Letter Of Claim for death of cat now Court Claim received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks to all,

does anyone know roughly what i should put in the letter?

should i let them know they cant claim the full cost of the cat? or as ftmdave suggested let them mess up their claim by not mentioning it?

thanks

I don't think you should put anything which suggests any possibility that you might pay anything at all.

Dear XXX

Thank you for your letter containing certain evidential documents. I notice that not all of the questions I have put and the requests that I have made for evidential documents have been met.

I think the best thing you can do now is to issue your claim and we will let a judge sort it out in court.
You can be certain that the judge will want to see proper evidence and hear testimony from vets et cetera.

I suggest that you take some legal advice because you will find that almost everything that you are claiming is not considered to be a valid head of damage.

And as for the rest, I expect that a judge will consider that there is no liability at all and that you will not succeed in getting a judgement and you will be saddled with the cost of the action.

Good luck

Signed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick question

I notice you mentioned they were alternating between two addresses

Are these addresses near the barn? It seems odd that a "much loved" pedigree pet would be kept far from the home

Probably not that relevant a question mind you

Edited by labrat

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

thanks bankfodder - i will print that off and send it.

labrat - no the addresses are not near the barn. as i mentioned a while ago - the owner has lots of feral cats living in the barn (to keep mice away i assume).

After you have sent the letter, don't respond to anything further – whatever it is.

Tell us about it first but probably we will recommend that you only respond if you actually receive a claim form.

Frankly I think it is most unlikely that you receive a claim form.

I think I did ask you earlier on when did the deadline in their letter of claim expire. I don't think you answered this

Okay well send the letter that I have suggested and then don't give any further responses at all.

I get the impression that you have difficulty resisting the temptation to answer back all the time.

This time, just leave it

no - the opposite : her mother kept texting me ...and i never replied to her. the only thing ive done (answering back) is that i sent 1 letter to the cat owner...which was the letter you drafted for me.

Ok. My mistake

• 3 months later...

Any update here?  Have the other side bottled it (so far)?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please merge them together and upload again.

Difficult to read on mobiles.

Also check them first (there's 2 pages the same... 4 and 5) so there might be one missing?

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes – exactly as my site team colleague @Nicky Boy has requested.

Read a single document – single file multipage PDF. Please count and in the correct order and the correct way round and in a way that you would like to receive a document if you are giving help to somebody else free of charge.

Thanks

Well you haven't left anybody very much time have you?

The first thing you need to do is acknowledge the claim and that will get you an extra 14 days. Do that straightaway and let us know that it has been done please.

Secondly, although we've had your story generally on this thread, please can you respond to the allegations contain the particulars of claim – point by point.

Not too much narrative please just simply bullet pointed short statements – paragraph by paragraph

Understood danyboy.

Bankfodder wasn't being critical deliberately.

He's very busy across the forums with multiple cases and probably missed that you've been on holiday.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• Andyorch changed the title to Letter Of Claim for death of cat now Court Claim received.

If you feel that the claim is unfounded then yes of course then you must reject it all.

Do you have any doubts about that? Do you think that anything they are saying is correct

1 hour ago, danyboy72 said:

no most of what they are saying is untrue

we asked you on Friday to comment on each allegation contained in the claim – point by point.

Not only will you need to do this for us but you will need to do it for your defence and for the court.

If you'd rather not do it then I'm not sure that we can help you

• I agree 1