Help! How to revoke a consent order?

HP Mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was duped!

As a freeholder I agreed to a consent order: to grant a lease extension.

Fortunately the c.o specified that the new be same as existing. 

When I tried to draft new lease I realised I couldn't - because the claimant had not served another party to the existing lease - another freeholder.   I did mention this but they were insistent the freeholder had just disappeared off the title.  They then drafted their own lease excluding the other freeholder - kicking them off a registered title.   And have got super aggressive threatening to write to court to enforce their own lease.  (I now understand they have ulterior motives)

There is a lease clause specifically stating that the other freeholder's written consent is required on any assignment/ transfer/ sale.  So I refused to collaborate.   Especially as this other freeholder has been registered at Land Reg for 4y.  Bottom line is they should have served them - they didn't.  Which makes their Notice invalid.

I located this other (overseas) freeholder.  Took more than 2m. Their lawyer states the Notice was not served on them, is invalid, and the otherside must serve a new one.

But I signed a c.o.   Can I revoke it because of the above?   How do I try?

This is definitely something I'm not familiar with, but I had a quick google....

https://www.netlawman.co.uk/ia/breach-of-consent-order

https://www.gov.uk/money-property-when-relationship-ends/apply-for-consent-order

May be of some help?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you - 

So just read the first link and ...potentially:

1)"non-disclosure of material facts when the order was drafted' and

2) " supervening events" ??

I'm not sure the 2nd link is relevant -as this is not a divorce/ splitting of assets issue

Edited by HP Mum