that I no longer live at XXXXX, my new address is XXXXX".  Get that off today 1st class with a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

2.  This evening knock up a draft of a snotty letter.  There are loads on the forum.

3.  This evening explain to us, succinctly, how you got these five invoices.

5 hours ago, FTMDave said:

As written on your other thread:

1.  Presuming you don't have this paperwork, and presuming they don't formally know your new address, SAR UKPC today (not DCBL) and add a new first paragraph "Firstly, would you kindly note that I no longer live at XXXXX, my new address is XXXXX".  Get that off today 1st class with a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

2.  This evening knock up a draft of a snotty letter.  There are loads on the forum.

3.  This evening explain to us, succinctly, how you got these five invoices.

Hi. I’m confused. I replied to this earlier? And have a big rundown. 

Presuming I don’t have paperwork as in which one? 
They have my address now. As on the last SAR I wrote to them for McDonald’s ticket they sent all this new stuff back.  

Ignore the above.

With two threads there was just some confusion, that's all.

Thanks for being so clear about what happened at the shopping centre.

Email back from Mcdonalds CEO team..

"""I was sorry to learn of your comments that you have received a parking fine for overstaying at our car park.

I can confirm this parking area is managed by an independent company who are responsible for monitoring the car park and taking details of registration numbers. I regret that when a parking contravention has occurred, we are unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis, however, if you do wish to pursue the matter, this will need to be done by following the appeals process outlined on the parking ticket.

As a further action after this point, you could contact POPLA, who are an independent body who rule on such matters. They can be contacted via www.popla.co.uk"""""

That's a no then.. I guess this is the least of my worries.

Write back.

who says this is a fine please, it is not land controlled by any council, it is privately owned.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx is right.

Just composing something now.

Sorry to hear this.

McDonald's have never been particularly cooperative with parking tickets.

However, I would write again, given some companies have a policy of fobbing off the motorist with a first contact but then giving in to those who continue.

Send this but don't get your hopes up.

Dear XXXXX,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX, McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

thank you for your e-mail of XXXX regarding a demand for £160 from your agents UK Parking Control Ltd.

I am most disappointed to have received this bill, with threats about court action, for an alleged "overstay" of just 17 minutes during which I and my party were consuming food and drink, which surely is what McDonald's want. 

I am a regular customer of your restaurants.

I see the excuses change continuously.  The branch manager "couldn't" get the invoice cancelled because it "had gone to debt collection".  All that means is that an uninterested third party which does not own the debt had sent a single threatening letter.

Now you are "unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis".  Rubbish!  This is not a "fine" as you erroneously state, it is an invoice from a private company, a private company that you called in.  Of course you are able to call your dogs off. 

Regarding the appeals procedure, I am outside the timeframe for appealing as I never received the paperwork due to moving.  However, that is not the main point.  You are the organ grinder, and you can tell this company to cancel the invoice if you want to.

I have tried to be polite about this matter, and I thank you for your time, but let it me make it quite clear I refuse to pay this sum and should UK Parking Control Ltd. commence court action, which seems likely, I will add McDonald's as a Third Party to the claim.

All this unpleasantness could easily be avoided if you simply told your agents to cancel this bill.

Yours,