UKPC DCBL - PCN 2019 - now claimform - McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if you use the pdfreducer site listed in upload even 100pages shouldnt exceed 4mb!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

very big in file size for only 2 pages!

we need to see everything from the sar related to the speculative invoice you started this thread about.

in one multipage pdf only, if you can read it we can.

said that 3 times now.......

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The most important page of the lot is the original PCN.

We need to see what it was issued for, and if the fleecers respected legal timescales when they sent it out.

But we can't do any of that, because instead of reading the simple upload guide you've put a mound of pieces of paper over it, blanking out not only your details but all the stuff we need to see - the date you parked, the date the charlatans sent their invoice, the time you entered the car park, the time you left, etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you only need to delete your pers details like name address, and BAR or QR code boxes and your reg number and their ref/pcn numbers.

leave all times/dates/£figures etc in please

we dont need the sar reply cover sheet.

you should have had an ANPR PCN sent to the cars registered address on it's V5C  within 14 days 

but ofcourse you had moved.

and they

I’ll look in the huge mound of paper they sent but everything was in date order. Those older vehicle ones has scans of long thin papers. Possibly pcn? 
But nothing if the like for this lost recent one. 

whej I get in I’ll remove tape and only hide what you said and RE scan 

sorry I botched this a bit. Here is the sheet. 

Arrival. 18.10.2019.  07.38am. 

Depart. 18:10.2019. 09.25. 

1 hour 47 minute in total. Which is in excess of maximum allowed time of 1 hour 30. 

17 minutes over. Quick call the cops!! 

PCN Copy+DCBL Final Reminder+Photos.pdf

not sure exactly what you are doing here?

we can see everything

stop using silly tape or whatever

why cant you use a photo  editing program to redact the jpg before conversion to pdf?

dx

what are you using pc, mac, phone?

and they

no!

your pers info is clearly readable.....

1000's of people seem to manage it even on a phone by carefully reading upload.................

and they

15 hours ago, mrk1 said:

Im not computer illiterate.

I, on the contrary, am computer illiterate.

The first time I uploaded something I was sure it would go wrong.  Yet, amazingly, I got it right, simply because the person who had prepared the upload guide had written clear instructions.  Clear even for a dumbo like me.

Conclusion - click on upload and follow the instructions, as dx keeps saying.

As for the 17-minute "overstay".  The fleecers own trade association allows 10 minutes to get out of the car park.  The government Code of Practice allows five minutes at the start to read the signs and 10 minutes to get out of the car park at the end.  Then there's the matter that you were there at a time of peak traffic and it could have taken longer to get away.

As it's such a short "overstay" you could write to the CEO of McDonalds to try to get it cancelled         https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8918&c=Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited-CEO  Lay it on thick about being a genuine, and regular, customer.  I don't think McDonalds are generally very cooperative with these things, but, hey, nothing ventured ...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

put up a proper version or a totally unredacted one and we'll do it for you and swap.

dx

and they

Attachment hidden.

As well as the parking times, the other important detail is when the fleecers sent you their bilge  You were in McDonalds on 18.10.2019.  What date did they send their letter?

what date is that letter

dx

and they

PDFs swapped.

Your registration was showing on the last page but I've sorted that.

I don't know how you expect people to help you when you upload what looks like an expressionist painting covered in bits of paper and full of red lines obscuring important details, instead of, er, reading a simple upload guide.

dx, pretty sure the letter is 24 October 2019.

To carry on Dave's post about the overtime bot h the five minute and ten minutes are minimums.Things like getting young children out of baby seats and then back in again when leaving; getting disabled people in and out of cars;leaving at busy times [one woman took 30 minuted to get out of her car park last christmas] for example.

Was there anything during your visit either before parking or when leaving that could account for the extra two minutes.

Arrival. 18.10.2019.  07.38am. 

Depart. 18:10.2019. 09.25. 

1 hour 47 minute in total. Which is in excess of maximum allowed time of 1 hour 30. 

I received all of these new sheets recently on 6th December 2022. 

Looking on these mosaics of mine. They were sent out 24th October 2019. 

I am going to call McDonald’s now. See what they say. Probably to no avail. Tho I am sure I had mechanical issues at that time. 

I’ve called McDonald’s. Gave me email. Said they may be able to help. 
let’s see what they do.   

• Like 1

Waiting on reply from mcD manager. What Shouod I do about DCBL? To shut them up? And also ukpc. Shouod I email them met them know the manager is carefully considering it? 

McD manager said they can’t cancel it as it’s gone to debt collection
Now what can I do? 

The manager is lying to you.

Time to stop being nice.  Reply that the fact that an uninterested third party has written a letter is neither here nor there.  McDonald's are the organ grinder, they called in UKPC, and if they don't cancel the invoice you will add them as a Third Party to any court action.

And given this manager is a waste of space, also get on to the CEO  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8918&c=Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited-CEO

You can't force him but you can embarrass him and be a total pain the in the backside so that from his point of view it's just easier to cancel it and get rid of you.

You've tried phoning, you've got nowhere, time to put things down formally, legally in writing.  Call him, get an e-mail address, and come back here.

OK, how about this -

Dear XXXXX,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

I refer to our recent telephone conversations regarding a demand for £160 from your agents UK Parking Control Ltd.

I am most disappointed to have received this bill, with threats about court action, for an alleged "overstay" of just 17 minutes during which I and my party were consuming food and drink, which surely is what McDonald's want. 

I am a regular customer of your restaurants.

Its is completely untrue that the invoice cannot be cancelled because it "has gone to debt collection".  All that means is that an uninterested third party which does not own the debt has sent a single threatening letter.

It is McDonald's who called in UK Parking Control Ltd., you are the organ grinder, and you can tell this company to cancel the invoice if you want to.

I have tried to be polite about this matter, and I thank you for your time, but let it me make it quite clear I refuse to pay this sum and should UK Parking Control Ltd. commence court action, which seems likely, I will add your company as a Third Party to the claim.

All this unpleasantness could easily be avoided if you simply told your agents to cancel this bill.

Yours,

Check it for accuracy, see what the other regulars have to say this afternoon, then send off this evening.

And as well as that, as we keep saying, e-mail McDonald's CEO.

This local manager may have very little power, so, belt & braces, get on to the big guns too.

• Like 1